What's new

Grapefruit Diesel S1 Seed Project

Firebrand

I have 5 nice female GFD examples to work with. The intent of this project is to create feminized seed stock. The project is now in its 7th week and still in veg. The flip will occur in 7 days, treatment of the plant selected to be reversed will start tomorrow, colloidal silver (CS) will be used to induce the reversal.

I have many photos and I will be posting them very soon.

I have also submitted entry into the "First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest". While it may be true that I have grown for many years, I have never deliberately tried to create S1 seeds using CS, this truly will be a new experience for me.

I hope that many of you ride along.

~Regards, Firebrand~

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Firebrand

In the beginning, there was seed, dirt, container, light and moisture...

I started with 10, in the first photo the 10 on the left side are GFD.

These photos are dated April 30th, 2014.

Firebrand

Transplanted and Low Stress Training (LST) started June 1st, these photos are dated June 6th. As I stressed these plants they showed sex, I was delighted to find 6 females and 4 males, the smallest of the females went outdoors.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I'll keep watching having done the colloidal silver process in the past. It does work. Have a look at my thread on it below in the sig.
Good luck.

Firebrand

I'm getting current with this project with this post. Today I selected my reversal candidate, #1 will hopefully be reversed. Further, I have decided to cull one more, so the project will involve only four plants.

The first photo is #1, beside it are a small bottle of CS (240ppm) and a jug of distilled water. The CS has been cut with the distilled water, the CS is now approximately 120ppm. I know that 120ppm seems a little high but I will only be treating the candidate once every day.

The next two photos are the other three expressions of the GFD that will be used in this project.

I love what you got going on....

I love what you got going on....

Firebrand I think your project is awesome. The growth on your plants is looking real good. They are nice and healthy. So your ultimate goal is to create feminized seeds? That's pretty cool I've never seen that process done before and am very interested. I'm really glad you entered the contest and I will be following your thread. very creative, great idea and Good luck.

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

Firebrand

Firebrand I think your project is awesome. The growth on your plants is looking real good. They are nice and healthy. So your ultimate goal is to create feminized seeds? That's pretty cool I've never seen that process done before and am very interested. I'm really glad you entered the contest and I will be following your thread. very creative, great idea and Good luck.

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

Thank you for the kind words and show of support, I'm pleased to have you on board.

S

sourpuss

Looking good, whats the motivation? Personal seed stock or you got some killer genes you gotta share or your just trying out the cs thing? Good luck with the nebie grow contest, id be entering myself if I could.... u prob have an edge since I assume a lot of them will actually b newbies..

Someth8ng that may help you, when you post your pics in the top right co4ner there is a drop down menu and the threads look way better if you choose original size. Makes for a better threaf and ability to put a story together.

Have a look at my itchy nutsack thread:) just type itchy nutsack in the search...

Firebrand

Looking good, whats the motivation? Personal seed stock or you got some killer genes you gotta share or your just trying out the cs thing? Good luck with the nebie grow contest, id be entering myself if I could.... u prob have an edge since I assume a lot of them will actually b newbies..

Someth8ng that may help you, when you post your pics in the top right co4ner there is a drop down menu and the threads look way better if you choose original size. Makes for a better threaf and ability to put a story together.

Have a look at my itchy nutsack thread:) just type itchy nutsack in the search...

I'm doing this for personal use, I struggle with cuttings when ambient temps are less than ideal, too hot or too cold, I have no climate control for the cutting development area. This strain is a known good strain and these seeds will get me through when I can't get rooted cuttings.

how will you be administering the cs as far as scheduling and frequency?
tiphat.gif

I will treat them once a day during the two hour on period, If that sounds confusing please let me explain. I use a pattern of 12on/5off/2on/5off for my veg cycles with established plants, the total light they receive is 14 hours a day. I have found that growth rates are similar to the 18on/6off pattern. I save 4 hours of energy and the difference in growth rates is minimal.

Last edited:

Firebrand

interesting never heard that one , how di you come upon this method?

Actually it was suggested by someone at another forum and several members there did the homework, me included. The consensus was approval.

There's funny story behind this.

I have an issue of HighTimes that describes using this pattern as a method of creating female seeds, claiming that the pattern causes stress that will induce the growth of female pollen sacks. When I read the thread at the other forum about using the pattern for veg I spoke up, those guys laughed, they were in the know, they explained that they were using this pattern had no noticeable stress issues. They urged me to try it, and the rest as they say is history.