What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshiners show

supermanlives

Veteran
i wanted to buy the micro venom combo, but he talked me out of it!!!! he said the little glass jar for flavoring is kinda useless because of all the flavor additions you can add at the end. he said the flavoring jar adds just a hint of flavor....

he talked me into buying the Wasp and i told him to make sure he throws in everything i will need and that only consisted of a hydrometer, he said to buy the rest where i live because its to expensive to ship....

hey when you get it setup and woking let me know your thoughts . as i am thinking of getting the same one . thanks

R

raypack

Can someone in the know help me a little with the culture:

1) I watched Popcorns movies on YTube yesterday...can someone help me to understand the guerilla nature of the cooking, why do you have to "go look" for a site. Why not a barn, basement, outhouse, on-property dug-out...

Well, if a still gets busted in the woods the cops won't know who it belongs to. Pretty good benefit. Kinda like guerrilla growing..

And if the still explodes the barn doesn't burn down.

Thanks for the viewing suggestions in this thread everyone. I'm gonna check them out. I hate alcohol but recently learned that my great-grandfather used to run quite a bit of it during prohibition. Made me think about my pot-growing ways. And now I noticed some people in this thread said the same thing... Breaking prohibition laws must be in our blood haha.

supermanlives

Veteran
i mostly wanna learn the process with a cheap kit . then upgrade to a better one so i can make booze for extracts. and a few jars of apple pie wouldnt hurt either

I

Iron_Lion

Tim is a badass dude.

I like learning about how they manage their supply chain.

Tickle has a drinking problem, and I'd imagine it's examples like him why it's so illegal. I couldnt believe it when he fell off the roof and smashed his face off the side of the truck, so drunk it looked like it didn't even hurt.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Tickle has more that drinking issues lol..and it was his ribs. I know that fucker tokes too lol

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I'm real close to 'shine country and the only reason it's illegal is because of the tax money involved.
I'd sure like to get into making it....My buddy gets it from a buddy who either makes it or gets it from another buddy who makes it. So it's interesting to me watching it from their end and how much the rush can be getting rid of the product....what a hard problem to have...then reality sinks in, that it can't possibly be real....at least not what we see on tv. I'm sure it goes on, but I doubt you'd ever see an actual moonshiner unless you saw the still too.

NOKUY

Veteran
moonshiners-tickle-v2-284x212.jpg

TLOpagepic.jpg

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

It's illegal because the government don't get their tax $$.

Somethings are just better left alone.

After watchin Tim and Popcorn I see there is some artisan qualities to the moonshine they make.

If they were doing it legit I bet it would lose a lot of what makes it great/unique.

Natural spring water, special wood, homemade wood furnace, I bet all that adds up in the end. If they were doing it by the rules it would be homogenized and generic and taste just like everything else.

NOKUY

Veteran

After watchin Tim and Popcorn I see there is some artisan qualities to the moonshine they make.

If they were doing it legit I bet it would lose a lot of what makes it great/unique.

Natural spring water, special wood, homemade wood furnace, I bet all that adds up in the end. If they were doing it by the rules it would be homogenized and generic and taste just like everything else.

i'm gonna see about grabbin' a jar of popcorns tennessee white whiskey....supposedly the same recipe he ran, and handed down to the kid he was mentoring....the only distributors are in tennessee tho so not sure if the have it 'round here.....i'm sure that something has been lost in translation tho.

here is a link:
http://tnwhitewhiskey.com/

supermanlives

Veteran
ok i must be slow. damn popcorn killed his self because of the bust WTF. my first batch will be in his honor.

med_breeder

I didn't know popcorn offed himself.

He was facing 18 months.
It's not like a weekend in the drunk tank, but it's a resonably short period of time.

There has got to be more to the story.

Anyone know?

DRorganic

Veteran
you are allowed to make personal stash .as long as you do not sell it .i can not remember
but you can have so many gallons and not go to jail. at least in va,sc,west va.

woolybear

Veteran

i dunno man, just because they did shit some way 200 years ago dont mean i the year 2012 they found a better way to do things :)

regarding 'some' artisan qualities.... hmm. water, wood. thats it. take white ash, turn it into char, add to your whisky and it will taste like its been aged for years. magic? no, its chemistry.

so yeah it aint like dude made special liquor. the rednecks drink this shit to get fucked up, not to savor its essence.

teah man

I didn't know popcorn offed himself.

He was facing 18 months.
It's not like a weekend in the drunk tank, but it's a resonably short period of time.

There has got to be more to the story.

Anyone know?

he had cancer, probably would of died before he got out of the federal cage. went on his terms.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
god bless everyone of their rebel moonshinin' hearts!!

i love that show!

im one that doesnt really watch alot of TV, too much shit starts to or is the same thing as something else, andn reality shows just arent my thing to be honest.

-AMERICAN CHOPPER
-SONS OF GUNS
-AMERICAN GUNS
-MOONSHINERS
-DEADLIEST WARRIOR

im sure there is one or two of them that escapes my memory, but i love those shows.

tried watching the others ones with the " house wives of ______" but once i saw there werent any tits flyin i said fuck it cant wach grown ass women whoring themselves for some cash on tv like that.

then theres the LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!! now thats fucking entertainment!!!

supermanlives

Veteran
i tried watching lingerie football. i couldnt keep my eyes on the ball . after a half hour i still didnt know the score. some nice babes tho

Latest posts

Latest posts