What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Price of Cali weed in New York?

Gubar1

Whats weed from California going for in NYC/East Coast these days? Is the price hike as true as the media makes it out to be? Is the quality of cannabis out there up to par with Cali?

RonSmooth

Veteran
The difference in price is due to the flooded markets in CA driving the price down. You can produce the highest quality stuff anywhere. It is just a matter of meeting the demand.

IME $300-$400/oz on the retail market is common on the east coast.

Snype

Veteran
Whats weed from California going for in NYC/East Coast these days? Is the price hike as true as the media makes it out to be? Is the quality of cannabis out there up to par with Cali?

Most of the cali outdoor that comes out here is trash. Pounds can cost low as 3k.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Most of the cali outdoor that comes out here is trash. Pounds can cost low as 3k.

Ive seed cali outdoor go for 1500 around here and it wasnt as good as ive seen produced outdoor here in So. OR , I was getin bows of semi dank outdoor here for as low as 600 and it was fairly decent for outdoor (since growing indoor I dont care for the outdoor funk)

A

AlterEgo860

support local growers and buy good weed.. FUCK CALI And COLORADO GROWN.. I respect the strains and the GOOD WEED that STAYS THERE... but wen ur risking the transportation here.. you are going to sell the best of the best In ur state for as high a price ucan.. the rest of the shit that don't sell is sent out here.

charged an arm and leg.. and then u get some cRAPPY BUDS FOR HEADY PRICES..

support locally grown organics.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
support local growers and buy good weed.. FUCK CALI And COLORADO GROWN.. I respect the strains and the GOOD WEED that STAYS THERE... but wen ur risking the transportation here.. you are going to sell the best of the best In ur state for as high a price ucan.. the rest of the shit that don't sell is sent out here.

charged an arm and leg.. and then u get some cRAPPY BUDS FOR HEADY PRICES..

support locally grown organics.

wow somebody else understands this!

I always tell people... if it ACTUALLY is from Cali or CO, it means it is shit.. and they couldn't sell it there...

I agree 100% bro...

subZ-ro

I always tell people... if it ACTUALLY is from Cali or CO, it means it is shit.. and they couldn't sell it there...

ACTUALLY, it means someone from your area came and bought it here and took it there....

Also remember that everyone has a choice when shopping for things and if your guy bought shitty weed, it is because he chose to do so to make more money off someone he thinks doesnt know any better. Its a messed up game but if you took all the risk with your own personal funds and you are turning the same profit per pound, then you are gonna buy as many cheaper lbs as you can versus a few really nice ones, ie. you brought 25k are you gonna buy 25 for 1k each and double your money or buy 10 nicer things and only make 10k, simple economics.

Gubar1

wow somebody else understands this!

I agree 100% bro...

I dont find this to be the case, the market is so flooded in cali that people will only pay 1800-2200 a lb, no matter how good it is. Most growers don't want to be screwed like that, especially after putting there heart and soul into their grow. So people are starting to look elsewhere to sell there weed. Less flooded markets with higher demand. Its simple business.

A

AlterEgo860

ACTUALLY, it means someone from your area came and bought it here and took it there....

Also remember that everyone has a choice when shopping for things and if your guy bought shitty weed, it is because he chose to do so to make more money off someone he thinks doesnt know any better. Its a messed up game but if you took all the risk with your own personal funds and you are turning the same profit per pound, then you are gonna buy as many cheaper lbs as you can versus a few really nice ones, ie. you brought 25k are you gonna buy 25 for 1k each and double your money or buy 10 nicer things and only make 10k, simple economics.

actually I know the guys that do this on a monthly basis moving 100 lbs at a time.. u grab the cheapest buds that look decent .. and sell them as headys..

dude put it this way.. 2 harvests ago I ran out.. and was lookin for buds. .. to be exact I was looking for an LB to last me til harvest.. well anyways. I used to sell buds by the 10 pack .. only.. maybe afew lbs to a friend that smoked.. but it was mainly to suppliers.. . so I know a good 50 people that push Maine Grown... Cali Grown.. Colorado Grown.. RI GROWN.. and I tried over 30 different KINDS.. bought a half oz.. from EACH PERSON I could find.. hoping to find a kind I liked and got me as high as my nugs.. well after smoking half oz after half oz.. I found 1 strain.. that was sold to me.. by a kid.. that grew it.. and man it was the only bud that was trimmed nicely smelled nice.. and smoked good... man.. no1 these days comes back from CALI with QUALITY. wats the point.. go to cali and pay 600 a LB and come back n sell it for 2200-2500 ALLDAY.. or buy good bud for 2200 and come and sell it for 4000.. NOOONE DOES IT .

and don't get me wrong. ive had people selling CALI TOPSHELF. but still wasn't even close to the quality I expect from a STATE that's been doing it for over 10 years. come on!

ITS NOT worth it the risk and everything associated with moving buds from cali to EASTCOAST.. is just retarded.. no1 wants to send the best of the best.. why? I know dudes that say they wont send the best of the best because.. if it gets snagged by USPS. UPS. FEDEX. or the load gets pulled over on the way over to the EAST.. they lose shit they could have sold in state for CASH . not to mention.. there so many states around CALI that it would be easier to get there. and u can make the same amount of cash if its the REAL TOPSHELF.

A

AlterEgo860

DUDE CALI WEED IS OVER RATED PERIOD.. ILL TAKE COLORADO GROWN OVER CALI ANYDAY OF THE FUCKING WEEK.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Lmao at all the haters of "cali weed" saying its garbage. lol...Fuck outta here...Mexico has a lot of good weed, but we'll never see it...Why?! Because they know they can make money off americans selling bullshit, and we're gonna buy it ragardless! It's a very simple business model..Its about $$$$$$$, and the average smoker doesnt care about strains names etc...They just wanna smoke sumn that gets them high...Cali, Mexico, and Canada will always have a market on american soil due to price & availability!!

OP

The stuff I get is straight from Cali an nothing local can fuck with it honestly there is stuff that will get you just as high that's local compared to Cali bud but then it lacks in taste or density. Plus the Cali connect gets Wax an no one else local seems to be producing any I've seen I mean a few head stash batches nothing where you could buy an .oz or anything..

A

AlterEgo860

dude im not saying ALL CALI WEED IS BAD.. but 99 percent that is making its way to the EAST COAST IS GARBAGE.. the only people bringing good weed around are GOOD GROWERS THAT TRAVEL WITH SHOWS OR FESTIVALS . or the MUSICIANS THEMSELVES.. or the select few people who actually get decent prices on the REAL GENETICS and not the shit being grown on some1 elses property guerilla style by some dudes who moved from the east coast to cali .. to grow in the woods and eat top ramen .. just to send it back east to make a killer profit.. but its grown outdoors by shity people. then its dried and trimmed outdoors.. and sold. .so ya. most of the bud brought to the east is shit.. compared to the bud GROWN HERE. not saying WESTCOAST BUD isn't better then EAST.. just saying.. why would growers send out there best smoke ? especially because the BEST GROWERS are USUALLY BIGTIME SMOKERS.. so "HEADSTASH" isn't being SENT TO EAST COAST!. the EAST COAST GARDEN SPECIFICLY GROWN FOR PROFIT or what we call a CASH CROP. that's wats sent to the EAST.. u aren't going to grow 100 plants outdoors of a strain that produces a LB of the FINEST.. when u can grow 100 plants of strains that are GREAT quality compared to Mexican crap.. but yield a good 4-10 LBS a plant..

its a business.. and the guys that are doing it big.. go FOR YIELD and BAG APPEAL.. the could careless if its testing at 12% or 14.. or 22 to 28 they don't care. its about making the most money u can and spending as little as possible to produce that..

dude don't get me wrong. ive had friends come from cali.. and Colorado that NEW GREAT GROWERS that grew a decent amount but there headsmoke was dif then there shit they sold....

but not in 100-200 light warehouses were yield is a big part of strain selection.. they will have mediocre smoke. and even to some people THERE BUD will be AMAZING AND THEY WILL BRAG THAT ITS THE BEST.. and all this shit.. but take that bud to a dude who is producing strictly to smoke n has great genetics and perfect environment and soil mix is topnotch .. and the warehouse bud wont even be in the same category anymore.

and the cali and Colorado and maine.. bud was fantastic. just like the buds grown here.. its not about WERE it is GROWN.. but by WHO. when u see the guy from Microsoft.. talking about growing a Product that's going to compete with the FINEST BUDS on the market.. and how hes going to fuck all of the cali growers in the ass.. and this dude smokes a joint here and there.. been smoking fro a few years.. u think hes going to be producing smoke that's as good as the Old Hippie's Sons Buds? kuz I know many dudes from 20-40 years old that learned everything from there parents.. and have come to completely destroy there parents quality and quantity .. and even the techniques studied by individual growers.. doing work for the community and posting it in forums.. whose bud are u going to chose? MR . MICROSOFT.. whose bud will be dense have crystals.. but proly grown with fuckin Miracle Grow NUTES.. and NOT FLUSHED or EVEN GROWN TO FULL MATURITY.. or even dried or cured properly or maybe even machine trimmed..or the dude who uses an Organic Soil Mix that's so Living his Pots are Literally MOVING .. with worms and bennes and that pulls at full maturity. who has been trimming by hand to perfection.. and then cured before even considers to sell.. ?

of course the cali connect gets wax.. and like I said. its the stuff that they cant sell to dispensaries or medical patients HALF THE TIME FILLEd with contaminents.. and using the BUDROT or MOLDing PLANTS.. that they are trying to salvage.. if u haven't seen that nice OILLY SUBSTANCE that comes out of the cleanest BUTANE that only is removed by an EXPENSIVE SYSTEM.. then ya keep dabbing that cali oil lol..
if u don't believe me.. do the test yourself.. that's wat got me to not even consider using butane until I had the equipment ness to produce a substance that isn't going to do more harm then good.

SORRY FOR THE RANT... but I did a good search for good cali bud and ive been going to shows for the last 10 years .. meeting tons of cool people.. and wen it came down to it.. the best cali bud I found.. was the same price if not more because of all the middlemen involved in getting it here and getting it sold.. then the shit grown here..
the people know what they can get for bud here.. because instead of people keeping it quite.. everyones like DUDE I GOT BUDS FOR 4500 a LB. then the guy that has been growing it himself that's selling better quality for 3500.. says fuck this.. 4400 for an LB now. take it or leave it . LOL...

R

Raw_Dog

Never measure a state by your connection. Cali has great growers, period, so does every other state. It doesn't take 20 years to master your skills as a grower just be someone who is intelligent enough to seek the information that it takes to produce a high grade product, that could happen on your first rip.

After 3 years of overpriced cali meds I would jump all over some nice mean green or sexi mexi! I'd even take some canuks and make mad butter.

When I look around the disc golf course or look on youtube I see these fucking teenagers with their bro-step blasting ripping dabz all day. (Its funny cause I just shockedmyself with the old man ish!)
But I am getting old, my college degree garaunteed me a life of manual labor but I like what I do. At the end of the day cannabis helps me relieve muscle tension and stress and GODDAMMIT anything over 200 azip per 25-35 days is not fucking happening

So fuck you whippersnappers fucking the game up educate yourselves and for the love of Ganj get off this GH HG band wagon and fuck the Cartels too.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran

dude idk who you are and I have no problem with you but when you try to tell me what ACTUALLY happens... you should think twice before doing so again...

because ACTUALLY, no one fucking goes to cali to get weed... people go to cali to grow weed and set up a whole organization/network and ship it all back to the east coast to make the most money and keep the nice shit for headstash in cali...

who the fuck is stupid enough to go to cali to pick up and come back with it? 25 lbs too?

I understand economics buddy but your not even talking the same language as me right now...

might want to re evaluate your argument..

:tiphat:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
dude idk who you are and I have no problem with you but when you try to tell me what ACTUALLY happens... you should think twice before doing so again...

because ACTUALLY, no one fucking goes to cali to get weed... people go to cali to grow weed and set up a whole organization/network and ship it all back to the east coast to make the most money and keep the nice shit for headstash in cali...

who the fuck is stupid enough to go to cali to pick up and come back with it? 25 lbs too?

I understand economics buddy but your not even talking the same language as me right now...

might want to re evaluate your argument..

:tiphat:

^^Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens-Jimi Hendrix

OP

Latest posts

Latest posts