What's new

Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

rocker

Fred,

Curious about your coconut oil, I make mine 14G's to a cup of Coconut oil, what is your ratio?
I like your set up looks very clean, and the LST is cool too.

Last spring my brother gave me a couple of Platinum Girl Scout Cookies in solo cups, a clear one inside of a red one so you could see when it was time to transplant. Sadly the clones did not make it.

I recently planted a French Cookies clone in a one gallon pot. I always used 1g pots because I thought that would be the minimum size for a living soil. The clone in the 1g looked kind of rough and all my 1g pots were full, so I grabbed the two empty solo cups and planted 2 more FC clones in hopes that at least one would make it.

All three clones survived, but even more importantly I discovered the joy of how well plants can do in a solo cup! Now I start them all that way. Thanks Bro!:woohoo:

French Cookies clone
picture.php

Fred,

Curious about your coconut oil, I make mine 14G's to a cup of Coconut oil, what is your ratio?
I like your set up looks very clean, and the LST is cool too.

Sorry I can't help you because I don't measure the amount of bud. The run in the picture used that big pasta pot almost full of bud. I just use all my kiefed sweet leaf and any buds that I don't want to vape. The more the better. My only limit is how big the pot is. One time I packed it too full and after that I don't. :shucks:
I often wonder if the coconut oil has a maximum holding capacity regardless of the quality or quantity of material used.:dunno:
Thank you for the kind words.:comfort:

I moved the bokashi along to the next phase of processing where it gets buried for 2 weeks. This is what it looked like after 3 weeks of being sealed shut.
picture.php

I notice it has sunk down a couple inches so next time I'll pack it full. I also notice that the top third did not really ferment well.

Deeper down the food bits had become much more slimy and well fermented. :good:
picture.php

I have yet to decide if I like bokashi, I'll have to see how it turns out after a few weeks buried in one of my big tubs. I also buried some in each of my 5 worm tubs.
One thing for sure it really, really stinks!:puke:
It should be done in a room where a window can be opened and then the door shut. It's that bad. I hope the results are worth it.

When I take clones I get just a bit of clone gel. Clones are taken from bottom shoots that are usually removed anyway. Sometimes I top a tall plant and root it as a big clone too.

picture.php

I root my clones in solo cups of plain tap water. I always take 4 clones and at least 3 root if not all four.
picture.php

Clones are planted into solo cups of my regular soil mix, thinned down a bit with a little extra perlite and peat. I had trouble with large clones surviving the planting until I started using a humidity dome. After a couple days I slowly work the plant out of the the dome and into low light veg, and then slowly into full light. Now they rarely collapse on me.:biggrin:
picture.php

Hydro8

When you root the clones in the Solo cups do you change the water at all ? How many days does it usually take for the roots to start ?

When you root the clones in the Solo cups do you change the water at all ? How many days does it usually take for the roots to start ?

No I don't change the water, I jusk keep topping it off keeping it full. I'm not sure how long it takes, it varies by strain and time of year. I guess they're usually ready in about 2 weeks but show nubs and roots much sooner.

I have an EZ cloner 30 spot and a Daisy 8 spot cloner that I packed away because cleaning them sucks and the heat in the summer sucks. The cups work great and are easy to clean.:good:

Here I transplant this OG Critical from it's 3 gallon pot..

picture.php

Into this 15 gallon pot with Mykos, and Azos dusted small perlite.

picture.php

Final pot for this one. Now to veg it as long as I possibly can.:watchplant:

picture.php

brickweeder

FS, well I'll be a fish-eyed fool...never thought of using those plastic drawers as worm bins or loose screen fabric on a bowl for keif...Nice journal.

FS, well I'll be a fish-eyed fool...never thought of using those plastic drawers as worm bins or loose screen fabric on a bowl for keif...Nice journal.

Thank you very much. I'm glad someone could pick something up from it. I want to contribute because I've learned so much here.:smoke out:

This is Atomic Bomb in a 1g going into a 3g.

picture.php

Picture doesn't really show it, but I like to place transplants a little higher than the edges so it's kind of a mound.
picture.php

All set for a couple more weeks. I've been experimenting with straw as mulch. It works well.
picture.php

A long time ago when I first started growing my own, I fell in love with a Critical Jack Herrer and have been growing it ever since. Over the years I started making a seed order every December because Attitude has a pretty good deal at that time. I would order female single seeds and could get 20 to 25 strains for about $125.

I started trying to figure out whether it was the Critical or the Jack Herrer that I liked so much. I ordered some of each from various breeders. I was more impressed with the Critical strains so I have spent the last couple of years growing out most of the critical strains that were around. I have liked almost everything that had some Critical in it.

This one is a Critical Neville's Haze 2.0 at 8 weeks. This is my first run with it. So far so good.

picture.php

picture.php

:canabis:

rocker

Wow, I thought your DB looked tasty, your Critical Nevile's Haze is even better, you are doing very fine work all around.