What's new

Panic attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Watsup guys,

I've been smoking for 8 years, upward of 15-20 spliffs a day for most of em and i never had any problems. A month ago i overdosed on cocaine and nearly died, i was smoking alot weed with it. I took a 3 weeks break and now everytime i smoke even a little bit i have panic attacks where my arms go numb and my heart races and i cant feel my chest.

i really wanna be able to smoke again and enjoy it cuz i luv weed alot. any advice would be appreciated.
thanks yall

Molson

Take a break... like a month break...

Your body is probably still associating smoking weed w/ OD'ing on coke. I'm sure that wasn't a fun experience. Lay off the weed for a bit and let your body reset itself.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!

Your body is probably still associating smoking weed w/ OD'ing on coke. I'm sure that wasn't a fun experience. Lay off the weed for a bit and let your body reset itself

just gotta get ur tolerance back up. take it slow. one or two puffs, and work your way up.

thanks guys, those strategies make sense. I just need to chose one cuz theyre the opposite lol. tough call tho.

Maybe you're withdrawing from cocaine.

havent done it in 3 weeks and i wasnt a very big user so i wudnt think so. possible tho i dont noe much about coke.

I got similar feelings after dosing on MDMA quite heavily, and keep in mind I have only done it twice.

With that in mind, my high has never been the same since I have done that. It has gotten better, but my only advice to you is to fight with the panic attacks and keep smoking more, or to take a break for a month or two...

Hey Brother,Your not alone, I too am a recoving cocaine addict, been off the garbage for about 3 years now. have overdosed on cocain several times.
been smoking pot for about 17 years now.
I quit pot for a few years and have just started smoking again for the last two.
Have had panic attacks for the last 12 years, started with the same symtems you have.

Have takin medication for it for the last 12 years, cuz they were very bad attacts that would send me to the hospital.

So after the 2 years I was using cocaine the panic attacks CHANGED, got worse!
Cocaine fucks your body and your brain up pretty good as Im sure you know.
I wounder If I have done irreversible damage to my brain, sometimes I feel like Im dying, or my body is not getting oxygen even though I am breathing. Dr have checked my blood oxygen levels and say everything looks good!
very scary shit to have to live with. I think there is some sorta brain wave test they can do but I have not pushed the issue.
It may just be may anxiouty disorder that I was diagnost with 12 years ago.
As you get older the symtems of anxiouty change! so dont be suprized if the panic attacts take on different symtems as time goes on.

Some people are going to try telling you you can control the panic attack by "just relaxing"
That if you "could just learn to relax and control it" and the one I love the most, "its all in your head". An anxiouty attack is an actual medical condition that effects the entire body, IT IS REAL.

people who have bad anxiety dissorder often need meds to control them. If you are taking meds allready that can have an effect too.

Listen, I am no doctor and Im not trying to act like one, everything I have just stated is JUST MY OPINION based on my own experience, and what I have learned from several doctors, read online and others I know with the same problems. Im not saying any of your issues are the exact same as mine, Im just sharing what I know,
If you continue to have the attacts I would go to your Dr.
I know some smoke on its own gives me panic attacts thats why I smoke serious seeds chronic, it gives me comfort, and helps me with the axiouty.
Unfortunetly my state is not a medical state yet.
Hope that helps, keep us posted bro, Moresntoil

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!

Your body is probably still associating smoking weed w/ OD'ing on coke. I'm sure that wasn't a fun experience. Lay off the weed for a bit and let your body reset itself.

Hey Brother,Your not alone, I too am a recoving cocaine addict, been off the garbage for about 3 years now. have overdosed on cocain several times.
been smoking pot for about 17 years now.
I quit pot for a few years and have just started smoking again for the last two.
Have had panic attacks for the last 12 years, started with the same symtems you have.

Have takin medication for it for the last 12 years, cuz they were very bad attacts that would send me to the hospital.

So after the 2 years I was using cocaine the panic attacks CHANGED, got worse!
Cocaine fucks your body and your brain up pretty good as Im sure you know.
I wounder If I have done irreversible damage to my brain, sometimes I feel like Im dying, or my body is not getting oxygen even though I am breathing. Dr have checked my blood oxygen levels and say everything looks good!
very scary shit to have to live with. I think there is some sorta brain wave test they can do but I have not pushed the issue.
It may just be may anxiouty disorder that I was diagnost with 12 years ago.
As you get older the symtems of anxiouty change! so dont be suprized if the panic attacts take on different symtems as time goes on.

Some people are going to try telling you you can control the panic attack by "just relaxing"
That if you "could just learn to relax and control it" and the one I love the most, "its all in your head". An anxiouty attack is an actual medical condition that effects the entire body, IT IS REAL.

people who have bad anxiety dissorder often need meds to control them. If you are taking meds allready that can have an effect too.

Listen, I am no doctor and Im not trying to act like one, everything I have just stated is JUST MY OPINION based on my own experience, and what I have learned from several doctors, read online and others I know with the same problems. Im not saying any of your issues are the exact same as mine, Im just sharing what I know,
If you continue to have the attacts I would go to your Dr.
I know some smoke on its own gives me panic attacts thats why I smoke serious seeds chronic, it gives me comfort, and helps me with the axiouty.
Unfortunetly my state is not a medical state yet.
Hope that helps, keep us posted bro, Moresntoil

thanks for the reply bro, that sounds real bad. I've been taken anti-anxiety meds for years now and ive never had anyhting like these. its stranger cuz pot used to relax me and now it freaks me out. if this dont stop i mite need to quit for real.

Budweiser13

Ive dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for many years its your state of mind stress can cause them. I have had them so bad i have had to go to hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack. I have been prescribed xanax and I dont like it. mine come in stages of my life I have not (knock on wood) had any bad panic attacks in a while. I thought it was weed but have them even when I am not using weed I know coke can cause anxiety. My issues I believe are stress related and if you overdosed you must be having some stress. Lay off the herb for a while and see if you still have them make sure you keep stress under control and remember it does go away. Seek medical attention if needed and just try to remain calm and walk the panic attacks off and stay the fuck away form coke that shit kills...Good luck and you are not alone.:wave:

Again only my opinion- but from what I know and have learned from people axiouty has changing effects on you body with time, what you feel now may very well be caused by the cocain fucking with an already existing condition,

When I say medication Im not talking about narcotic anti anx. meds such as xanex ,Im talking about SSRI for long term use.
If you have been taking narcotic anti anxiouty meds thats a whole nother can of worms.
Not good if using cocaine and xanex afterwords, not saying thats the case but if it is I would lay off everything, get clean, and if it continues see a Dr.
Then maybe smoke a LITTLE weed like an indica and see how it goes. I take ONE hit and Im nice! anymore and I do not enjoy myself, I cant smoke like I use to!!!! Its like my brain and body just cant take it any more, theres nothing wrong with slowing down abit bro!
moresntoil

perennial

Panic attacks can be treated without medication. And since the medications are not very effective that is a good thing. The results of a panic attack are very real and measurable. Blood pressure and heart rate go up, palms sweat, feet get cold, or so it does with me. The effects are real but the answer is in your head. That is what most sufferers don't want to hear. I didn't believe it myself until I was able to get off the medications for good and control my panic attacks.

Everyone is different and there is no easy solution. The first thing is to get quality psychological counseling that uses a talk therapy approach. In me, I was harboring serious unresolved issues in my background. When I finally faced these issues, the panic began to subside. We must all come to grips with death, and for me, fear of death was a major trigger. I also had issues with feeling like I couldn't breathe or get enough oxygen. I learned to recognize the early onset of panic which in me starts with cold feet and mild nausea. Then I check my issues to see if there is anything unresolved that is subconsciously raising my anxiety. And then I begin a relaxation technique called cue-controlled imagery guided relaxation. These techniques along with a program of vigorous physical exercise helped to completely eliminate panic attacks. It took about six months of therapy and lots of work on repeating relaxation routines until I could stop the attacks. It has been about three years since I've had an attack. Minimizing alcohol is also very important.

Panic attacks are a very real physical response to deep seated fears in your sub-conscience. No drug can solve the problem because the problem is in your head. Even MJ, which helps a lot, is not the answer. Smoking is bad for your cardiac health and panic sufferers are more likely to develop cardiac problems. Cocaine also has a serious impact on heart function and will kill you if you let it. If you must use MJ, try vaping or edibles and lay off the smoke. Pouring hot smoke into your lungs will only comprise your cardiac health which is probably already ruined by the cocaine use. But even damage like this can be stopped or reversed with exercise and a few months without any drugs or alcohol.

With me, MJ vaped does not interfere with my exercise routine like smoking did. Smoking left me with that hacking cough and hungover feeling in the morning and when I did get on the treadmill, I could feel my lungs not performing as well as they should. Now with vaping, I can get on my treadmill and have a good workout with becoming breathless like I did when smoking.

Go to:

http://anxieties.com/

and read everything there. If you find a good psychologist and follow the relaxation and exercise techniques, you can beat panic and anxiety without drugs.

Someone who is anxious is not relaxed. And someone who is truly relaxed, can not be anxious. I realized after working on these relaxation techniques that for the first 47 years of my life I had never, ever been truly relaxed. Once I learned how to enter a state of relaxation on cue, I never had another panic attack again.

Status
Not open for further replies.