What's new

Matt Kuchar 'stiffs' his caddy....

F

Frylock

There is a golfer called Matt Kuchar, who recently won a golf tournament in Mexico where he had a substitute caddy, which he had arranged to pay $3000 at the start of the tournament.
He ended up winning the tournament so offered an extra $2000 as a bonus for a total of $5000 :biglaugh:
Apparently, a caddy usually will get 10% of the purse if their player wins the tournament, as an unwritten rule....
Kuchar raised his offer to $20,000 after the caddy aired his grievance with Kuchar, the caddy rejected the offer.
Kuchar is worth over $46 million.

(I think they settled on $50,000 in the end.... after repeated whining by Kuchar)

Personally, if i just won $1.3 million with $45 million in the bank already, i would give the 10% without hesitation and probably give the guy a nice gift on top of that just out of appreciation.
What the hell is wrong with some people??

I think Kuchar is a slimeball for doing this, what are other folks opinions?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Friend of a friend moved he and his wife out to California so he could work at his dream job at Skywalker Ranch. (George Lucas's version of Industrial Light and Magic the special effects company that brought us the original Star Wars trilogy.)

She took a job as a waitress at a local place that George would frequent.

Apparently the guy would never tip. Ever. Worth a billion dollars, doesn't tip.

As a follow up, a few months later somebody leaked footage of the 2nd movie of the first three movies. The next day, he came in and fired everyone on staff that had access to the movie. Some 150 people.

I guess the guy's a complete asshole.

F

Frylock

I guess that million/billionaires get to be that way by nickel and diming people?

Some of them, yeah i imagine, but a golfer who hires a random local caddy and then wins 1.3 million after walking 72 holes with him.... that's just scummy to offer $5,000 and then b*tch and moan when the guy says he's not happy.

He was always going to get the $3000 but then Kuchar wins the tournament earning 1.3 million and offers paltry $2000 bonus. :frown:

I read that he has been getting booed since then. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts