What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple colour seeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonic101

Hi there
Just found two of the most amazing seeds, they are vivid purple.

They came from My 6-7 year old Sweettooth#3 mother crossed with Killingfeilds by ******.

Never seen this or heard of it, have you.

Pics are taken with USB microscope.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Storm Crow

Veteran
Interesting! I wonder just how purple the plants will be? Ever see one of those Japanese Maples that look like pot but are really purple? That would be so cool in a cannabis plant!

F

farmerred

Those look unique as hell. Which part is purple? The brown and stripes are usually a thin membrane surrounding the hull. Sometimes this membrane sticks inside the calyx, revealing the colors underneath. It looks to me like those purple specimen are missing this membrane except at the very base.

Tonic101

This is no reflection mate!

I have found some more seeds from this batch that are purple. Not all as purple as these but a few are.

Will post pics of the new ones tomorrow.

The colour is under the membrane, scrached it off and they got more purple!

cheers

Tonic

dogscot

Thats awesome dude. Those photos are really cool man. I like the way youve taken them. Especially the one in amongst all the other seeds. I want to put it on my wall and frame it.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. we've seen seeds with purple hint before,, cant remember which strain.. :canabis:

Are you sure that's not a reflection? Looks like it to me.

What you see is normally a reflection of light.. that's how we see colours dude :D

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah , i have seen it sometimes .... , still considered as rare by many !

pinkish beans ... Blowfish Haze

5747SSC_2017.JPG

Tonic101

fjällhöga, those pinkies are great!

Can you tell me, did the colour in the seeds carry to the plants that grew from them? Did the mother have the colour in this cross, or was it the father (or both)? Also, were they all coloured like that or was it only a small percentage?

I'm thinking the colour must have come from the male in my cross. I've done a couple of crosses before with my SWT#3, but I've never had seeds looking like this. The male itself didn't look that purple but it was a young plant, but the girls were really purple. I'll dig out some pics of the girls in a bit.

Here's some fresh pics of the purple bunch.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Cheers

Tonic

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes indeed the blowfish [where the seeds come from] was slightly pinkish-purple when grown in a cold environment ... and NO the plants grown from those seeds werent purple at all

T

theJointedOne

nice, very unique...dont think i have seen anything like that

great first posts

welcome to icm

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps the ganja-elves painted them when all were sleeping .. :D

Keep the photos coming folks,, we will try and find the image or remember exactly which strain it was this also happened in ,, definately seen this before,, perhaps by BeAn :canabis:

Status
Not open for further replies.