What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lab tests of schwag

wisco61

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/33722-bring-me-your-schwag-need-samples/

One of the MMJ testing facilities in MI is running some tests on commercial bud. They are going to release a report on the findings eventually, but here's the preliminary post.

Northern Lab said:
We just completed our first round of purity and potency testing of street schwag, I will have a full write up done this week so everyone can take this info to their reps and senators in Lansing on the 7th.

As expected, there were lots of physical and chemical contaminants in all four of the samples. Not surprisingly, the cannabinoid levels were much lower than most medical grade cannabis, ranging from approximately 6-11% THC. Under a visual exam, we found evidence of mold and what appeared to be dirt or insect fecal particles in at least two of the four samples.

The big thing was the large amount of pesticides present in all the samples, some as high as 600 parts per million. All the pesticides we detected were present at levels 10-1000 times the tolerance levels established for food crops. Folks, please don't use this stuff, it is likely doing you more harm than good.

If anyone is interested in submitting samples (free of charge, of course) for the second edition of the Schwag Report, contact me or Bri and we'll make arrangements.

The three primary pesticides we detected were Permethrins, Cypermethrins, and beta-Cyluthrin.

Because some of the concentrations were as high as 600+ ppm, I wonder if some of this cannabis was sprayed with insecticide post harvest. Again, there is no way to tell, but 600 ppm of any of those substances is quite alarming.

Here is what was said about the samples submitted
LongHairBri, on 30 August 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:
that's the thing too. the "regs" quality is up lately. the samples I submitted were green and crystally. they were compressed buds but NOT the dirty brick weed I remember. seems they step up their game here.

I may have to get some sent to me from Louisanna or Texas. they don't have medical use and are closer to the source. thats the only times I've ever quit using was working down south. I'd rather do without than smoke rope!
---------------------

The samples actually looked pretty good under the scope, despite the contaminants. There were lots of trichomes, and very few, if any, seeds. I think you're right that they have stepped up their quality somewhat, it definitely looks better than the stuff I remember from my 20s.

G

guest86120975

I am very interested in seeing the results of this...please keep us updated.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Considering how awful is smells, and how gross it looks, this information doesn't come as a surprise.

-Funk

wisco61

BTW, they should also test Beasters in addition to schwag

I appreciate the information and look forward to your full report, however, i would need some valid comparators to be able to make any value judgements. Your test results for Cali' OD imports, local "corn" weed, and similarly priced (and as poorly grown) dispensary meds would allow the reader to bracket, rather than brand the low-end alternatives.
--------------------------------------------

I agree with that. This is just the beginning of our research on the subject. I wish we had a better idea of where this commercial product is coming from, but it's nearly impossible to find out - for obvious reasons.

I have performed pesticide tests on a number of dispensary and CG sourced meds, and they have all been very visually clean and 100% free of the pesticides we test for. Of course, the folks that have the pesticide test run already know that we're not going to see anything in their meds, because they don't use pesticides. They do it because they want proof of their claims for everyone to see.

For our next couple of rounds of the Schwag Report we will seriously consider including those other meds you mention in our screening.

I

Iron_Lion

Great post, and this is what makes marijuana a bad thing. I always tell people shwag is horse shit and they never the difference when they try some home grown organics. When you buy that garbage you never know what you are getting, as we see here it's sickening, mold, pesticide, chemical fertilizer, shit, dead bugs. I can see why mainstream morons can have such a problem with MJ when they see things like this because they don't realize there is better out there but this is just exception not the standard.

Sad thing is, Im sure there is quite a bit of domestic grown "higher end" herb that would test the same.

Sour Deez

What they are describing some people would try to pass off for 15/g here probably...

the schwag around me is not testing in double digit thc %..no way..

wisco61

Ya, it seems the people who are getting samples to him have too good of hookups. They need to send someone to the arcade to get some cat piss smelling mexi with 100 seeds in an 1/8th.

Yeah... about 2 years ago, when my virgin crop was receiving various forms of abuse in my cabinet, I bought my last bag of schwag. I thought I was going to vomit every time I inhaled. Literally gagging on the shit. Had to be mold and God knows what else. I ended up not smoking it and tried to make butter out of it. 3 or 4 grams of that shit, and it didn't even make decent butter. I do not miss buying weed on the street. By me, in the midwest, you have to find and maintain connections to get anything other than dirt weed. It is very rare that you can even get an ounce by me. Pretty much just 1/8's unless it is schwank.

diggdugg

Yep, nasty ass shity weed. I won't smoke that shit at all anymore. To think how long I thought it was great before I grew my own. Shakes head..

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Jesus for saving me from street weed, by getting 215 passed!

supermanlives

Veteran
not suprising at all. i have seen how some crops are tended in mexico.when they were doing heavy spraying for irradication of weed do you think they threw it away and said ooh this crop is ruined. hell no they say fuck them gringos ship it.

Latest posts

Latest posts