What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 Purple Kush hydro setup

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Also that weed was done by spinpro?. Good looking enough for me. Time to order 1

everything is good man thanks for clearing that up much love...
the spin pro works great and cuts time down by days i'm looking for something bigger now i'm hooked on trimmers now i couldnt done a better job

L-Immortal

Yeah buddy, nice work DG and now to the million dollar question.

Although this is your first run with the LVPK would you say she's top 3 in your stable? You had the nyc piff,trainwreck,ssh,bbb and not sure if there was another. What are your top 3 in order?

One Love 731

Veteran
I just don't understand what happened with your BBB, mine came out amazing. I have noticed they do much better from a healthy mother with 5+ finger leafs. I just cant imagine tossing it. I need to grab more pics as this batch matures, Im running maybe 70 half and half BBB/PK. It looks like ya did a great job. Karma, One Love

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dominicangreen again.

P

purplesupremacy

Congrats on the harvest...

Although the SpinPro did a pretty good job of removing the leaves and giving a decent overall appearance, it also did a pretty good job of removing almost every single resin gland from the surface and leaving behind a fuzzy peach appearance due to gland-less stalks. Not trying to hate on the SpinPro, just noticing things...

G

Guest 150314

Congrats on the harvest...

Although the SpinPro did a pretty good job of removing the leaves and giving a decent overall appearance, it also did a pretty good job of removing almost every single resin gland from the surface and leaving behind a fuzzy peach appearance due to gland-less stalks. Not trying to hate on the SpinPro, just noticing things...

I agree, friends were using them for awhile but thankfully were convinced to stop. It saves time and money but all the spinning knocks off the trichome heads. I also noticed the machine trimmed buds will have random stems from the fan leaves still sticking out that get missed by the machine.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Well that sucks! I wonder, however, if freezing the buds would reduce the incidence of this ...

I think if frozen or dried the crystals would be MORE likely to fall off with spinning around.

I know this strain VERY well and I doubt many glands are knocked off. The glands are VERY sticky when first chopped and gum up scissors perhaps they coated the blades and rack with sitcky hash, but there should be no dry sieve action going from the plants until they have dried for several days.

:joint:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
nice run dg, got to agree about the bbb, It's some straight fools gold...looks like a gem but thats where it all ends, doesn't taste that good...and I honestly think it barely gets me stoned, I've got 2 more weeks on my pk and im missin it.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
nice run dg, got to agree about the bbb, It's some straight fools gold...looks like a gem but thats where it all ends, doesn't taste that good...and I honestly think it barely gets me stoned, I've got 2 more weeks on my pk and im missin it.

Well the BBB is the best smelling and 10 of 10 bag appeal, and ready at 49days.

You are correct that BBB high is not as good as the PK and it is way tougher to trim, and it is tougher to grow.... I think as OneLove said it can yield and some people can't handle the strength of PK, so we are all tempted to have other strains in the garden. I'm going to try another few BBB and take clones, but those clones may never see flower.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
HEY bro dominicangreen cheers, al what i see looks a real candy, should be a serious one , keep up the great job man!!!

shit if i spent that much on a spinpro i would use the crap out of it,,,,
for me it scissors or notin..

as fa ras the PK its slowly takin over my garden,,,trimmin her isnt a problem ..
when your buds are coke can size..trimmin is a breeze

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Well the BBB is the best smelling and 10 of 10 bag appeal, and ready at 49days.

You are correct that BBB high is not as good as the PK and it is way tougher to trim, and it is tougher to grow.... I think as OneLove said it can yield and some people can't handle the strength of PK, so we are all tempted to have other strains in the garden. I'm going to try another few BBB and take clones, but those clones may never see flower.

agreed, bag appeal beyond belief and she always yeilded well for me....and then...it stops

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 LVPK in flower for a taste tester, just a small girl in a one gallon. 12 more LVPK clones rooting for an organic soil run, cannot wait to see what this shit is all about!

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Yeah buddy, nice work DG and now to the million dollar question.

Although this is your first run with the LVPK would you say she's top 3 in your stable? You had the nyc piff,trainwreck,ssh,bbb and not sure if there was another. What are your top 3 in order?

pk has made nyc piff look like a walk in the park in order would say 1 pk 2 nyc piff 3 ssh 4 tw 5 ai 6 bbb