What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of good infos, thanks guys ;)

Meanwhile an update on Line 1.
She's almost ready, fresh bud growth stopped during the last week, now it's just some more white pistils and the rest is fading, the buds are also getting some nice colors.

Line 1
View Image
View Image

Buds are chunky, heavy and dense, a great blend of all parents with mostly Panama terpenes, lovely combo.

A lot of gnats are dead but there are still some flying around, I think the yellow traps work well enough so I won't need more interventions until the end of Killer A5 flowering.

Next update, Killer A5 Haze(A5M).

Cheers

Sweet job looking fine :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Ok,
so the Line1 plant is harvested and I must say I'm very happy with how she turned out.
70 days of 12/12, maybe could go a week more but was more convenient for me to chop at 10 weeks. Was expecting this exact time frame when making this cross, or at least hoping for it :)

Buds are chunky, hard and they smell delicious, still dominated in the smell by Panama(Panalawi side but with more lemon) but the structure shows some extra genetics in action, definitely some Satori + Taskenti influence there.
Seems to be a fairly resistent hybrid and I'll keep working on it in the future. The clones are still alive so if all goes well, one will go outside and one will be kept for the next pollination, Line 1 F2. Don't know when but will try to work it further if the smoke will be good enough.

Line 1 before harvest, day 71
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Winter Haze update,
this one is as good as a plant can get.
Flowering and bulking like crazy, still in full bloom at 10 weeks, will probably have to go for 13-14 weeks until she ripens properly. the smells are still developing, not strong but very interesting, predominantly lemony soap with herbal oils and wood in the background.
Can't say which parent is dominant, seems pretty hazy with extra malawi attributes, not much nl5 here.
The colas are well developed and can easily support themselves for now. Since she's the only one left I tried to spread her wider but later opted for just a bit of defoliation and slightly more opened canopy. Time to get fat(under 11/13).

Killer A5 Haze a.k.a. A5M a.k.a. Winter Haze @71 days of 11,5/12,5
picture.php

picture.php

Cheers

ULMW

Stella work K.
You will love this one. I just finished some and now after a month curing she start open up and deliver pure niceness in every sip.
Lovely resinous plants as always from ACE

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Beautiful work koon!
Looking forward to a nice potency & aroma review after the chop & cure.
Looking delicious, great job!

Koondense

Veteran
I should be at Spannabis right now, toking some spanish herbs and having a great time...
Instead I gotta take care of this beautiful girl, nearing the harvest window and imagining how she will smoke :)
Tough times.

Anyway, here's one of the last picture updates of Killer A5 Haze, she's at 80 days.
picture.php

Like always I have a hard time when thinking of cutting my beauties and having an estimate on when to cut them. This girl will have at least 10 days more, maybe 2 weeks maximum. She has the lovely malawi smell plus something floral like a mix of berries and roses. Overall a medium mild aroma and very appealing.

Any indication or advice on harvest time is helpful, so far she had no mold or other issues(apart from gnats which are reduced to a minimum now) so I'll likely give her as long as she needs to become a full terpene filled resin bomb :) Probably 95 days if all goes well.

Take care of yourselves and stay healthy!

Cheers

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I should be at Spannabis right now, toking some spanish herbs and having a great time...
Instead I gotta take care of this beautiful girl, nearing the harvest window and imagining how she will smoke :)
Tough times.

Anyway, here's one of the last picture updates of Killer A5 Haze, she's at 80 days.
View Image

Like always I have a hard time when thinking of cutting my beauties and having an estimate on when to cut them. This girl will have at least 10 days more, maybe 2 weeks maximum. She has the lovely malawi smell plus something floral like a mix of berries and roses. Overall a medium mild aroma and very appealing.

Any indication or advice on harvest time is helpful, so far she had no mold or other issues(apart from gnats which are reduced to a minimum now) so I'll likely give her as long as she needs to become a full terpene filled resin bomb :) Probably 95 days if all goes well.

Take care of yourselves and stay healthy!

Cheers

A good indicator to chop is the decline in drinking. Then she is getting ready

Koondense

Veteran
A good indicator to chop is the decline in drinking. Then she is getting ready

I noticed it already, she drinks a quarter to third less compared to the last week so I gave her the last feed and will start flush in the coming days.
Thanks for the tip Sammy ;)

Oh, here's another picture of her
picture.php

Still a lot of new fresh white hairs, their decline is very slow. Maybe a bit too much N? Don't know, still looking good to me :)

Cheers

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
That looks great your doing a fine job mate. Hope she turns out to be a epic one.

Az

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking dangerous Koondense :yummy:

I think she will be ready very soon as soon as she ripen this last reflowering.
Hope you are doing fine in these crazy days friend.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks fellas,
doing great actually, enjoying the isolation all the way, good food and cuddles :)
It became a mild problem to visit my plants now in the times of distancing and avoiding public spaces but I can't let my plant be alone for too long, she gets lonely.

So here's an update, giving her just water and she's fading slowly, finally.
Seems as dubi said, the third reflowering will be the end mark for her, she will get down at around 95 days I guess, a bit longer than expected but who can expect anything these days... Smells are developing by the day, now getting stronger and even more pleasant.

Here are some pictures from day 88 of flowering schedule

Main cola
picture.php

Side cola
picture.php

Almost whole plant
picture.php

A part of me is thinking of letting her flower for 10 more days so she can be properly ripe but don't know how it will affect the spectrum of effects. Dubi, what is your suggestion, more time is better or is 95 days enough?
Feels like a luxury not to be concerned about mold or anything, this plant is sturdy and healthy as can be, also the RH and temps of air are very low for this time, so it's an option to go 100+ days if needed.
What would you do? I would freeze her in time so could look at her for eternity :)

Cheers

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
...you don't have to get real specific here- but are your plants not with you at home? Am I reading your post right?

Looking fantastic as always. It's a perfect representation of the picture used to sell the seeds originally. No confusion here.

Koondense

Veteran
Your reading is good :)
The plant in the official picture is(in my opinion) slightly more NH/haze influenced while my plant looks a bit more malawi to me. Could be wrong of course.
The smell is getting a bit sweeter and warmer, a great mix of a bit of everything.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense friend,

She is getting really voluptuous and sexy :D

Guess the appropriate harvest time depends mainly on your personal preference and how do you prefer to harvest these kind of sativa dom strains of trippy, complex and long lasting effects.
In my opinion, she could be harvested any time from now onwards, but i obviously cannot judge her in detail from here.

Malawi and the Haze hybrids from Neville (and therefore Killer A5 Haze too) really need to be harvested late so they can express all their flower potential, the flowers get even denser at the very end of flowering, calyxes get inflated and they produce even more resin. The effect becomes heavier and overwhelming.

As Sammy correctly pointed out, a good way to recognize whether they are finishing or not is to detect if they start to drink much lesser water.
After this point, senescence starts and terpenes could start to degrade fast so if that's the case better don't delay harvest.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the insight dubi,

the situation is still on the up trend, regarding resin and terpene production, might be at peak in next days. Regarding late flowering development it's exactly what i needed to know, to avoid early chop, i want this plant to be at peak maybe a couple days over. Seems i can afford it, days are very cold and dry so why not take advantage of it.

Nontheless her fade and resin will tell when the time comes, i think we'll go near 100 days.
My only fear is she'll be too potent and get me off guard :)

Also contemplating on saving some of A5M buds for the upcoming IC cup or Haze hybrids cup. We'll see what the future brings...
Meanwhile the clones are shooting off, there will be more of this beauty in the next runs ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts