What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

M

moose eater

up to the shops today to see what has changed in the herd mentality.

Take your hazmat suit, mask, helmet, nitrile gloves, side-arm, can of Raid, can of Lysol, wipes, one of those extendable grabbers for reaching things you can't or shouldn't touch directly, a 6.5 ft. staff to swing around you in a circular motion to mandate proper social distancing, and if you can still carry it, a camera and camcorder for verifying your findings; otherwise some may question the validity of your findings, noyd.

Good luck, and if we never hear from you again, we'll concoct 1,001 scenarios as to what likely happened to you. And they'll ALL be correct. Trust me. :biggrin:

Edit: See, you don't need to venture to town to observe herd mentality. You have ICM!! :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Take your hazmat suit, mask, helmet, nitrile gloves, side-arm, can of Raid, can of Lysol, wipes, one of those extendable grabbers for reaching things you can't or shouldn't touch directly, a 6.5 ft. staff to swing around you in a circular motion to mandate proper social distancing,

I have a friend who says he does just about all that. Has the P-100 dual cartrige mask, like spray painters use. I asked him to have his wife get a pic of that sillyness. He has a beard and wears a gaitor over it so the mask has a chance to seal. I have been trying to scare him into shaving it off LOL.

Gotta have fun somehow.

M

moose eater

I have a friend who says he does just about all that. Has the P-100 dual cartrige mask, like spray painters use. I asked him to have his wife get a pic of that sillyness. He has a beard and wears a gaitor over it so the mask has a chance to seal. I have been trying to scare him into shaving it off LOL.

Gotta have fun somehow.

These days I wear a variety of P100s, shaved a fairly stout beard, wear re-used, chronically sterilized nitrile gloves, and wipe down everything coming home while still in the parking lot, whether mail, groceries, or hardware.

I suspect folks perceive me to be an elderly version of 'Sheldon' from Big bang Theory...:biggrin:

I joked with the woman at Costco when I called about a new router, telling her I'd be the guy in the Darth Vader mask, & I was bringing a 6.5 ft. staff to swing over my head in a horizontal rotation, to mandate the social distancing minimum; she seemed to know I was joking.

On more than one occasion, when wearing my Darth-Vader-looking P100 VOC (all-inclusive anti-contaminant) mask, I've walked up to the cashier and said, "I'm your father, Luke." Surprisingly few 'get it.' I may have to stop using that line. Too little pay-off for the effort. :)

I figure, in the end, the Virus, if present, will attach to clothes, hair, what ever, and short of a true hazmat suit, it's with you. The question is 'what surface is it on?' as to how long the 'life' of the thing is (*See johns-Hopkins list of various materials and length of viability), and what environment has it been brought into, as well as how much agitation or movement has the item it's attached to apt to endure.. That'll dictate some of the seriousness of the stuff.

There's no 100% for safety in this; there's greater or lesser.

I know that no matter how attractive or assertive in affection a chick is, I'm not kissing her if I don't have a -solid- idea of who she's been with, or where, or how long, or under what circumstances.:biggrin:

That said, part of my humor was to do with -ALL- of our suppositions, given nearly -any- circumstances, unknowns or unanswered questions, and many of us are absolutely certain we're right, or have an inside scoop.

In that, I was mocking the 'herd mentality' noyd was referencing.

I'm about half-looped now, and headed into a bag of weed to twist a decent joint. I'm thinking Super Lemon Haze-ish…

Cutting down my older mothers, no longer needing them, as they've been recently replaced by fresh, young cuts. Once again, I've reminded myself of the short-comings created by procrastination; cutting them down when green and alive would've made a WHOLE lot less mess, than cutting them down dry and crumbly. What a clusterfuck!!:laughing:

M

moose eater

Get the best deals on Free Laptops ?

With the mask and all, I've tended to tread very gently on robbery jokes... .which is not to say I haven't cautiously, and in a metered manner, made a few.... though typically -only- on more friendly or slow-to-respond turf. It's one of those things a person has to gauge very carefully.

A place where poor delivery in humor might have all sorts of consequences beyond not getting the laugh that was sought.:biggrin:

Edit: I did tell the store clerk over the phone that the mask, staff, and other gear wouldn't be accompanied by a handgun, or at least not one in plain-view. She chuckled, so I assumed she was either cued into my humor, or it was a nervous laugh and she did very well in expressing it without revealing her inner quiver, or the training about the customer always being right and needing to feel at home, is way over the top there. :)

A

anoydas 666

I thought I was seing things n I was, a ZONKY=ZEBRA-DONKY CROSS.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

M

moose eater

So they have LSD and amazingly attractive babes in your 'hood, too, noyd?? Cool. :)

A

anoydas 666

plenty o that mate, must of found a semi load of 10 pack toilet paper at the super market this morning, plenty but only I per person.hospital shut for big clean.

M

moose eater

I was trying to put the hold on going in for our regular Tuesday store stuff, hoping to put it off until Thursday (which I could still do), but a particular young man around here, nick-named 'Jethro', seems to have put a serious hurt on the milk stocks.

I don't use the stuff, but for baking, gravy, or my sometimes-aperitif, but…. we'll see.

Still have 1/3 of a box of nitrile gloves as we're recycling and sterilizing them, 2 larger cans of spray-type Lysol with about 1/3 of a can each, and another that's over half, what ought to be near a life-time supply of Lysol wipes that we had laying around here for years with scant purpose until recently, and our collection of masks.

If not for the milk, we have sufficient grub here now for several weeks and then some... Several months or more as far as meat/protein is concerned.

Another time that milking nanny goats would be mighty cool, assuming we had sufficient grain supply.

Edit: That red-haired beauty, noyd; is she a neighbor of yours? If so, can I visit?

A

anoydas 666

I was trying to put the hold on going in for our regular Tuesday store stuff, hoping to put it off until Thursday (which I could still do), but a particular young man around here, nick-named 'Jethro', seems to have put a serious hurt on the milk stocks.

I don't use the stuff, but for baking, gravy, or my sometimes-aperitif, but…. we'll see.

Still have 1/3 of a box of nitrile gloves as we're recycling and sterilizing them, 2 larger cans of spray-type Lysol with about 1/3 of a can each, and another that's over half, what ought to be near a life-time supply of Lysol wipes that we had laying around here for years with scant purpose until recently, and our collection of masks.

If not for the milk, we have sufficient grub here now for several weeks and then some... Several months or more as far as meat/protein is concerned.

Another time that milking nanny goats would be mighty cool, assuming we had sufficient grain supply.

Edit: That red-haired beauty, noyd; is she a neighbor of yours? If so, can I visit?

no visiting rights is a one owner.not Jethro tull?

M

moose eater

no visiting rights is a one owner.not Jethro tull?

Bummer on the red-head visit. Figured I was due for some bad news today, noyd.:biggrin:

No, 'Jethro', as in 'Jethro Bodeen' of the Beverly Hillbillies television program, from many years ago; still on cable t.v. some places.

He (Jethro Bodeen) was known for his large size (not fat, but BIG), rope for a belt around his cut-off shorts, swimming in the 'cement pond,' and a cereal bowl that most would mix cakes in.

My wife bought our youngest, our own personal 'Jethro', a larger bowl a couple years ago for his birthday or Christmas, identified as HIS bowl, but these days I'm not certain that it's quite big enough.

Sometimes when he's been in a growth spurt, I've looked on in mild horror, as he consumed 1-2 breakfasts, a couple lunches, a HUGE dinner, and snacks in between...

He's a couple inches taller than I am (which isn't saying a lot), not fat at all, strong as an ox, and doesn't look it, but a bit over 200 lbs.

I'm thinking this 'growth spurt'' stuff may put dents into many folks' budgets in similar ways as medical insurance and rent or mortgage payments. I'm told it's time-limited, but I'm not sure yet. :)

A

anoydas 666

yes we know Jethro very well known down in the land down under, show is still going on foxtel, crazy show . MAX BAER was his father, yank boxing champ.