What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~California Vert. Projects ~ The Sagas of a Medicinal Grower~

Sleeper7784

Good Signs From The Gods?

Good Signs From The Gods?

picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

So I'm using a little sup. lighting this year because so many outdoor growers on here debated against me being able to put clones out anytime before June, saying that going from 18/6 they would begin to flower, then have to reveg, screwing the whole process up, wasting time.

It makes some sense, going from 18 hrs of light to 12hrs outside, but what they don't consider is day 1 might have 12, but day 2 is 12hr 1min, then day 3 12hr 1min 30sec and so on.

In the past I've put plants out in late March beginning of April (with no sup. lighting) and had no problems.

From my research on plant development. It was my belief that once daylight savings hits, and the eternal clock starts progressively causing the days to become longer, the plants sense that its time to veg. When it first happens the transition of less light in the day to more light is really slow, so now I like to wait until mid April to ensure that days are getting longer at a safe steady rate.

That gives us April-June to veg. and technically July. At the end of June when the days start getting shorter, this triggers the plants to begin the stretch. The transition is also slow, that makes the month of July the stretch. That's why budding starts setting in, in the first 2 weeks of August. For me once budding sets in that's when I start counting down the week's.

I built this belief of the growth cycle by monitoring plant development on my past outdoor grows and relating there growth patterns to the years sunrise/sunset calander. I don't know if there's any fact about it, but its how I think it works.

Like today sunrise time 5:59am sunset time 7:59pm 14hrs of light. Tomorrow there will be a 1min progression.

The plants know the time in the day is getting longer. And they know when its getting shorter.

So long story short. I put it out there to be safe. I'm not a seasoned Outdoor grower. I prefer indoor control and quality. I just enjoy experimenting and learning. One day I hope to have my Farm in the hills and I want to be ready when I get there.

Also my light comes on at 5am off at 6am and back on at 8pm-9pm. 16hrs total light.

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
GSC is looking great.

supplemental lighting is not necessary with some clone strains put outside after april 1st, but some will begin to flower even as late as June. It's risky putting clones out before June without extra light. Cherry Pie is vulnerable to pre-flowering, in my experience, which means GSC might as well

Sleeper You could probably just have your lights come on at 4:30am and go off when the sun is up... i dont think you need the 8-9pm light.

Sleeper7784

Thanks Shcrews bro for your input. Its respected. I'm not taking any chances so I took everyone's opinion into consideration. Things are going good inside and especially good outside, so far.

I've got a little N problem going on under my day 23 light, but I hope I'm getting that figured out.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
They look like orange aphids... But you should deff check with the experts!

Good luck man
BeL

Sleeper7784

So here's some exciting information. On Wednesday they're claiming were suppost to have a high of 102 f , and Thursday 100.

Gland my plants are a reasonable size.

Sleeper7784

So here's a little update, starting with my outdoor beast.

If they keep growing at this rate...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I've removed lower/inner branching once a couple weeks ago and they really beefed up the main branches and gain a lot of vigor, its about time to do it again.

Last edited:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Lata Sleeper!!

Im typically on lurker status, always reading and reading and reading....

:)
BeL

Sleeper7784

Lata Sleeper!!

Im typically on lurker status, always reading and reading and reading....

:)
BeL

Yeah that's the problem. Lol. My wifes trippin so I've gotta make it up and spend some time with her. I'll be back bro.

Hopefully I get some wax blasted with the great returns they speak of. I know I can get 15% or more. My trim is loaded. I've never tasted GSC wax but I'm sure its flavorful as fuck.

I might hit you up.

Peace