What's new

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Sunshineinabag

you and i would get along then ^^^^^^
lmao ive spent 500 hours there in the last few months watching the most obscure but entertaining stuff

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I read this article about certain movies being referred to as Acid Westerns. Most of them are from the late 60's and early 70's. Some of these include early performances by Jack Nicholson and Dennis Hopper. But the early 90's movie Dead Man is also on the list. Quite a few of these movies are on Amazon Prime, including the hard to find Greaser's Palace, but not, sadly, the cult fave, Zachariah.

Here's a link to the article> LINK
Enjoy!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Not sure if already mentioned but a powerful documentary streaming on Prime: "I Am Not Your Negro"

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
When you get really desperate & you want an amazingly long series . . .

Resurrection Ertugrul on Netflix. It has an astounding 448 x 44 minute episodes. In Turkish with English subtitles.

It is the story of the pre-birth of the Ottoman Empire in the 13th century. A big budget Turkish soap opera that is very, very roughly based on historical fact. Ertugrul was the father of Osman I - the 1st Sultan of the fledgling Ottoman Empire. With a big dose of Islam throughout, this was a smash hit in Turkey, Pakistan & some other Muslim countries. So not everybody's cup of tea certainly. But if you use the fast fwd button frequently, you can burn through episodes & waste an enormous amount of time. I find it an interesting window into the mindset of much of the Musilm world.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
stargate sg1 on prime, when youre done with that, atlantis gets better every season.

then when youre done that, sg1 again.

it's a pattern i love to adhere to.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It would cost you $3.99 on Amazon Prime to rent Ralph Bakshi's animated version of Lord of the Rings (1978). You can rent it on YouTube too. Totally worth it, great stoner movie, put your stoner goggles on and enjoy this feast for red eyes!
[youtubeif]AT18OJEPU9Q&list=PLhoG7Tljmp9-dJCKVge1PGFTuYHla78AC[/youtubeif]

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Oh man, thats the worst part. Got youtubetv, prime, hulu, netflix and appletv. It's still tough to find good stuff.

So far, Breaking Bad, Better call Saul, and Homeland have been the best series.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Oh man, thats the worst part. Got youtubetv, prime, hulu, netflix and appletv. It's still tough to find good stuff.

Check out Ozark on Netflix.

St. Phatty

there's lots of good TV series.

it's interesting to watch how they manage the ending.

wish we could sit down with the writers to say,

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ?"

either in admiration or shock.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah, one would think they would plan the endings well before the ending and have things tie together but that doesn't happen very often.

Got a few new ideas to check out here.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just finished season 5 of Better Call Saul. It's off to a slow start in season 1 but it keeps getting better and end of season 5 is wow when's #6 going to be live?
CC

White Beard

It would cost you $3.99 on Amazon Prime to rent Ralph Bakshi's animated version of Lord of the Rings (1978). You can rent it on YouTube too. Totally worth it, great stoner movie, put your stoner goggles on and enjoy this feast for red eyes!
[youtubeif]AT18OJEPU9Q&list=PLhoG7Tljmp9-dJCKVge1PGFTuYHla78AC[/youtubeif]
I have never been able to enjoy the rotographing process (or whatever it’s called), no matter who’s used it. Unfortunately for me, Bakshi used it in everything, it seems.

A shame...I really wanted to like Wizards....

Yeah, one would think they would plan the endings well before the ending and have things tie together but that doesn't happen very often.

Got a few new ideas to check out here.
Since Babylon 5, TV has moved largely toward long-arc storytelling. I think that’s great, but it plays hell with things when a series gets cancelled. It happened to B5, in fact: they were cancelled, and ended up finishing their long arc war in season four of five projected...but then they were picked up for a fifth season...and everything was out of synch, as with the war wrapped up, a major leg of the production and a replacement had to be improvised...not my favorite ending.

Lost was a great example of a great show with the worst ending ever. If you’ve never seen it, spare yourself.

Firefly was another 5-year arc, but it barely got one season on the screen. They tried to wrap it up with a movie, but that stabbed everyone who eventually saw the 13 existing episodes. I wish I had not seen Serenity before Firefly.

Dollhouse was another: great first season (or two?), and then they had a short season to “wrap up”. More successful, but a great thought-provoking show gone anyway.

Wonderfalls, Lie To Me, Defying Gravity were simply cut right off, like Firefly, no wrap-up, no endings. Hanging mid-air. Even with the abrupt cutoffs, that’s some really great television, if you can find them on your streams.

Agents of SHIELD I mentioned before is stunning in so many ways, it’s closing down with season 7 now - can be streamed on Netflix. Next-level stuff, tied in with the Marvel Universe movies (parallel). I’m rewatching it now.

Disney has the Harry Potter stuff, but not for me. The Mandalorian is reported to be not very interesting. Finally saw Star Wars rise of Skywalker, and I just don’t see what all the hate is about. It was crowded and too fast, but no sillier, cheesier, cornier or less watchable than the first (SW4, A New Hope). Perfectly enjoyable as, and hung together as well as, Luke, Leia, and the rest of the band in the old days.

Captain Marvel, OTOH, just goes through the motions, a no-frills origin story. As such things go, Ant Man was *much* better than it needed to be.

Guess I’ll have to go watch more stuff now....

G

Anybody watched Altered Carbon ? First season wasn’t bad but second season went way off the rails. Admittedly going from a book to movie or tv is tough with books. Loved the books for years.