What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Bud Booster

Homebrewer

Veteran
The best 'booster' is very dependent on the NPK ratio of your base nutrients and your growing method.

Cappy

The best "bud booster" is a well grown plant from superior genetics. You don't need snake oil to do it.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
W/o getting into arguments over the whole "use boosters or not" endless masturbation diatribe, I have found the following "boosters" to benefit ME, this is JUST my experience ...noone elses, you can see about 2 years of my efforts in the vertical section under my thread their if your so inclined.I have used these in vertical grow using soil and CoCo (currently pure CoCo)

1) M.O.A.B - Mother of All Blooms - Mad Farmer

2) KoolBloom - GH

3) Beastiez Bloom - FoxFarm

I have used all 3 and have had good success I am currently using Koolbloom (indoor only) because I am trying to reduce my Nitrogen during flowering phase and it has a low N factor.

Good luck to you!

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
canna pk 13/14. just one or two watering with it and you will see a huge difference. i have a strain or two where it doubles the output.

SMOKE-ONE

The best 'booster' is very dependent on the NPK ratio of your base nutrients and your growing method.
Im running H&G coco base nutes,drip clean,epsom salt,bud XL,top booster,( maybe)black strap molasses,roots excellerator,and protekt.Looking for a replacement for the shooting powder.
And thanks for all the replies!

Last edited:

SMOKE-ONE

W/o getting into arguments over the whole "use boosters or not" endless masturbation diatribe, I have found the following "boosters" to benefit ME, this is JUST my experience ...noone elses, you can see about 2 years of my efforts in the vertical section under my thread their if your so inclined.I have used these in vertical grow using soil and CoCo (currently pure CoCo)

1) M.O.A.B - Mother of All Blooms - Mad Farmer

2) KoolBloom - GH

3) Beastiez Bloom - FoxFarm

I have used all 3 and have had good success I am currently using Koolbloom (indoor only) because I am trying to reduce my Nitrogen during flowering phase and it has a low N factor.

Good luck to you!
I think might try Kool bloom too.Are you using the dry or liquid,or both?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have used Canna pk 13/14 loved it. Im now going to give Hydroplex a shot since I use Botanicare's line anyway why not use there boost..

Homebrewer

Veteran
Im running botanicare coco,Cns17 grow and bloom,drip clean,cal mag,black strap molasses,and protekt.
And thanks for all the replies!

I used to use 'boosters' with non-hydro growing methods and to be honest, all they wound up doing is inducing premature leaf-drop as non of them supply enough nitrogen to support healthy leaves.

Now I use base nutes only (roughly an NPK ratio of 1-1-1) and since leaves drive production, my one goal is to keep them green and intact which has resulted in better yields than any booster ever gave me. So whatever product you decide on, keep those leaves healthy!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can say with 100% certainty that using a booster will increase your yield.. Anyone that does not see improvement has something going on thats preventing that from occurring.. Hydroplex or Canna pk 13/14 are not snake oil bogus additives. They do what they are suppose to do if you know how to use them.

i use a fertilyzer 0/50/30 for 3 weeks; cant recall the manufacture but most farm/garden stores should stock it.

monster bloom aint bad either

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sometime im in coco sometime im in 50/50 sometime im not. Right now im not im in FFOF/FFHF/FFLW. All mixed together. Hydroplex is not fro hydro is for coco and soil mediums..

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
^BLOOM FUCKING BASTIC

Although I was recently given H&G's Top Shooter and since I'm going to be running their line I may give it a shot.

But to be honest the bloombastic has been my favorite to date and I feel it's better than kool bloom which I had been my go to for years with great results. If you're on a budget I'd say Kool Bloom not questions, but if you can splurge and get a bottle of Bloombastic I'd be surprised if you weren't happy.

Have fun and grow big.