What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash Infused Jolly Ranchers

Imona Potboard

Undoubtedly, Joly Ranchers are the greatest hard candy to have ever been produced. I imagine any homemade hard candy I make will never live up to a J.R..

So cant I just melt down the worlds greatest candy and mix in some BHO or quality kief?

According to the experts at 'Yahoo answers', people melt down store bought candies all the time for ginger bread houses and other projects. They recommend bringing it up to 300 degrees just like most any canna recipe I have seen.

All difficulties of normal candy making aside, is anyone aware of any reason this wont work?

This is the best Bubble Hash Candy recipe I"ve tried to date. This is a friend of mines instructions. His candies are needless to say some of the best.

3 3/4 cp. sugar
1 3/4 cp. lite syrup
1 cp. water
3 1/2 grm. hash ,dissolved in 1 tspn. cooking oil
1 dram flavor oil

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT hash,stir on med heat til ingredients turn clearish..at 200* add hash and let boil to 300*,pull from heat add flavor,pour into molds or on oiled cookie sheet.when cool.scribe and break out candy..hope this helps...Candy thermometer required..Have patience it takes a while to boil til 300* about 10-15 min.

‎*tip:Dissolve your hash in a teaspoon of cookin oil before sdding to candy mix,This allows for better infusion of the hash to your candy...Besure to remove at 300* as the hash will disapaite at 340*

temps in Fahrenheit

Imona Potboard

I would imagine if this works, it will hold true for melting and reforming most any confection.

chocolate
butterscotch
peppermint
caramel
jellies
taffy
gummy bears

There are a million possibilities here.

I think it's safe to say that most people out there cooking with weed, aren't trying to compete with Hershey and their consumers would just as well eat their favorite candy. So why not we dump all these recipes and just start altering the best store bought candies. We are stoners after all, not ground breaking candy makers.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
what do u suggest imona? melting jolly ranchers with some hash in it and then harden it?

Imona Potboard

pretty much, daheadies.

when making anything without a cannabutter, you are just infusing oil, hash, kief, etc to the food. I see all these recipes with people making candy from scratch. I just cant imagine why you need to this or that your candy will be as good as anything you can buy.

So yes, I propose melting any candy you want to the proper temperature (250-300f), mixing in your resins, and pouring in to a new mold.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Well I happen to be a candy fanatic and a heavy medicator, as well as happened to make some hash last night.. Ill try it and let ya know..
Should I dissolve the hash into oil still before mixing into the melted jolly rancher?
Does it need to be heated w/ the oil so the oil extracts/activates the thc?

T

Tr33

nope won't work.
you can not reheat and add additives to candy.
go study the science behind sugar and candy making
all you will do is break the molecular bonds and destroy
the candy making it a pile of burnt sugar chunks.

Don't waste your oil or butter this way.

Make your own hard candy, it's real easy.
use only BHO or QWISO
butter infused with herb will not work
your candy will not harden correctly

T

Tr33

nope won't work.

use only BHO or QWISO

TyChe

I am actually! I am a culinary chef and executive pastry chef.

I am actually! I am a culinary chef and executive pastry chef.

I would imagine if this works, it will hold true for melting and reforming most any confection.

chocolate
butterscotch
peppermint
caramel
jellies
taffy
gummy bears

There are a million possibilities here.

I think it's safe to say that most people out there cooking with weed, aren't trying to compete with Hershey and their consumers would just as well eat their favorite candy. So why not we dump all these recipes and just start altering the best store bought candies. We are stoners after all, not ground breaking candy makers.
Just be sure to add some for of an invert sugar to the mix. About 1 fl oz of corn syrup while you are melting it down should help with re-crystallization of the sugar. Be sure not to srape the sugar crystals from the side of the pan when melting it down and add a little water too. Also remember water boils at a different temp at different elevations. The temp of the melt down will increase dramatically after 275 degrees f. You should pull your melt at about 290 degrees f. That way you will end up not burning your sugar cause it caramelizes at 300..... hope this helps have fun.....

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Just be sure to add some for of an invert sugar to the mix. About 1 fl oz of corn syrup while you are melting it down should help with re-crystallization of the sugar. Be sure not to srape the sugar crystals from the side of the pan when melting it down and add a little water too. Also remember water boils at a different temp at different elevations. The temp of the melt down will increase dramatically after 275 degrees f. You should pull your melt at about 290 degrees f. That way you will end up not burning your sugar cause it caramelizes at 300..... hope this helps have fun.....

Thanx for the tip on not scraping the sides. Habit I guess!

TyChe

for sure. I have had a batch during a comp. you will watch it crystallize instantly. It sucks.....happy pharming.....

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i'm not an executive pastry chef

i'm not an executive pastry chef

This is the best Bubble Hash Candy recipe I"ve tried to date. This is a friend of mines instructions. His candies are needless to say some of the best.

3 3/4 cp. sugar
1 3/4 cp. lite syrup
1 cp. water
3 1/2 grm. hash ,dissolved in 1 tspn. cooking oil
1 dram flavor oil

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT hash,stir on med heat til ingredients turn clearish..at 200* add hash and let boil to 300*,pull from heat add flavor,pour into molds or on oiled cookie sheet.when cool.scribe and break out candy..hope this helps...Candy thermometer required..Have patience it takes a while to boil til 300* about 10-15 min.

‎*tip:Dissolve your hash in a teaspoon of cookin oil before sdding to candy mix,This allows for better infusion of the hash to your candy...Besure to remove at 300* as the hash will disapaite at 340*

temps in Fahrenheit
is the lite syrup the same as KARO?
thnx:tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
nope won't work.

use only BHO or QWISO

Right on the money. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

castout

Veteran
This is how I make mine.....3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 stick BUDDER
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 (3-ounce) box cherry gelatin dessert
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray