What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Want MORE CRYSTALS!!!

Yea so u all know the more THC or crystals on the buds makes it stronger. Hope thats right ;). Anways, so why the fuk haven't anyone created some kind of chemical that makes marijuana seeds produce 10x more crystals. That way prices will go way down and we could get even more baked!! yesss me likey that way :D

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Hmmm well I think you have to grow Hard Mode..the rest will follow

Tokage

Yea so u all know the more THC or crystals on the buds makes it stronger. Hope thats right ;). Anways, so why the fuk haven't anyone created some kind of chemical that makes marijuana seeds produce 10x more crystals. That way prices will go way down and we could get even more baked!! yesss me likey that way :D

it´s called molasses and will do that for you :dance013:

Green Sky

Nice Thread!! Hot Topic..

Are there ways to add UV radiation to up the THC levels?

OR more Lumens per plant to increase the need for THC sun- protection?

Last edited:

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
so why the fuk haven't anyone created some kind of chemical that makes marijuana seeds produce 10x more crystals. That way prices will go way down and we could get even more baked!! yesss me likey that way :D

cuz it's gonna be a scientist that does this, and they'll be working for the man'd

Homebrewer

Veteran

Quality genetics that are grown well should be plenty resinous on their own without any help (seen below). That being said, I've encountered many products that have increased resin production but personally never noticed an increase in potency. In blind side-by-side tests using the same cloned strain, none of my testers could ever tell the difference between a more or less resinous flower (the more resinous flower was 'product-induced').

Unfortunately, 'weed snobs' and patients alike prefer more resin even though some of my best strains with the best highs and most potent effects aren't all that impressive to look at. So my approach to these products these days is that if they're easy to use and inexpensive, then they can be worth the aesthetic benefits.

Taken today (this strain needs no help with resin production):

A slight crop of the previous pic:

sso

Veteran
kinda interesting though, that the most rocketfuel sativas, have no visible trichomes to speak of.

smoking one right now, pretty darned stoned, dont remember seeing any crystals on the buds.

really tho..if i had a couple tokes of what u guys are growen. i'd be either toes up or rdy to go go :D Besides even if we had a strain now that was 50% thc, and we then smoked 3 times as much of the Fire these days..it would probably turn out tied

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
BOG's Sour LSD

picture.php

The next one coming out is even frostier...

señorsloth

Veteran
Yea so u all know the more THC or crystals on the buds makes it stronger. Hope thats right
not true at all, have you ever seen hemp? it frickin sparkles with sweet, bubblegum smelling trichomes, yet doesn't get you high at all, i have a sativa from sams haze/skunk mix, thats stronger than all the others and has very few trichomes, and of my 3 chemdog ibl pheno's i have one thats got more triches than any plant ive ever seen on this site, yet is not nearly as strong as my least "white" chemdog.

i'm not exactly sure whats going on with that, except that trichomes often form without globular heads, they are just the stem part, and while the head is mostly active ingredients, the stems of the trichomes don't have thc. some strains like white widow have been reported to be ultra white, but not as potent as the trichome coverage would belie... this is because they have lots and lots of trichome stalks, but not very many globular heads,of course that's dependent on the individual pheno, some ww rocks...

i'm assuming that's why hemp is so white, lots of stalks, no heads.

also fyi thc% is done by weight, you simply can't have a plant thats half sugar, it's physically impossible, if you look at strains that sometimes test in the 20% mark they are so ridiculously white that it doesn't seem real, there is no way to ever get that kind of thc...not with breeding and i don't think developing chemicals to add to things that we smoke is a direction we want to go, this isn't marlboromag.com...maybe we should soak it in acetone and add freebased nicotine and formaldehyde too? that would certainly get you higher...thats all that matters right? overusing a therapeutic medicine till it stops working and your English skills descend to that of an 8 year old?*hint, hint*just because faceless evil corporations like cig companies do it doesn't mean it's right or that we should wish to emulate them.

really tho..if i had a couple tokes of what u guys are growen. i'd be either toes up or rdy to go go
lol and if you have never even smoked home grown, let alone tried growing...maybe suggesting half-assed, illogical theory's about growing isn't quite your niche?...keep tryin though you will find it...

sso

Veteran
not true at all, have you ever seen hemp? it frickin sparkles with sweet, bubblegum smelling trichomes, yet doesn't get you high at all, i have a sativa from sams haze/skunk mix, thats stronger than all the others and has very few trichomes, and of my 3 chemdog ibl pheno's i have one thats got more triches than any plant ive ever seen on this site, yet is not nearly as strong as my least "white" chemdog.

i'm not exactly sure whats going on with that, except that trichomes often form without globular heads, they are just the stem part, and while the head is mostly active ingredients, the stems of the trichomes don't have thc. some strains like white widow have been reported to be ultra white, but not as potent as the trichome coverage would belie... this is because they have lots and lots of trichome stalks, but not very many globular heads,of course that's dependent on the individual pheno, some ww rocks...

i'm assuming that's why hemp is so white, lots of stalks, no heads.

also fyi thc% is done by weight, you simply can't have a plant thats half sugar, it's physically impossible, if you look at strains that sometimes test in the 20% mark they are so ridiculously white that it doesn't seem real, there is no way to ever get that kind of thc...not with breeding and i don't think developing chemicals to add to things that we smoke is a direction we want to go, this isn't marlboromag.com...maybe we should soak it in acetone and add freebased nicotine and formaldehyde too? that would certainly get you higher...thats all that matters right? overusing a therapeutic medicine till it stops working and your English skills descend to that of an 8 year old?*hint, hint*just because faceless evil corporations like cig companies do it doesn't mean it's right or that we should wish to emulate them.

lol and if you have never even smoked home grown, let alone tried growing...maybe suggesting half-assed, illogical theory's about growing isn't quite your niche?...keep tryin though you will find it...

they test thc no longer from all the plantmatter, (the way the used to in the 60´s)

meaning, they used to just take all the sample, stems and all and test it for thc.

now they isolate the cannabinoids and test the total thc out of that.

so of course the numbers are gonna go way up.

the way i read it, actually some of the more potent strains of the 60´s should actually fairly easily beat the most potent strains of today (tropical grown sativas versus indoors indica hybrids)

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I just finished the fifth high intensity UVB test. The reference level was 10,023' on Mt. Haleakala in Hawaii during end of May. That level killed the plants. 200 microwatts (4000' equivalent)still stunts the plant, but it smokes much differently.
The indica (Northern Lights) increased its sedative effect to where three tokes will put me to sleep within an hour, the control plant did not do this.
The sativa (bagseed) went creeper on me, three quick tokes and I am TREMENDOUSLY high within the hour. The control plant did not do this.
The actual UVB protection shows up on the bottom of the leaves, leaveing behind a residue when dried, I have smoked this concentrated residue, this is not where the good stuff comes from.

Neither plant increased THC, I do extracts, these plants had an increase of chemical groups not related to THC, 8% THC and related oils, same as the control, I am assuming polar chemicals are doing the work on the high. I do not have equipment to test for them, way too many to separate.

But back to the subject, the trichomes did increase in number with UVB, almost 20%. The trichomes were thin pitiful growths, with all the added numbers, the weight came in 30% less. Like arm hairs versus beard hairs, no substance.

Good results without extra frosty, I still like it.

Last edited:
Humbolt countys own PURPLE MAXX... Its the best product that i have used (next to gravity). Some say that its not healthy, but what is these days? I find it wierd that the people who rant bout purple maxx, gravity and bush master dont seem to care about the other issues in the world like chem trails and pink slime in public school lunches. lol

Double F

because we can choose to not eat pink slime burgers. id rather not smoke bud grown with gravity and other PGRs unless i know its been flushed throuroughly. but i know many commercial croppers here in oakland and have smoked unflushed gravity purple maxx bud and it tastes terrible. same grower a few crops later started flushing and using other bloom boosters and his nug is much smoother and better tasting..

for frost its about STRAIN and proper nutrient feeding, knowing when to feed and when to back off. some of my frostiest bud has some from plants that i have fed with low PPMs.

TLoft13

I just finished the fifth high intensity UVB test. The reference level was 10,023' on Mt. Haleakala in Hawaii during end of May. That level killed the plants. 200 microwatts (4000' equivalent)still stunts the plant, but it smokes much differently.
The indica (Northern Lights) increased its sedative effect to where three tokes will put me to sleep within an hour, the control plant did not do this.
The sativa (bagseed) went creeper on me, three quick tokes and I am TREMENDOUSLY high within the hour. The control plant did not do this.
The actual UVB protection shows up on the bottom of the leaves, leaveing behind a residue when dried, I have smoked this concentrated residue, this is not where the good stuff comes from.

Neither plant increased THC, I do extracts, these plants had an increase of chemical groups not related to THC, 8% THC and related oils, same as the control, I am assuming polar chemicals are doing the work on the high. I do not have equipment to test for them, way too many to separate.

But back to the subject, the trichomes did increase in number with UVB, almost 20%. The trichomes were thin pitiful growths, with all the added numbers, the weight came in 30% less. Like arm hairs versus beard hairs, no substance.

Good results without extra frosty, I still like it.
I would like to know more. You gave them these high UVB levels all during the day cycle, for the whole flowertime?