What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA strikes Syria again

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Corporation tax cuts mean higher wages and better job security for workers employed by corporations. They mean new jobs for the unemployed and more taxes payed by them.

:laughing: "HO HO HO! " "look, mommy! it's SANTA CLAUS..."

Spaventa

Veteran
We're all adults here, no one's going to hold your hand.

Type trickle down economics into google.

If you come away with the same impression of what you read, you chose to believe the slim results supporting the theory, despite the weight of evidence against it.

What's the expression for that? Willful ignorance.

Not my claim about the report, not my job to research it or provide evidence for it. When you watch sport, do you expect the other team to help your team? score the goals for them?

You have proof Iran has nuclear weapons?

By all means, go public with this information, don't hold anything back.

No, which is why I didn't claim they have. Development is different to production, or stockpiling - the different words are a clue.

Spaventa

Veteran
Corporation tax cuts mean higher wages and better job security for workers employed by corporations. They mean new jobs for the unemployed and more taxes payed by them.

:laughing: "HO HO HO! " "look, mommy! it's SANTA CLAUS..."

You think more will "trickle" down to the workers if it goes to tax? now THATS funny :tiphat:
You think if Trump makes the bosses poorer, they will treat workers better? lol good one :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not my claim about the report, not my job to research it or provide evidence for it. When you watch sport, do you expect the other team to help your team? score the goals for them?

No, which is why I didn't claim they have. Development is different to production, or stockpiling - the different words are a clue.

The IAEA disagrees with you.

As for holding your hand, pass.

Your beliefs are already cemented. I might as well piss in the wind.

The alternative to tax breaks to the rich, is tax breaks across a level board, which stands on much sturdier ground than outdated rationalizations for cronyism.

Heck, you still think Brexit is anything more than a marginalized former power looking back at a colonial past and pouting that their place today is a sideshow to the real power in Europe. While that power is obstensibly collective, it is backed by France and Germany, not the UK.

Empire! Rah rah rah!

Have another cuppa.

Spaventa

Veteran
The IAEA disagrees with you.

As for holding your hand, pass.

Your beliefs are already cemented. I might as well piss in the wind.

The alternative to tax breaks to the rich, is tax breaks across a level board, which stands on much sturdier ground than outdated rationalizations for cronyism.

Heck, you still think Brexit is anything more than a marginalized former power looking back at a colonial past and pouting that their place today is a sideshow to the real power in Europe. While that power is obstensibly collective, it is backed by France and Germany, not the UK.

Empire! Rah rah rah!

Have another cuppa.

Time for your meds dude. Don't you have a carer to remind you?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Brexit isn't a mistake imo, the whole eu is becoming a huge beurocratic monster that run in a totally anti democratic way, it takes the eu countries sovereignty away in a number of important ways, even the single currency is just another loss of the sovereign power to print money to use in the benefit of all. instead they gave this power to the european central bank, which means the nations have to go begging to finance big projects. worse yet laws are dictated from Brussels that hardly fit some of the nations they are forcing them on, worse yet the open borders lets people in to the eu without being checked or registered, this has quite literally changed the atmosphere in some of the larger towns and even now in the smaller places too. im talking about people that are very unwilling to integrate and accept local laws and customs. these folks never paid a penny into our benefits and pension systems, nor have they paid health insurance their whole lives like we citizens have, but from the first day they arrive they start to drain the states coffers, so yeah, i really understand why the Brits had enough.

refugees should be made comfortable and safe as close to the war zone as is safe, its way cheaper and makes way more sense over all. every dollar spent over there on making the refugees safe and sound, would cost a 100 dollars worth of support locally.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Israel does not want these Islamists in the middle east, so is quite happy to be working towards shoving them all over to Europe by encouraging/fomenting all these proxy and full-on wars against the many Arab rivals that surrounds the state of Israel.....so bringing the middle-east's problems home to roost in the west, which creates vastly more spending on security, as well as having to grub, med and homestead all these new migrants......so creating even larger bureaucracies to serve them....

The common people, the man/woman in the street doesn't gain from this, they actually loose when services get harder to access because of the sudden influx of needy people from radically different cultures who have never contributed to the system they now benefit from(and many never do). Hospital/Medical services are stretched to breaking point, schools have fewer places and larger classes. They loose when crime shoots up in their neighborhoods, and their personal security and liberty is threatened. The draw on the public purse is so great that cut-backs have to be made right across the social services, which affect everyone.....

*Anyway, as I have said before ...Its all part and parcel of THE KALERGI PLAN: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=348315

Brexit isn't a mistake imo, the whole eu is becoming a huge beurocratic monster that run in a totally anti democratic way, it takes the eu countries sovereignty away in a number of important ways, even the single currency is just another loss of the sovereign power to print money to use in the benefit of all. instead they gave this power to the european central bank, which means the nations have to go begging to finance big projects. worse yet laws are dictated from Brussels that hardly fit some of the nations they are forcing them on, worse yet the open borders lets people in to the eu without being checked or registered, this has quite literally changed the atmosphere in some of the larger towns and even now in the smaller places too. im talking about people that are very unwilling to integrate and accept local laws and customs. these folks never paid a penny into our benefits and pension systems, nor have they paid health insurance their whole lives like we citizens have, but from the first day they arrive they start to drain the states coffers, so yeah, i really understand why the Brits had enough.

refugees should be made comfortable and safe as close to the war zone as is safe, its way cheaper and makes way more sense over all. every dollar spent over there on making the refugees safe and sound, would cost a 100 dollars worth of support locally.

Spaventa

Veteran
Mikell gets his opinions from the likes of Anderson Cooper and has no clue about Brexit or much at all. He is always with the majority when the questions get complex and as we all know, the majority get the easiest questions right but usually get the hardest questions wrong.
This is no exception. The EU and its supporters have done a lot to obfuscate and deceive and with countless lies have made a simple question difficult for most people to understand. Leaving the EU is hugely beneficial for Britain and terrible for the EU - thats the only reason there has been obstacles placed in the way ever since the vote to leave. The vote to leave was about independence, legal jurisdiction, trade outside of the EU, immigration policy, nothing to do with Mikells' inferiority complex or tea.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah....us Brits voted for Brexit, but I VERY much doubt if we will actually get it since that is not what the globalists wanted...

We will probably get some 'weak sauce' version of something dressed up to look a bit like Brexit, just to try and appease the natives...

The House of Lords in all their senility are trying their best to block a proper hard Brexit, since they are just about all linked to corporations that benefit more from having Brussels dictate British law......than them having to make it thru Parliament.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You think more will "trickle" down to the workers if it goes to tax? now THATS funny :tiphat:
You think if Trump makes the bosses poorer, they will treat workers better? lol good one :)

"trickle-down" economics has been for a LONG time to be BS. bosses treat workers the same regardless of their tax levels...shitty. when rich people get to keep more money, do you really think that they go..."hmmm. should i give my workers a much deserved raise, or buy that new car my wife wants?" "hey, honey!" "yes dear?" "what color do you want that Porsche to be?" :laughing: how naive can you get...:biggrin:

Spaventa

Veteran
"trickle-down" economics has been for a LONG time to be BS. bosses treat workers the same regardless of their tax levels...shitty. when rich people get to keep more money, do you really think that they go..."hmmm. should i give my workers a much deserved raise, or buy that new car my wife wants?" "hey, honey!" "yes dear?" "what color do you want that Porsche to be?" :laughing: how naive can you get...:biggrin:

and therefore its better to give it to tax so it can go to Israel or Iran? You think you will have a better chance of a pay rise that way?

Does it not occur to you that the wife will still get the porsche? ..either way or he don't none at home... only rather than a tax cut from the Donald paying for it, it will be a pay cut/redundancy for you that pays for it. You think your boss will choose to give you a pay rise over pussy? You think your boss will choose to keep you on over pussy? he can crack the whip harder, get rid of you, buy the porsche with your salary and get sucked every morning.
and you think Im naive? REALLY??? :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
and therefore its better to give it to tax so it can go to Israel or Iran? You think you will have a better chance of a pay rise that way?

Does it not occur to you that the wife will still get the porsche? ..either way or he don't none at home... only rather than a tax cut from the Donald paying for it, it will be a pay cut/redundancy for you that pays for it. You think your boss will choose to give you a pay rise over pussy? You think your boss will choose to keep you on over pussy? he can crack the whip harder, get rid of you, buy the porsche with your salary and get sucked every morning.
and you think Im naive? REALLY??? :)

i'm not getting a raise either damn way. i see my check every week. no raises. no, i don't think you are naive. i KNOW you are, and you keep coming back & proving it to everyone else...:laughing:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Better a system that can be fixed than no system at all.

The strength of the EU is bringing together a multitude of voices into one. Europe has no strength when everyone goes their own way.

Further integration, not disintigration, is the answer.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i love these stoner threads that just flow from one thing to the next, as topics are touched on and expounded on. we came a long way from the thread beginnings.

not fond of mems on the whole, but this cartoon is funny and true.

Attachments

• uniteB&W.jpg
    uniteB&W.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 9

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So should we let THE BORG consume us all?.....and become some vassal state to unelected imperialism via Brussels?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Better a system that can be fixed than no system at all.

The strength of the EU is bringing together a multitude of voices into one. Europe has no strength when everyone goes their own way.

Further integration, not disintigration, is the answer.

it's no strength at all when you have 1 voice being dictated to all the states, strength is having your own foreign policy and only agreeing with the other countries when you actually agree. now instead of having to build a concensus, all the happens is Brussels dictates what the eu foreign policy will be, they implement sanctions and the member states can just like it or lump it. EU beurocrats mostly just do what they are told by uncle Sams deep state. so forgive me if i don't see a european empire as some kind of good thing, specially not with Germany taking the head role. i think millions died to stop that shit last time and here we are saying what a great idea it is to have even closer political union.

but the worst part is the huge amount of waste and corruption that having a whole separate governmental agency in Brussels means, do you know how much is paid in kushy jobs for worthless beurocrats in the eu system? then they sit there declaring new laws (benefitting their bribers in the corporate world)for all their member states, no matter if 90% want said laws or not, all they are and have been focused on ever since they were initially financed was how to increase their financing and power at the expense of the member states wealth and sovereign power. right from the beginning the eu was set up to be anti democratic, real power is in the non elected offices who answer to no one. so yeah, fuck the eu and the horse it rode in on. with any luck the whole gang of millions of lazy corrupt beurocrats sucking off the european common man tit will be chucked out and made to find honest work.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The whole Brexit argument is not dissimilar to the 'states-rights' issues they have in the USA.....But here in Europe we are talking about national sovereignty since many of us do not identify as being part of some United States of Europe, where we are all governed from Belgium by a parliament that we didn't elect, that makes laws that we don't want nor understand.

Latest posts

Latest posts