What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adventures with a 30+yr old NL cut

TPFTFW

Veteran
Northern lights is one of the most common and bastardized strains known next to skunk. With yours of foggy origins there is nothing to say it's more legit then any others that are out there as many strains have been breeding and selling NL for decades. But as you're here claiming some other guy is trying to cash in on old cut hype you're here doing the exact same thing, trying to repackage some NL with some story about how it's the oldest and best. I've been growing for a long time, seen many trends come and go NL is always there but no one has really cared about it for a long time, it's popping up now as a lot of ppl are trying to bring it back to the top and I don't see it happening, it doesn't have the qualities people really want, it's just a good over all smoke but doesn't really stand out for smell, taste or potency and doesn't have the resin content like a lot of new stuff. It's like a nostalgic novelty plant that everyone should grow atleast once but not many are really keeping it around long term these days.

where am I selling seeds or even given them to anyone?

Please show me

how on the fuck is me, playing with my families cut.. cashing in..

it sounds like u just wanna talk shit
Keep it out of my thread

if u guys are hating on me and my project why stick around? ignore my posts and dip..

weren’t u the one just complimenting my skunk?

Get in a lane bud
Peace

TPFTFW

Veteran
Also..
foggy fucking origins?

I’m giving samples of this to some of the most respected heads in the game.. and the person who fucking made it

Please tell me what more I could do to see what I have..
And then insert it into ur ass cuz I actually don’t care and a reply isn’t needed

now I remember why I liked private forums more..
I’m literally just documenting what I’m doing
if you don’t like it dip

T

TakenByTheSky

The sales pitch might not have come yet but this thing reeks of a hype thread.

TPFTFW

Veteran

get the fuck outta here

here’s the facts
1. Never said it was the best anything
2. Have stated so many times that this is just for me and friends.. my whole goal is literally to make myself and my brand exclusives.. why in the fuck would I sell seed stock when my goal is to literally keep what I find to myself/close..
3. my cut IS from the mid 80’s, and is one of the oldest cuts/lines I know of besides the “potential” Stock from bobhemp hill etc of 1 and 2..

all of u guys are talking about 90’s NL and the beginning of the bastardization (as u call it)
which I think Tom hill refers to as a capitate sessile wasteland

so unless you have any real info to spit besides dumb misguided hater’age..

Leave and please don’t come back

I’m sick of my posts being cluttered with spew from likes of you

TPFTFW

Veteran

ohhhh ur the watermelon kush guy

ur just butt hurt cuz I came into your thread and dropped some knowledge

it all makes sense now

bitch away my dude

u do know cannarado.. the guy who is mainly accredited with the watermelon kush (I think I got mine from manic who I think had it before him but what do I know)

cannarado made a post on IG saying "how we all really know where the melon came from #adonai" or some shit then quickly deleted it because it would seem he doesn't want to give credit but rather receive it

so to you and your hater kin folk
I feel your feels, hate all day I dont really care..

ive lost so many phones and pictures... ccounts like this are the only reason I have access to like half my trials and tribulations
so ill keep plugging away documenting here and there
you can keep hating until it becomes obvious you have a bone to pic because this is only gonna get better from here.. this is only one project I happen to be working on right now.. your gonna have plenty more to hate about in the future
keep it up
im proud of you

TPFTFW

Veteran
so my next step with the culturing invitro work will most likely be synthetic seeds which are really quite rad

but in the mean time ive been playing around with how long sterilized cuts themselves could remain in a fridge unrooted

these were in the fridge for around 35 days
curious to see how they'll do, im gonna try and keep some all the way to 3 months and take some out to test sporadically
they're all pk gear phenos
picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Tpftfw.....just keep doing wat makes you happy..thats wat really counts....you have to remember thers alot of old heads around here an theyve seen people come an people go...so sometimes they maybe be sceptical about certain things an claims....

I dont know wich nl you have but the one released by nevil as seed was a cross of 2 of his nl lines..also ther was a clone nl5 held in the usa but that was different to nevils...nevils seemed to be all Afghan but the usa one seemed to have some sativa in it. He did have both but he found his was beter.By the way do you know who created the nl lines ?

Id be intrested to know about how you do those invirtro seeds...handy skill to have.

Ps nevil did do a seed line of the nl5 line by 1989 but was never released publicly....a couple of people did get the seeds tho...an one breeder has bred these abit further an released it quite recently as 89nl5...thers a thread on here somewer....pity those seeds nevil made only afew people got, would be nice to see how they turned out. Tho the current seeds look awfully close.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Tpftfw.....just keep doing wat makes you happy..thats wat really counts....you have to remember thers alot of old heads around here an theyve seen people come an people go...so sometimes they maybe be sceptical about certain things an claims....

I dont know wich nl you have but the one released by nevil as seed was a cross of 2 of his nl lines..also ther was a clone nl5 held in the usa but that was different to nevils...nevils seemed to be all Afghan but the usa one seemed to have some sativa in it. By the way do you know who created the nl lines ?

I mean I’ve been on the forums for over a decade..
I’ve seen it as well..
people seem to get confused by like.. how long they’ve been growing.. and how long they’ve had access to accurate information..

those 2 things are not the same

Seattle Greg/the Indian made NL
I’ve heard all kinds of stories inbetween about potential NL’s that didn’t even have anything to do with the PNW, there was stories about NL being started in MI on over grow so I thought that was an interesting thing to pop up..

the fact is I don’t really care what it is beyond the sake of my own curiosity.

The first year nevil released the NL it was a mix of like everything.. then 86-89 there was things like 2x5, 1 and two etc..

TPFTFW

Veteran
Still waiting to hear if you think Melonbred and Adonai are related

Well I already answered ur question, you must have missed it..

And I do have more info to share now
So Higher and shiloh collabed and made Adonai
and then zkittlez came along etc
Shiloh Brandon field terps whatever their names are split up..
and I assume the melonbred is likely the work of Adonai kept on the “zkittlez” side of the ring not shiloh Brandon.. as my friend has literally only said fuck melonbred to me.. I had to go around and ask a mutual to get a bit better of info..

so do I think it has Adonai in it

considering they were all friends at one point, yes Adonai is probably in the make up of melon bred..

I have 3 diff seed lines and directions the Adonai was taken in myself from 02-09
I’m sure more exist I think kush man even took it in his own direction..

so.. that’s about all ik my dude

BYF

Shiloh and Brandon are 2 diff people and Melonbred wasn’t made or held by either of them so how could they pop it out of their work?

I know that Zmoothie is z x Royal/kosher/paki and that male came from Shiloh but Melonbred 1-4 already were around then

TPFTFW

Veteran
Shiloh and Brandon are 2 diff people and Melonbred wasn’t made or held by either of them so how could they pop it out of their work?

I know that Zmoothie is z x Royal/kosher/paki and that male came from Shiloh but Melonbred 1-4 already were around then

I’m aware they aren’t the same people, you must of read that wrong. like I’ve said several times shiloh is the one who I’m working with..

I know who you are and what work you’ve done with the melonbred..

Adonai was made in 02 by higher and shiloh.. that’ a fact

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Actually why don’t we hear what u think

I don’t know jack shit about melon bred and ur just baiting me looking for errors

And to be frank I care less about informing informing you then me potentially saying something that would piss off one of my boys..

TPFTFW

Veteran

Oh I never said they made melon bred

I’m simply saying the odds of two entirely separate heavy melon lines in a circle of people is unlikely.. ya dig

I could not know less about melon bred

So which came first
Melonbred pr Adonai
u know more about the bred side of things then me so please enlighten me as to when it was first around

if it’s after 02, then yes I would assume Adonai made melon bred or is a divergent line

And fwiw we have a lot better of stuff in the works then just Z gear

TheDarkStorm

Tpftfw hope you dont mind me sharing a couple of pictures of my friends 89nl5...these are worked from nevils nl5 clone
(Royal flushes 89nl#5 pictures)

Attachments

• user451998_pic1852149_1526959667.jpg
    user451998_pic1852149_1526959667.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 25
  • user451998_pic2002540_1578973099.jpg
    user451998_pic2002540_1578973099.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 24

BYF

Melonbred came after 02 but the genetics used to make it are unknown to the guy that made it because he just crossed the best with the best that he personally liked...

TPFTFW

Veteran
Melonbred came after 02 but the genetics used to make it are unknown to the guy that made it because he just crossed the best with the best that he personally liked...

fair enough, then likely yes I do believe the Adonai is some way or another in melonbred

The specifics would have to be worked out with those involved.

have any pics u can post so we can compare to my Adonai later

What's the deal with the empty old Reeferman packs?

Did you grow them out? G-SUS was some of the best I've ever grown.

my friend sent me those I would have to ask
Him..
any personal experience with other old reeferman gear? royal Hawaiian? double Afghan slam, peteolia headtash etc