Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 PM #1
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to behold
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Ok , Hi Everyone , Im Boyd Crowder, how are you , damn your eyes...(johnny cash)
This is my first grow,I sincerely hope you will grab a bucket of (bubbles) popcorn and join the show.

Ill get to poppin them nugs..

Background:

I quit cigs nye 1999. Im a lifelong pothead, started at 13 and im pushing 45. 30 odd years ...

I found out I like vaping by accident. My close friend turned me onto some wax n a stik and kinda fell into the whole scene. I bought a wax stik and some vape sticks and reacquired the habit of smoking nicotine again.

A weird thing happened: I bought some vape kit (ALOT over time TBH) and found some flavors I liked with nico (natch). My weed intake fell off ~80% as a result. Unexpected on my part. I still love to get a buzz, but Ive found I get alot more shit accomplished in life if I dont smoke 7-10 blunts a day.

So... I decided to make the thc vapeables and discovered youtube and SkunkPharm had a wealth of info. I made some. It was ... underwhelming.

I must say , I have a REALLY high tolerance for thc at this point in life. The beta testers loved my ejuice , but I felt there was more to be had from my perspective. I couldnt afford high grade source to slop in a pot on the stovetop and infuse just so I could take a pull in the meat isle of the local supermarket.

So I decided against my better judgement to put matters into my own hands.If I want to make kickass ejuice and wax, Id better control the entire chain.

Which leads me here. I too, did the whole "I watched a zillion videos and forum posts and now im growing" thing. Thing is, none of that research prepares you for actually breaking the law and creating a grow environment for MMJ. Actually doing it is what is teaching me more than a thousand hours on youtube ever could.

I decided my budget and started acquiring gear in january.

I had a budget of $1000.

I didnt worry about seeds or cuts, I assumed it would come in the the gathering faze. I was correct. Not everyone will have that result but I live in a large city and craigslist came through as I suspected.

So , in gathering, I met a IC member who LISTENED to me. I told him, "I wanna make medicine, topicals , vapeables and orals, for my wife who has rheumatoid arthritis, My mom who's early alzheimers , my immediate family and myself who has fair skin (freckles) and need treatment for skin cancers and dry spots". He gave me some Herijuana IBL and some Star Kush F2 seeds and said, "heres what you need".

I didnt pay much attention at the time , cause he also had some kit he was liquidating and I was all high on the deal.

Turns out , he knew exactly what he gifted me. The harrys are a very high thc breed (~28%), somewhat rare and sought after. The star kush , while 5% lower in thc, are another medicinal breed right there in my sweet zone.

So here I am, expanding the budget, cause I think I want another light and want to go full on rdwc.
Will you walk with me on this 1500$ beginners journey for some medicinal harvests ?

My goals:
Make some new friends
Keep it under 1500$
Get .5-1 gpw
Recoup the 1500$ investment.
create a fully operational def star (rdwc).
Grow some high quality source medicine.
Acquire experts knowledge on our dark arts.
Make some kickass vapes and wax.
Gather info for future grows.
keep anal data.
take some great pics.
Get down to the nth degree on the entire grow.

So yeah , if you wanna see some seedlings pics , can i get a hellzyeah?

***EDIT-9/2017 Update!!***
Id like to say after growing for 36 months now, dont do what i did;
dont spend 1500$ on hydro gear, especially dwc stuff
Save your money and go organic - spend those savings on quality gear - either elite clones or highend seeds

My Grows:
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - New
Thinking Verticle 101: The Build and Grow Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:35 PM #2
chefbudz

chefbudz has a spectacular aura aboutchefbudz has a spectacular aura aboutchefbudz has a spectacular aura aboutchefbudz has a spectacular aura about
Hellzyeah!
chefbudz is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2015, 10:40 PM #3
Wendull C.

Wendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to allWendull C. is a name known to all
How many watts?
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2015, 11:45 PM #4
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to behold
So i gotta hellzyeah and a how many watts!

Heress to the hellzyeah

I have some germ trays that aint showing up in my album but whatevs - these'll do

Watts: = ~450 mars 2 900
thats the reason Im budgeting 1500 instead of 1k
I think ima get a second unit. 2x900 (450 real) mars led.

I have a leo nearby, dont wanna hid in my house cause they spit bad noise. GhettoGrow ftw

My Grows:

Old 02-15-2015, 11:55 PM #5
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

So yeah, onto teh growzers...

I set up a 7 bucket dwc sytem for the beans that made it.

two air pumps atm. Looking to score a ecoplus 7 for a good price this week. that way i can use the other two for a bubble cloner...
I plan to build the def star once I know the sex of this brood

moar pics

My Grows:

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:33 AM #6
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

SOooo...

I took the plunge on January 12th and purchased a T5 Badboy 8 light 4' and some misc gear from craigslist. $250 Also got some beans $0
I picked up a Mars 2 900W Led off ebay $251
A HM TDS on Ebay $27
A Milwaukee PH 600 from ebay $21
The next day , I got some super thrive and plumbing supplies Lowes $40
Petco Airstones $23
On the 15th I bought an air pump and a 10 pack airstones Ebay $28 & $46 respectively
and a jiffy germinator kit $12
Grand total at that time $698
I soaked them beans over night and 8 out of 15 popped up.
Next evening i put them all into the jiffygermy
by the 19th , I had eight babies. 5 Star Kush' and 3 herijuanas - I was on my way.

My Grows:

Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 AM #7
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

so yeah , i got some buckets and shit , and used some 8" netpots to transplant. Maybe too big really for where im at but whatevs. roots is showing and the jiffy cubes in hydroton dont seem to be an issue. Using the snype method - lucas x chlorine x super thrive.
moar picks of week 2 coming soon

My Grows:

Old 02-19-2015, 03:31 AM #8
catalyte

catalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of light
nice to meet ya Boyd.

"Whole world's a tree Raylan. I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut."

i think you can definitely achieve your goal with some IC help.

I think I'll stick around for the show if ya don't mind Mr.Crowder
catalyte is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2015, 04:13 AM #9
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Nice to meet you there Tan G
" You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" Boyd Crowder

My Grows:

Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 PM #10
catalyte

catalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of light
^right on.

one suggestion i have based on your settup from my experience... if you can get a hold of some Advanced Nutrients Sensi-Bloom A&B for nutrients, get 'em. They are pH perfect engineered and will save you lots of time/stress because you won't have to set/re-set your pH when making nutrient solutions and in DWC that would be very valuable. The shit is like a nutrient insurance policy. If you leave em too long with this nutrient in the buckets it will keep the pH in the sweet spot no matter what kind of water you use, although RO water is always recommended.

Just my 0.02cents.
catalyte is offline Quote