What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Caviar

I heard of the strain this week when an old friend showed up unexpectedly with Caviar, hash, and some drops of some kind. I'd love to complete a smoke report but don't know where the template is located. This is a sativa dominant weed that plays tricks with your eyes but I wouldn't say it's like tripping. Tripping has become used too loosely. Any questions/comments is appreciated.

Caviar = Durban marinated in TW oil for three weeks and rolled in TW keef.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am not an expert in Hash and cannot tell you how this compares relatively and I've smoked it only once. I'd love to learn more from any comments you may have.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 14

The Boys

The band he was in " Twisded Sister " made the song "I Wanna Rock" , and at least 1 other hit in the 70's i think

So, I'm usually more direct. What does he have anything to do with the hash? He must have made some good stuff.

Any comments on the weed? Is it one in the same as honey buds?

Now, I have been skeptical about posting any buds here because anything I post is incomplete, empty, without meaning because I didn't grow it. I didn't feel that way until I joined and began reading everything I could here. I could see how a non-grower would be intimidated here. But I'm still here. I admire and am envious of your world. So many seem so close. Like old times. Times I long for. We have gone wrong in these times. All together, this has inspired me to start thinking about growing. I gotta pay my dues starting with a seed. Now that's a bright light.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
sounds killa bro i dip my buds in oil somtimes but never for 3 wks must be insanity.
lol stop gettin it from twisted sister rotfflmao my hash got hair in it to ... lol

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
I heard about this 'Caviar' a while back; a couple local dispensaries carried 'caviar' and I was given a gram or so to 'sample'...

Here's my impression: :2cents:
These were the ugly buds, that either weren't selling, or were deemed 'undesirable'; (perhaps they were tumbled, had 'hermied', had a low trich count, or were moldy, etc.), that they then attempted to "doll up", with some low quality oil and rolled in keif, (neither of which were probably selling either.)

...By taking all of the stuff that wasn't selling, (or 'sell-able'), combining it all; sort of disguising it's low quality in the process, and coming out with a whole new 'product' to hawk to unsuspecting patients, rubes and "custies".

And while I'm sure that someone, somewhere has made some super killer "caviar", sadly that's probably not the norm; particularly not at 'street level', as they would probably hoard the good stuff for themselves and family...

...I hope this was the case with what you tried and that you enjoyed it!! :) I'm sure it's great, if made w/ the goods!!

:smoke out:

I

Iron_Lion

Im with Natty looks like a cunning way to make sub-par buds more desirable. Not diggin the pubes in the hash :puke:

fabvariousk

Veteran
So do you buy two 800 dollar lbs of cali outdoor goodness.
Then shake the hell out of one and make oil out of the other.
Then dip the buds in the oil and roll them in the shake.
Creating a 2000 lb.
Who is glad they make there own meds?

You made a pretty good guess Natty but not perfect on the stuff I got. Here's the thing, I have smoked it 7 times already: 3 were thru 3 SG bubbler hits, 1 vape, 1 doobe, 2 in small glass pipe. I sampled different parts of the buds each time. Always the first medicine of the day. I broke them up with my fingers just enough to burn them well and evenly. One note I made is some buds flaked/brittled (freezer?) and were dryer than others, while the fresher ones remained stringy and spongy like sticky putty you could mold and change its shape.

On 4 occasions, the medicine did not reduce my pain as much as a couple of Cali strains I have (3 Kings and hempstar - probably grown by one of our members hehe). But the other three times, twice in bubbler, once in pipe were impressive medication sessions. It was noticeably stronger than my other strains. It took a good 20 minutes during which I recall little as though it was 2 minutes before my senses and awareness were elevated so ever very gently and smoothly to levels that really messed with my eye sight and generated great energy and concentration skills but with this heavy numb body and tired feeling simultaneously with yawn after yawn until it gave way to a strong, smooth, pleasant old school sativa buzz. Even the secada sound from the woods at night sounded like violins.

These were brought from Denver by a verified credible source who had an ownership interest in two dispensaries that were just sold. That doesn't mean I believe everything he says tho'. I'm told that much of the inventory was not sold with the business and the owners ended up with, among other things, various grades and prices of this treated weed that were mixed all together by an owner by mistake, with the top shelf being durban marinated in TW oil and selling for $55/g. Is it true, who cares? The price was right to me. He wants to take me to Denver and teach me to grow. The dream.

Generally, I just prefer the pure natural weed. I prefer not to mix my strains in any one day until I intimately know exactly what and who that strain does and is. I cannot stand it when a weed doesn't know what to be or who it is and is all confused. It's not medicine regardless of its potency percentage. It just doesn't leave you with much benefit. Perhaps the difference comes because of the perspective of the grower?

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Hi SantaMartaGold; :)
All that really matters, is that you like it and that it provides medicinal effects for you.

Chief on, SantaMartaGold! :smoker:
And try to take good care of yourself!
:wave:

señorsloth

Veteran
lol
So do you buy two 800 dollar lbs of cali outdoor goodness.
Then shake the hell out of one and make oil out of the other.
Then dip the buds in the oil and roll them in the shake.
Creating a 2000 lb.
you can buy outdoor in cali for 800 a pound? lol you could sell it for a lot more than 2000 a pound just by bringing it to the midwest...you wouldn't need to throw away an 800 dollar pound of weed just to oil up a second pound. unless it was poop that is, seems to me there is only 2 reasons to do this, to make something people might think is good out of some bad product nobody would buy, or to use completely top notch oil and buds to make something incredible, maybe to make oil products easier to carry around, to be honest i have thought about doing something similar although i never thought 3 weeks would be necessary, maybe just half an hour at like 110 degrees?

i suppose if it was just a scheme to polish shit you could make oil from wild hemp, for pretty much free, though it would have no potency, hell you could even keif the stuff too, it's pretty sugary, the stuff that grows by the field here in the midwest, the stuff around my house smells like bubblegum when it's ripe. seems a shifty dude could harvest a ton of it when it's ripe, make a few ounces of worthless keif and oil out of it, and use that to dress up any really super horse shit looking buds he has to sell, since the oil is only as expensive as the butane used to make it and will not only add weight, but disguise whatever moldy, beastery, spidermite marked, nasty dusty old attic smelling pot the dealer gets suckered into buying...and on top of that probably sell it for an extra ten bucks a sac.

lol i'm sure nobody probably does that, hell i didn't know anybody actually tried to make this pot/hash hybrid. though i have thought about trying something similar for personal use...maybe i should go on a harvest spree this fall and get me a bunch of hemp oil and kief...scam the town for a while till they run me out with torches and pitchforks for finding a way to cut nugs with hemp...naaa lol i could never....

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
señorsloth: maybe i should go on a harvest spree this fall and get me a bunch of hemp oil and kief...scam the town for a while till they run me out with torches and pitchforks for finding a way to cut nugs with hemp...naaa lol i could never....
:biglaugh:
I love angry mob references!
I'm glad you conscience overwhelmed your 'scamster' urges, señorsloth; Jiminy Cricket would be proud! ;)

Toke on, brothers and sisters!! :smoker: :smoke out:
:witch: