What's new

relative humidity at 10 %...trying to rise it

sicoltiva

hello growers ! the relative humidity in my grow tent and in general in the house is about 10 %.
I learned that lower the climate temperatures are the lower the relative humidity will be....so i feel like i'm fighting against the wind mills here because is very cold outside
Not mentioning that my skin is dry too. I have a humidifier in the room where the tent is but i think it's not doing much because the room is very big.

SO my idea is to get a small one and put it inside the tent (39"x39"x78") but before spending the money i wanted to know if anybody his having a similar issue and how you solved it.

Is the fan ( s&P 150 TD ) going to suck and push the humidity out making the humidifier useless ?

also...i know that low humidity is increasing transpiration in the plant forcing them to absorb more water from the soil, which i can solve watering more often. But my question is if low humidity ( like 10 -15 % ) can also slow down vegetative growth ?

thanks for any suggestion !

sicoltiva

L

lid

I live in the desert w/ low humidity and never had much of prob w/ growth or yield. They do drink a ton of water though.

L

lid

I would put the humidifier in the tent if u could. When it comes time to harvest and curing you will definitly want this problem fixed. low humidity will destroy ur curing. dry out way to fast.

sicoltiva

I live in the desert w/ low humidity and never had much of prob w/ growth or yield. They do drink a ton of water though.

thanks lid....good to know this relieves me.
I have 4 super lemon haze and the first pair of leaves are slightly curling up on the edges. They are showing the 4rd and 4th pair right now which looks healthy.
I thought that humidity was the cause but maybe i'm wrong. I haven't fertilized them except for a very light dose of fish and liquid seaweed from neptune harvest. So almost 100 % pure water until now. Temps between 20 and 25 C.
The soil is a mix of fox farm ocean forest with some amends i added months ago...i don't have the recipe handy right now but i followed the advice found in the forum i kept the doses of the amends below what suggested. Hope it not the soil that is too rich for this early stage.
I'll take few pics and post it in the infirmary section....
peace

sicoltiva

sicoltiva

I would put the humidifier in the tent if u could. When it comes time to harvest and curing you will definitly want this problem fixed. low humidity will destroy ur curing. dry out way to fast.

you are totally right...on my last grow I have to leave the house for a week ( had to go back to my home country to marry ....:witch:)
a friend was in my apt during my absence and i told him to keep an eye on the curing stage.
Well he left the fan on 24 hours a day until i got home :dunno:..that with a very low humidity made my sensi star and blue mystic super dry!
Taste and effect are still good but the herb is very crisp...don't even need a grinder to vaporize it. I press it between my fingers and it cracks.Not the best i know but better than nothing.....
I'll definetly buy a small humidifier this weekend and see how it works...

thankx

sicoltiva

ITryToGrow

Check out Faran HR-15 or HR-50 systems! They're great and give you the ability to choose which size tank you want to connect. :yes:

sicoltiva

Check out Faran HR-15 or HR-50 systems! They're great and give you the ability to choose which size tank you want to connect. :yes:

thanks for the suggestion.
I looked on line for the brand Faran and all i couldn't find a us seller. Where did you get yours ?
Most of them were asia based. They also look similar size of the one i have right now ( air o swiss , looks like a white egg shape , covers 430 sq ft ).
I put it inside the tent today but is basically taking the space of 1 and half pots since the tent is not very big...so i was trying to see if i can increase humidity using something smaller in size.
Also need smthg with auto shut off though...which my air o swiss doesn't have. Plus it was 140 $ and i'm looking for somthg cheaper...

sicoltiva

BigTop

I'd be surprised if the rh stays that low once they get bigger & into flowering...

Lower rh will generally mean they will transpire more water, all other things being equal... so, they might prefer a slightly lower nute concentration to offset.

That'l just depend on your girls & other variables (heat). Peace.

Marijuanaut

your plants are going to love that low humidity in flower....give them alot of N the first 2 weeks.
your in for a high yeild if you dial it in..good luck :)

Marijuanaut

And turn off the in/out fans during the night..just keep the fan you have inside pointed at the plants on
this will raise the H during the night which they seem to like

sicoltiva

And turn off the in/out fans during the night..just keep the fan you have inside pointed at the plants on
this will raise the H during the night which they seem to like

yes that's what i'm doing too...i 'll get a small hudifier anyway and see if i can get a better rel humiduty in the veg stage..

thank for the suggestions!

E

EvilTwin

Hi,
I struggle with low RH too. It's a constant struggle. Humidifier will do the job, but I just use a simmering pot of water on the range and pans of water. Renewed daily.

Hey on your super dry ganja...you can re-hydrate that. I use pieces of apple to add humidity...though fresh ganja leaves work too.
Cheers,
ET

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

What exactly is the optimum RH range to look for? My buddy's been running as high as 40% RH in his 4" high x 3" x 3" cab during veg with exhaust fan coming on around 80 degrees. At what point do the mold bugs come out?

sicoltiva

Hi,
I struggle with low RH too. It's a constant struggle. Humidifier will do the job, but I just use a simmering pot of water on the range and pans of water. Renewed daily.

Hey on your super dry ganja...you can re-hydrate that. I use pieces of apple to add humidity...though fresh ganja leaves work too.
Cheers,
ET

thankx ET...i haven't thought about the apple ! a friend of mine use it to keep tobacco fresh.
I didn't think about using it to re-hydrate ganja!
I'll try it right away....
sicoltiva

ITryToGrow

What exactly is the optimum RH range to look for? My buddy's been running as high as 40% RH in his 4" high x 3" x 3" cab during veg with exhaust fan coming on around 80 degrees. At what point do the mold bugs come out?

For optimum range, do a search on VPD.

Yes, it's true mold thrives in humid environments. But it's stale (non-moving) air that is the real enemy!

You can with ease have 70% RH without ever getting mold as long as you keep the air moving.

I use a swamp cooler hooked to a 55 gallon drum as a water supply, it gets my humidity up in the 50% range, which seems perfect, plus it keeps things cool, so I can run my CO2 burner, which also kicks out some moisture.

As far as rehydrating buds, the best thing I have found is the fan leaves off my mothers... or stems, etc.. something off a live plant. Throw them in with the dried buds in a plastic bag for 12 or 18 hours, and you have squeezable buds again.

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Very good idea Bud Spleefman (and others). Makes sense, what better re-hydrating medium can u get than fresh leaves??!! Won't affect taste either! Marvelous!

Latest posts

Latest posts