What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adventures with a 30+yr old NL cut

Dankwolf

I have grown nl#2 nl#5 and nl#9 in the early 2000s . at the same time from a 100% true source . ( also grew trintity , jack and early Pearl that year .

2 was heavy afghan super tight buds vary affie dom ( light chem smell if i am rembering corectly ) i did not keep it so had few notes .

5 was a perfect hybrid stacked fat colas . was ready end of september a hashy light pine thing . perfect production plant . all red hairs ( not orange)

9 had large pockets and stacked like a good Jack Herrera
In ways . light smell , chunky but never really worth it . needed work . Matanuska Thunder f*** has a lot of resemblance to Northern Lights 9 . white ,dark brown almost gray hairs.

Just my two cents

TPFTFW

Veteran
I have grown nl#2 nl#5 and nl#9 in the early 2000s . at the same time from a 100% true source . ( also grew trintity , jack and early Pearl that year .

2 was heavy afghan super tight buds vary affie dom ( light chem smell if i am rembering corectly ) i did not keep it so had few notes .

5 was a perfect hybrid stacked fat colas . was ready end of september a hashy light pine thing . perfect production plant . all red hairs ( not orange)

9 had large pockets and stacked like a good Jack Herrera
In ways . light smell , chunky but never really worth it . needed work . Matanuska Thunder f*** has a lot of resemblance to Northern Lights 9 . white ,dark brown almost gray hairs.

Just my two cents

Thank you for the input hombre,
All NL info is welcome here for sure

On the ATF topic
it’s a very olive colored but with almost pink hairs.. very creamy hairs idk the picture doesn’t do it much justice
I have some on plant shots too just not digging thru my phone rn

initial smell is sharply sweet hot garbage then once cracked it’s heavy pine

picture.php

TPFTFW

Veteran
I would self it and see what she really has going on
next project maybe I’m working on so many things I probably won’t have to time to do much with the atf for a while, maybe I can cop another lil tent and just do a solo project for it..
with how it grows/smells/smokes I’m sure it’d pair well with chem cuts..
a sour thunderfuck could be good too

EDIT* with the DNL x (DNL x Super Skunk) that JJ sent me I’ll be picking some males to hit to my NL and prolly an array of others for fun..
Next project is sours after NL with various other things going on Inbetween
I germinate old seeds for friends via invitro so always got something cooking

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
My gf was like u really wanna wear birkenstocks to a riot,

Of course the answer was yes

You're lucky the FBFI* didn't catch you red handed there, dude.
Wearing Birkenstock to a riot is legal only in San Francisco. But even there it's still a felony if you wear socks with sandals.

*Federal Bureau of Fashion Investigations.

TPFTFW

Veteran
You're lucky the FBFI* didn't catch you red handed there, dude.
Wearing Birkenstock to a riot is legal only in San Francisco. But even there it's still a felony if you wear socks with sandals.

*Federal Bureau of Fashion Investigations.

Lookin like diabetic footwear af lololol

TPFTFW

Veteran
https://www.reddit.com/r/tech/comments/gy8h3k/quantum_dots_shift_sunlights_spectrum_to_speed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

interesting article I just read

Here’s a snippet
“ In the consumer electronics industry, quantum dots are used to dramatically improve color reproduction in TV displays. That’s because LCD TV displays, the kind in most of our living rooms, require a backlight. This light is typically made up of white, or white-ish LEDs. The LCD filters the white light into red, green, and blue pixels; their combinations create the colors that appear on the screen.

Before quantum dots, filtering meant that much of the light didn’t make it to the screen. Putting a layer of quantum dots between the LEDs and the LCD, however, changes that equation. QD TVs use blue LEDs as the light source, then take advantage of the quantum effect to shift some of that light to tightly constrained red and green wavelengths. Because only this purified light reaches the filters—instead of the full spectrum that makes up white light—far less is blocked and wasted.

It turns out that this same approach to making your TV picture better can make plants grow faster, because plants, like LCD filters, are tuned to certain colors of light.
Given that quantum dots can be tuned to take incoming light and shift it to a specific part of the spectrum without blocking any of the light’s energy as traditional filters do, why not use them to shift sunlight’s spectrum and enhance plant growth?

That’s what Hunter McDaniel and his colleagues at UbiQD asked themselves back in 2016, when they were thinking about possible applications for the cadmium-free quantum dots McDaniel had been developing. Back when McDaniel was working with quantum dots as a researcher at Los Alamos National Laboratory, he realized that copper indium sulfide (then being developed for use in thin-film solar cells) could also replace toxic cadmium in the manufacture of quantum dots. McDaniel started UbiQD in 2014 to commercialize the technology.“

TPFTFW

Veteran
I was lucky enough to run thru a couple hundred different things made by ottoman, given to me by bi0 and Otto
mainly TCPK S1’s and DxTCPK’s which inspired some of my own work

picture.php

picture.php

just flipped today..

let’s see how these LED’s do..

TPFTFW

Veteran
I’m pouring tubes up this week with MS agar and Ga3 in half of them..

I wanna experiment with embryo rescue as well..
these will be good for that
From the mid 90’s I forget like where or who made them but..
G13 x blueberry x white widow
picture.php

Have about 50-150 haven’t counted yet

then I’ll be cracking these
picture.php

should be interesting for sure

And what I’m prolly most excited for
picture.php

Those are from 09 should get pretty good germ rates

I’ll also be cracking some other gear should be interesting for sure

Happy Times

I’m pouring tubes up this week with MS agar and Ga3 in half of them..

I wanna experiment with embryo rescue as well..
these will be good for that
From the mid 90’s I forget like where or who made them but..
G13 x blueberry x white widow
View Image

Have about 50-150 haven’t counted yet

then I’ll be cracking these
View Image

should be interesting for sure

And what I’m prolly most excited for
View Image
Those are from 09 should get pretty good germ rates

I’ll also be cracking some other gear should be interesting for sure

Cool, what’s Adonai? My bad if I asked and already forgot

DNL backcrosses? Nice- way to go oldschool. Like sour D’s distant family reunion haha

Happy Times

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

there’s a fraction of my shoe collection, let’s see yours my boi
I buy and sell shoes as a side hustle and keep whatever I fancy along the way
If I was actually looting maybe I would’ve worn something a hit sportier

Nice 1’s there

Are those in the last section Travis Scott’s? You got a few eh? Those sure seem coveted, not really up my alley (just personal taste) I mostly like Js ( 3 and 4 the best) and Air Max a distant 2nd, with Bron’s too

TPFTFW

Veteran
Cool, what’s Adonai? My bad if I asked and already forgot

DNL backcrosses? Nice- way to go oldschool. Like sour D’s distant family reunion haha

I’d have to go look at my notes for exact lineage, but it’s what’s attributed to Making almost all of the current “melon-watermelon” strains

it was made back in 05 I believe by the homies
This is a f3 most likely.
May also get some of the original beans
I got a realllly nice stock of diff stuff made with it probably also popping those this go as well

on the DNL note JJ sent me those the SS is super skunk.. most definitely gonna have some fun with whatever I find.. crossing it to the NL and the sour cuts I have if I get a male

I’ve smoked a decent amount of the D-DNL and seen a couple phenos.