What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quazi's Movin' on Up - 400W of CMH in a DR80

Quazi

Going into Week 3

Going into Week 3

As we go into week 3 of flowering it is no longer evident that any of the plants went through any experimentation.

I went ahead and put the smaller plants on top of buckets to even out the canopy and now everything is looking lush and wonderful:
picture.php

The RGD is looking beautiful:
picture.php

The Afghooey is looking wonderful:
picture.php

Both the Headband and the Bubble & Squeak (who were victims of experimentation) look amazing:
picture.php

The PKs are the ones putting on the most bud structure at the moment:
picture.php

I'm sure the others will be following behind shortly.

That's it for this week.

Good luck in your travels!

-Q :rasta:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Great stuff Quazi. Further defying the laws of growing. I did some NL in 16oz party cups that ended flower at 2.5ft and I was shocked at how NOT root bound they where. Isn't the general rule of thumb like 1 gallon per foot?:laughing:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Maybe there's hope for my T-Haze in 2 liter bottles. I let one veg a long time then trimmed back the growth to 4". They still want to stretch to 2'.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Woooohoooooooooooo! Quazi my man looks like we are going to be grow buddy's this time around cuz I am setting up damn near the SAME system!!! Wasn't sure what tent to get but that DR80 is PERFECT for the 3x3 space I have. Also going to get a 400w CMH and I will have my stuff in the next 2 weeks!!! I'm stoked, I'm going to do 1gal Air-Pots of coco and use the Organicare nutrient line. Got some cool strains to play with too, Jilly Bean, Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk, Cleaners Kush aka Long Bottom Leaf, Blue Dream, Silver Haze Wreck, and of course my beloved Thunder Goo which is still the best in the garden. This should be fun to see what results we pull out of our tents and whatever tips we can share along the way since I'm new to bigger growing as well since I've been in my cabs for almost 2 years now....

Quazi

Thanks DiscoBiscuit and catman!

Thunderkel: That's quite the grip of strains you've got there. Should be awesome for ya. I'm really enjoying the size/wattage I've got going on and I think you will too. I'm still trying to decide how I want to handle my next run. I think I'm going to try to monocrop it and go with smaller containers. Maybe the gallon size like you're talking about or 1.5-2 gallon size. Hell, I'm thinking of giving hydro a try in here.

I may also go for just a couple of bigger plants in 3 gal containers or so and SCrOG it up.

Dunno yet. Too early to tell how effective this is.

Glad to have ya hanging around!

More pics in a few days. The buds are really starting for form up now :)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
wheres the update buddy? I should be up and running in a week or so! Everything is set up just waiting for my fan, air pots, and coco...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Quazi's married now. Pretty soon he'll be fat n happy and forget all about us, j/k.:D

Let the lovely wife know you have an audience that hopes for another performance. ;

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Really? Congrats bro if that's the case and tell the misses that there were these other ladies in your life first tho they are no threat they do expect and deserve attention....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
awww thanks Disco hahaha I know I can't wait to see what I'm able to do with some more power!

K

KermitTheHermit

Hey Quazi, I just saw this thread for the first time. This is the kind of setup I like to see, nice and clean, and it looks like good results!

Quazi

Day 36 and All (Including Quazi) is Well!

Day 36 and All (Including Quazi) is Well!

growMEDS, DiscoBiscuit, Thundurkel, KermitTheHermit, thanks for stopping by!

Mr.Bill: I'm a big fan of Afghooey too. Boy does it look nice under the CMH!

:wave:

Sorry for the absence folks! I came down with a really nasty sickness. Landed me in the hospital and everything! My plants suffered a bit as a result of me being too tired to properly feed/pH and everything... In addition, my updates suffered.

But never fear... I have conquered the viral infection (not the flu or swine flu) and I come bearing updates of frosty, frosty fruit at day 36 in flower!

Let's start off with the runt of the bunch, Bubble & Squeak:
picture.php

Ended up suffering due to the previous pH experiments and didn't like being mistreated during my sickness. The little buds are looking frosty and smell really nice and skunky though. Should make a nice headstash!

Next, we'll move on to the other victim of the prior pH experiment, Headband:
picture.php

She's looking just fine and dandy. Those buds have some plumping up to do. Should be a great little pull as usual.

Next, we'll take a look at the two varietals of PK of I've got working. Here's an F2 of the PK, not looking as big and full but a bit frostier than it's parents:
picture.php

Here's a bit closer look so you can see the lack of fullness:
picture.php

Plenty of frost and a bunch of budsites compared to the original PK so the yield will probably be similar despite the smaller colas. Also, there is less of a fruity odor profile from this F2 which is a bit surprising considering how fruity the PK usually smells during bloom.

Speaking of the original PK, here's the original for comparison:
picture.php

Just a little bit fuller.

Plenty of frost, as always:
picture.php

You can also see a touch of purple forming!

Next, we'll move on to the RGD which is gonna give me some chunky little colas after all:
picture.php

All of the buds are this are swelling up and look nice. I'm sure this will end up being a tasty and nice pull:
picture.php

Lastly, we get to the girl really shining from the bunch, Afghooey! This is one of my favorite strains and is just going nuts under the CMH:
picture.php

This cola is gonna be huge!

The plant is just covered in frost and emitting a very strong odor now:
picture.php

Here's a close-up of that amazing frost-production so you can see how the dense the trichomes are on this girl:
picture.php

More frost is sure to come!

Well, that's it for now.

The plants are losing a lot of their fan leaves and are ready to just start packing on weight and more frost. So far I'm very pleased with the results.

Stay tuned for a frosty and stinky November! I'm looking to harvest towards the end of November. With the cure getting on, it's gonna be a very pleasant Christmas :)

Good luck in your travels!

Quazi

Thanks DiscoBiscuit!

Been working hard to try and get the most of my crappy old camera before I shell out for a new one.

Messing around with some exposure-bracketing for some HDR-like effects and also found a neat little feature that gives me 1cm macro focus capability.

Feel free to click on an image to see a high quality version of it.

So, anyway, here ya go:

High Quality Version of the Above Photo

Stay tuned for pics from the other strains later this week!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's so nice I LOVE Goo strains!!! That's got to be the Mom in my Thunder Goo by the looks of it!

Latest posts

Latest posts