What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Tent Grow - 40cm x 40cm 100w LED (CXB3590) Unknown Strain

Brother Nature

Conclusion

Conclusion

So in the end I got roughly 86g of bud out of this tent. Given the LED was running at about 60w of light that's a decent pull in my mind (1.43g/watt). Overall I'm pretty happy with it, though I wish I anticipated the stretch and was able to curb the heat/humidity issues early in flower, probably would have improved the smell and overall yield.

The plant itself was good but I didn't anticipate such a long flowering sativa. The potency wasn't really what I would have liked, but the high itself was very good, uplifting typically sativaish, smoke all day and not burn out bud. I don't feel like I did it justice, but it was a completely unknown seed so I'm still happy with the results.

Have gotten the grow bug back now too. Bought a 300w cxb3590(6 cobs, 320w driver) setup, 1.2m tent, and have started germinating the next round.

Thanks to those of you who stopped in.

picture.php

R

Rab.C

hey Brother Nature that was an excellent result i would be happy with that.i cant wait too
try led growing if it turns out good for me i would buy another led...i am looking forward too your next grow with the new light...

Hey brother, have you considered a top up system to keep the blumat operating consistently? Have a smallish elevated reservoir to supply the blumat, and pump water up into it on timed intervals from a res on the ground. A overflow from the elevated reservoir returning to the feeder tank will prevent it from overflowing. Say every 5h the timer comes on, pumps water to the elevated res until it fills and returns excess to the lower res via the overflow. This keeps the head presure acting on the blumat consistent and also mixes the solution.

Jammal

Nice run.

I think with what you got the best bet would be to do a tight scrog and go for highest quality you can , by focus the growing into the light beam even... medium to short hybrid.

Brother Nature

Hey brother, have you considered a top up system to keep the blumat operating consistently? Have a smallish elevated reservoir to supply the blumat, and pump water up into it on timed intervals from a res on the ground. A overflow from the elevated reservoir returning to the feeder tank will prevent it from overflowing. Say every 5h the timer comes on, pumps water to the elevated res until it fills and returns excess to the lower res via the overflow. This keeps the head presure acting on the blumat consistent and also mixes the solution.

Hey mate, thanks, that's a good idea. I'm still working on a res design for the new run, I am trying to be as simple as possible though, if I was going to use pumps and the like, I would have just gone with drippers and DTW. I'll be using 6-12 blumats in the next run and I understand the need for consistent pressure after this run (was the first time I've used them for a cannabis grow), but I'd just like to try to do everything as simple as possible. I'll keep that design in mind though if I can't figure out something else.

Nice run.

I think with what you got the best bet would be to do a tight scrog and go for highest quality you can , by focus the growing into the light beam even... medium to short hybrid.

Yeah ,this tent will now become my testing things tent and I will be putting a screen in it, a scrog would have been way more manageable in this small space. Was thinking I'd try different organic soil mixes and have it be my personal smoke tent. :)

Very nice.
good.gif
Those sure are some hairy buds! Lots of pistols.

Thanks man. They're certainly the hairiest buds I've smoked in a while, it makes for a cool look, but doesn't really add to the smoke. I've always wondered if the pistil formation can be due to environmental factors or if it's strictly a genetic thing. Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on that out there, but I'm sure there are people on here who would know.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've noticed myself that the pistols can make the bud a bit harsh. A friend of mine a while back had a freezer bag full of Jack Herer, hairiest bud I've seen in person... Looked a lot like your's actually. Anyway, when he got to the bottom of it, it was just full of orange hairs.

When we tried smoking a bowl of them we coughed very hard without even getting a buzz. This was back before I knew what Jack Herer even was. Mispronouncing it and going by the looks we called it "Jack hair" thinking it was because of all the little orange hairs that covered it. Later when I started reading up on strains more I saw what the actual name was and had a bit of a laugh over it.

Latest posts

Latest posts