What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Look at my first set up and tell me what I am doing wrong!

jm420

Veteran
Hey douche,
Search threads by "Durbon poison"and you'll find the plans for a DIY carbon scrubber thread.I have no clue on how to post links.I'll make a comment on the thread and you can find it on the grow room desighns and equip forum peace

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Douche,

Why have you spent the money on CO2, quantum ballasts, an auto fire extinguisher, pre paid utilities, etc, but not spent the money on solid odor control?

I understand the lack of employment, but after lighting, odor control and ventilation are most impt.

Remember no tell and no smell.

Hey douche,
Search threads by "Durbon poison"and you'll find the plans for a DIY carbon scrubber thread.I have no clue on how to post links.I'll make a comment on the thread and you can find it on the grow room desighns and equip forum peace

I am doing it now, thanks.

Douche,

Why have you spent the money on CO2, quantum ballasts, an auto fire extinguisher, pre paid utilities, etc, but not spent the money on solid odor control?

I understand the lack of employment, but after lighting, odor control and ventilation are most impt.

Remember no tell and no smell.

Because I am a Douche!

Real reason: I had everything set to be bought on certin days. I Had set to order the scrubber and the nutes last week. It was 2 weeks ago I lost my job and all my funds have now moved to pay bills. If I had not lost my job I would not be getting bottom of the line nutes and a homemade scrubber.

I hope this answers your question, thanks for stopping by.

jm420

Veteran
Dont go to cheap on nutes "lucas" is the way to go Gh micro and bloom and your in.I buy gallons online for 25 a gallon.and get through 2 cycles .My 2 cents on nutes

Dont go to cheap on nutes "lucas" is the way to go Gh micro and bloom and your in.I buy gallons online for 25 a gallon.and get through 2 cycles .My 2 cents on nutes

Man, I am returning a few spare things I bought via mail and until then I have zero bucks. When they are returned I will have enough credit with them to get my nutes.

I have another question for you. Will any ph+/- work to level off my ph? or do I need to get a PH +/- specificity for GH?

T

trem0lo

Because I am a Douche!

Real reason: I had everything set to be bought on certin days. I Had set to order the scrubber and the nutes last week. It was 2 weeks ago I lost my job and all my funds have now moved to pay bills. If I had not lost my job I would not be getting bottom of the line nutes and a homemade scrubber.

I hope this answers your question, thanks for stopping by.

Sorry to hear about the job--but odor control is a must.

If you go the DIY route, make sure it's solid and pulling through at least 1" of tightly packed activated carbon. If you're growing stinky strains, make it 2" :)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey DB, manufacturers use a vibration pad to fill the scrubber completely. You can get a similar effect by tapping the table top with a hammer. Carbon will settle and minimize loose fill.

Hey DB, manufacturers use a vibration pad to fill the scrubber completely. You can get a similar effect by tapping the table top with a hammer. Carbon will settle and minimize loose fill.

Man, using a hammer is to noobish for me. I have an uncle with Parkinson disease who can handle this part for me.

Sorry to hear about the job--but odor control is a must.

If you go the DIY route, make sure it's solid and pulling through at least 1" of tightly packed activated carbon. If you're growing stinky strains, make it 2" :)

I totally understand that it is odor control is a must. I am doing what I can as fast as I can and as efficient as I can be. I am currently using about 3 inches and it is working well for the moment. Once I get nutes I will redo the scrubber.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Man, I am returning a few spare things I bought via mail and until then I have zero bucks. When they are returned I will have enough credit with them to get my nutes.

I have another question for you. Will any ph+/- work to level off my ph? or do I need to get a PH +/- specificity for GH?

You don't necessarily need GH specific. Advanced Nutrients is more concentrated but costs a little more. Prolly still cheaper to use.

I read here that pH adjust for fish tanks is cool. I'd steer clear of swimming pool pH adjust. Can't say why, just never used it.

You don't necessarily need GH specific. Advanced Nutrients is more concentrated but costs a little more. Prolly still cheaper to use.

I read here that pH adjust for fish tanks is cool. I'd steer clear of swimming pool pH adjust. Can't say why, just never used it.

Headline should read "Another noob move by Douche`"

Don't have to worry about Ph if no nutes in the water.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
You can get sulfuric acid from the autoparts store (battery acid) which is cheap pH down.
Amazon sells potassium hydroxide (KOH) flakes for soap making which is pH up.
Or do like Disco says and get the AN stuff. AN's pH down is phosphoric acid and pH up is KOH. I've had my quarts for years and they are still 80% full.

These guys sell GH 3 part CHEAP. Like $8-10/gallon cheap.

Phat or Fresh make some decent cheap filters and CAP and S&P make good cheap inline fans.

I'm all about saving a buck, but odor control is a must, especially with a 6 site setup.

Last edited: