Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Contests > Yogurt Cup Grow Contest

Thread Title Search
Check out the excellent cannabis genetics at Barney's Farm!
Thread Closed
Yogurt Cup Grow Contest Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2014, 10:56 AM #21
Waldgeist

Waldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to all
hey,

6 oz. = 177.441178125 ml , isn't it?

sorry I'm metric

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:57 PM #22
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
hey,

6 oz. = 177.441178125 ml , isn't it?

sorry I'm metric

Old question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
BIG QUESTION: Are we talking British Imperial fluid ounces or U.S. fluid ounces?
Because mine are in 150 gram yoghurt cups which is, at a density of 1.05 for yoghurt, 143 ml at soil/yoghurt level (not brimful) corresponding to 5.03 UK oz or 4.84 US oz. BTW 'ml' means 'millilitre', a metric volume .
For those privileged ones not having to use conversion tables (like most of the world): 6 'generic' oz may be 170.5 ml or 177.4 ml, respectively.

Got to organise bigger yoghurt cups...
And Avi's reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
I officially feel stupid....
i dunno if the extra 7mL extra rootmass will make a difference...

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 AM #23
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

wildgrow has disabled reputation
My seeds have become seedlings

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:55 AM #24
Eighths-n-Aces

Eighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant future
the Greenhouse and one of the Seedsman beans decided that they didn't wanna play so i'm only doing two this round

here they are at 9 days (yesterday)

and i put my drip system together ........

1x maxi-jet pump model MJ 500 480L/h
1x 1/2" hose (from hydrofarm) 31" / 79cm long
1x 1/2" plug/end cap
2x 1/4" hose (the hard plastic stuff) 29" / 74cm long
2x 1/4" barbed couplers

looks like this assembled ........

i put it in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid that the frame that holds the cups is attached to. start small but drill a hole in the plug/end cap so that the flow at the ends of the 2 1/4" lines if what you want it to be (i ended up with a 15/64" hole but every pump is going to be different) what i was looking for was about 3 oz./90 ml in 30 seconds. having some kind of rig to hold everything in place when you are doing adjustments makes this whole project really easy

mine looks like this ........

once i had that done i built some drip rings which i will post in a couple minutes

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:23 AM #25
Eighths-n-Aces

Eighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant future

there is an extra piece of tubing and an old drip ring in the pic but i used

4x pieces of 1/4" line 6 1/4"/16 cm long (the soft stuff)
4x 1/4" barbed T's
$3.56 worth of dry ice

i tried drills and dremmels to make the holes in the drip rings but they always left burrs or holes that were so inconsistent in size that water would drip from the bigger two or three but not water the whole container. let that poly line sit on dry ice for a couple minutes and those problems go away i put 5 7/64" holes in each ring
BTW being able to drill clean holes makes making a drip ring real easy in every size pot and with every size line. just sayin
..... and the drip rings look like this

thats it. hook that pump up to an ART-DNe timer and i'll be able to give the plants what they need when they need it. i'll be setting up a second one for night watering just to make sure they don't dry out but it is exactly the same system that i ran in the last round minus one plant site

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:45 AM #26
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

Nice rig EnA. So the yogis go in the beer cups? Or are the cups for demo purposes only?

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Old 08-03-2014, 02:00 AM #27
Eighths-n-Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgrow View Post
Nice rig EnA. So the yogis go in the beer cups? Or are the cups for demo purposes only?
the original set up was made for beer cups, i got bullshit lucky and the yogurt cups fit without having to modify anything. the beer cups are only there while i'm dialing the flow rate because they hold more so they have to be emptied less.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:49 AM #28
Waldgeist

Waldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to all
EnA,

thanks for posting your setup!

I buy some joghurt tomorrow

Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 AM #29
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

I think Ill do something similar, though way more ghetto, than what you've got EnA.
Ill blackout a plastic container, cut holes in the lid and run a tube to introduce o2 and circulate the nute solution.

Babies.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:06 AM #30
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

bugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighths-n-Aces View Post
$3.56 worth of dry ice

View Image

i tried drills and dremmels to make the holes in the drip rings but they always left burrs or holes that were so inconsistent in size that water would drip from the bigger two or three but not water the whole container. let that poly line sit on dry ice for a couple minutes and those problems go away i put 5 7/64" holes in each ring
BTW being able to drill clean holes makes making a drip ring real easy in every size pot and with every size line. just sayin
..... and the drip rings look like this

i had the same problem drilling holes in the lines.
i like the dry ice method ,ill have to try it next time

Thread Closed