What's new

3000W SCROG inspired by the "Doc"

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey everyone. This is not only my first grow journal but my very first grow:woohoo: wife and I just got our license to grow our own medicine. We probably won't even use half of our plant count for what we need!!!! That is if I can actually grow something!!! Hahahaha! :laughing:

Took some pics of what I've been working on for the past month. Was definitely more work and money than I thought it would be. But like I've always thought. If something is worth doing, its worth over doing!!!!:good:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Apparently this forum is complete chinese to me when it comes to posting pics??? I've posted pics on a hundred other forums with ZERO issues!!! here, nothing!!!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking good! can't wait to see more. :lurk:

good luck! :wave:

and btw, you can also use albums to store your pics. just go to USER MENU > MY ALBUMS, then create an album, upload pics to it, and while typing a post (in advanced mode, not quick reply mode) click insert pictures, select the one you want, then post it..

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Here is my electric board with breaker panel, switches, Can-Trol Speed Controller for Fan, transformers. Everything for my grow room. Also a pic of my room controller, the Iponic 600 witch is BAD ASS!!

Then there is a pic of the intake air air filter from the lung room, and then a pic of where I have my two motorized dampers where my controller can select from drawing air from inside the lung room to maintain 73 degrees at lights off(fan is running at 60% power), then once lights come on and temps rise to 83 degrees the lung room damper closes and outside air damper opens up allowing fresh air to enter the flower room(fan still running at 60%). If temps continue to rise to 85 degrees the exhaust motor goes to 100% power. I've done a 4 day test run with lights on and everything running and with these current outside temps the room isn't even close to wanting 100% power from the exhaust fan!!! Actually the room temps hit 83, room starts drawing air from outside. Take about 15-20 minutes and the room cools off to 81. Damper flips back to inside air a and it take another 10-15 minute to creep back up to 83 degrees. System worked flawlessy for the 4 days I ran. Room staying within 2-3 degrees for the full 12 hours. Once lights turn off I have it set the exhaust fan turns off and at that point the circulating fans and dehumidifier will take over. Room never gets cooler than 74 degrees

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Looking good! can't wait to see more. :lurk:

good luck! :wave:

and btw, you can also use albums to store your pics. just go to USER MENU > MY ALBUMS, then create an album, upload pics to it, and while typing a post (in advanced mode, not quick reply mode) click insert pictures, select the one you want, then post it..

Oh, ok. Thanks. Will do that in the future:tiphat:

Penguin59

This setup is looking amazing mang! Great to hear that you're in a state that is canna-friendly and that you have the freedom to pursue any avenue you need to to get the best possible setup going. 3000w lung room with SCROG, count me in!

Oh the things I would do if I didn't live in Oz!

gtgio

Damn, that's quite a first setup. Looks like you've got everything under control though, and with all the people here to help I bet this'll go smoothly for ya :]

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So, first two pics here you can see my Veg room where I have my Sunblaster T5Ho lights hung. Only thing I have left to do there is place my tables under the lights. This will also transform into my drying room at the end of flower.

Then you see some pics of my flower room. Can Filter 150 Filter, Max Can Fan 10" and Can Filter Muffler. Unit runs whisper quite with that bad boy!!:biggrin: You can also see my two SCROG tables I built. Both are 5x8 for a total of a 5x16 SCROG table. Just waiting on my adjustable ropes to show up so I can get them hung up and off the floor. Also you can see is my three Gavita 1000W lights. Very nice units!!!

On the other side is where the intake air comes in from. That will also be where I keep my two water/nutrient barrels as well as dehumidifier(looking into getting the Santa Fe Compact) as well as Humidifier witch will probably be the Hydrofogger large unless I can find something better??

For reflective material I went with the Orca Grow film witch is VERY high quality. Pretty much impossible to tear!! There tape on the other is absolute garbage, doesn't stick to the grow film what so ever!!!! Pretty much wasted $100 on Orca Tape and ended up having to go with good old Tuck Tape!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Damn, that's quite a first setup. Looks like you've got everything under control though, and with all the people here to help I bet this'll go smoothly for ya :]

Thanks guys!! It was a TON of work setting up, and couldn't have done it without DrFever's help and knowledge!!!:thank you:

Man has been a wealth of knowledge for me. Between him and everyone else on IC I'm hoping for a fairly smooth first grow:biggrin:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
awesome looking room for your first time growing....already looks professional. what is your plan for genetics, going from clones or seed?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Purple Kush from clone. Also going to order up some PPP seeds and give them a shot seeing as the Doc speaks so highly of that genetic:tiphat:

vukman

Veteran
Purple Kush from clone. Also going to order up some PPP seeds and give them a shot seeing as the Doc speaks so highly of that genetic:tiphat:
You go brother...go go go..!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Ya need anything....just give a shout...:D

One thing though.. What's with the major hoist in the first picture? Is that if the SCROG gets too heavy to lift by hand??? ahahahhaha.....gotta start in on you now to ya know..;)

Nice though man... looks like you have the room and obviously the $$ to do it up right!! Very nice....although..wait til ya see my DIY HML do what it does...might change your mind on those Gavita's in the middle of summer..heheh...;)

DrFever

Veteran
Thanks guys!! It was a TON of work setting up, and couldn't have done it without DrFever's help and knowledge!!!:thank you:

Man has been a wealth of knowledge for me. Between him and everyone else on IC I'm hoping for a fairly smooth first grow:biggrin:

Thank-you LED
I am more then happy to be a part of your first grow, specially on your first set up of room and grow , from the few students i have took under my wing , you sir get the AA+
just get ready for second part where i pm you test questions lol

PS: Saw a couple issues nothing major, i will address with you via PM
and beautiful set.like i wouldn't of known :biggrin::laughing:
your well on your way to over 1 GPW for first grow

vukman

Veteran
LED my friend... I was happy that I grew anything my first time around!!!!! I'm sure if you read through some of the threads, which I know you have, that you see some of the issues that a lot of people have with their first grow.

You are well on your way to having a great set up there.........now after all that is done comes the real work........and that is making sure that the growing medium is right. 9/10ths of the success within the first week or so comes from a good solid growing base. With that I mean the soil/Coco/hydro solution..etc..etc....If the plants don't root properly...all that work there giving them a happy and clean home will be for naught.

I'm sure that will not be the case with you since it appears that you have a good teacher.......but don't tell him I said that....fucking guy already has a swelled head!! ROFL!!!;)...ahahahha

Good Luck

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So here is my babies....:huggg:

Lifted my hoist and hung three 4ft Sunblasters from it. Have to keep them out there for another day or two until I finish cleaning up and getting my room ready for them:woohoo:

Also in a few days will be transfering into 5 gallon totes, very exciting times. Will get more pics once that happens.

I truly can't believe how much these little girls absolutely STINK(in a good way) already!!!!!:nono: I have my scrubber running in there plus I hooked up my Vaportek on a setting of 2 and when you first walk in you can smell whats up!!!:laughing: From outside nothing, but inside there is no doubt!!! Be nice to get them into there proper room!!!!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged, nice looking newbie, plants look happy and for sure that room is going to do the trick.... ill be lurking

Lookin clean LED! So no AC? IMO, I'd have put the control board in the veg room vs in your shop. Hopefully no one pokes around too hard. Def lookin forward to seeing your room get under way!

Latest posts

Latest posts