What's new

Tiny "White Balls" in my coco, smells like mycelium

I recently noticed these tiny white balls, in my coco. I noticed it poking out of the coco, then poked around and removed the root ball from the pot, I noticed this stuff has taken over the entire exposed root area. it doesnt smell bad, actually smells exactly like mycelium.

The plant is a OG 18, its really sensitive, and ive had issues with it in the past, leaf waffle, sensitivity to nutrients etc. but now strangely its fairly healthy, considering the white fungus??? that is taking over the roots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plant is under 1000w HPS in veg, 1.6 gal pot, tall plant 5ft, been feeding light regime of PBP Grow (5-700ppm, occasional compost tea, silica with food every few feedings. The room is warm about 85degrees.

ive never seen that in my life, tbh i would have chucked her already just in case, you didnt do that in your grow room did ya, if it is a fungus and you started poking around there is every chance it could spread, be it a good/bad fungus

just my 2 cents bro

hb

H

h^2 O

those are spider eggs

edit: oh they're EVERYWHERE in the soil?? I guess some kind of fungus. Search Google for fungus balls or something. You'll eventually get it. Can also create an account with mycotopia or something, those guys will know for sure, probably already a thread two about it.
Sorry to hear about your trouble man.

J

jonnybgood29

actually looks like a form of microrhizah.... soprry for the spelling. dont do anything rash.do like h2o said and do a search on mycotopia before you do anything. like you said, a sensitive plant actually acting good, sound like a possible good fungus!

green punk

They are mushroom spores that have flushed and will continue to grow into mushrooms that have the same color and and will have the consistency of "peeps" the easter candy. They seem harmless. I have had them in freshly opened bags of potting soil. I planted anyway. Things were fine. Little mushrooms grew out of the drain holes in the container.

searcher

lookin good, see these all the time at the nursery on every sort of plant. they ALWAYS love each other very symbiotic. you would be wise to keep them and allow them to spread naturally

J

jonnybgood29

a lot of fungus actually makes nutes more available to plants, by breaking them down into useable forms, ie the better growth you are experiencing.

I've grown mushrooms in the past, so that knowledge provided me the experience to know what mycelium smells like, doesn't smell like mold, just that fresh smell of mycelium. I'm hoping that this is in fact beneficial mychrozae. I'll post the photo in organic soil and see if anyone can help, and hopefully not offend them with them fact I used PBP on these plants.

CaptainKrunch

i got the same thing but my plants are not happy

i got the same thing but my plants are not happy

what the heck is going on???

Attachments

• 20170202_154433.jpg
    20170202_154433.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170202_154438.jpg
    20170202_154438.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20170202_154445.jpg