What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

Old Stoner

My wife told me I had 5 minutes to check in here then we had to get to work.
I just wanted to comment on humboltlocals post regarding problematic helpers.
We had just a few people that we even "considered trustworthy" to begin with. We have
already had to eliminate 2 out of the 3 we had. Humbolt is right again, bad vibes
and greed slow down the process considerably. It's just not worth it at all to have negative energy after working so hard for months.We are now down to my wife and
myself and one of our patients we grow for. Our patient isn't well enough to help
today although she offered to, God bless her! It's just me and the wife today and
we are both more grateful than ever before that we have the Twister. We may be
old but that makes this machine even more of a Godsend. I honestly don't no what we would do without it,especially at our age. My wife's attitude is what benefits me the most during times like this. Always able to look at the bright side of everything which right now is the Twister!! God bless them both!!

H

humboldtlocal

Glad to hear the Twister is helping so much. It's nice that it can take a lot of the pressure off of you guys and make it possible to trim so much with just mom and pop. I have heard of a lot of people getting these kinds of trimmers that just want to do it all with just a couple people. It has really been saving our butts too. Big rain starting monday and getting really heavy on tuesday so we are harvesting non stop. Almost considered hanging some buds to dry trim but decided I couldn't do that to my mistresses. I think we will be able to get all of the tops in that are ready. We have a couple more friends coming in to help the next couple of days and they should be a great addition to our crew. Low maintenance, experienced, helpful, humble, and grateful for the opportunity. All things I like. Hope all is well for everyone. Old Stoner, tell your wife she has to let you be on the forum more because you get private messaging privileges at fifty posts.;)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us all here at ICmag!! Your thread rocks !!
Nam myoho renge kyo

H

humboldtlocal

Hey folks, just a little update. Making it through the storm pretty good. Supposed to start breaking tomorrow. Been harvesting and running the Twister through the whole thing. I was worried how the machine would handle soaking wet buds but it is actually working great. The buds stay fresher and crisper. The machine sucks a lot of the water off of them. We are able to harvest a lot and let it sit around a lot longer because of the moisture on them. Also the machine can go a lot longer between cleanings. Really cool. This was the one thing really worrying me and it has been working so well. Doing thirty pound days with 10-12 helpers.
The rain was flooding my trenches and turning them into rivers. It was a cross between "a river runs through it" "a perfect storm" and a documentary on Hurricane Katrina. We are making it through though. Hope everyone else is doing good and not stressing too hard. The rains at night used to keep me awake and really stress me out. Now somehow I am able to just go with the flow and not let it bother me. Stressing is not going to change any thing. Still lots more work to be done. Hoping to be finished by first or second week of November. I used to trim till end of November with half this much herb. I have lots of friends with a third of my harvest that will be trimming deep into December. There is no way we could be doing this without the machines.
I talked to a friend of mine about the coating on the oven/turkey bags and he said it is a coating that keeps the plastic bag from melting when you cook it in the oven. I should be getting my bagger next week. I will keep everyone posted. Take care.

M

mrdizzle

I can feel the joy in your posts. I know that joy. not with the twister but the trim reaper. Its a truely amazing feeling people, I never have to trim again, it still gives me the willies.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
We got our Twister in last week on thurs/friday and what a total Lifesaver !!

Just before the rains & winds came in the following tuesday last . What we were able to manage to do with it saved our entire peace of mind with how much it was able to trim out ..and trim out well !

Talk about getting this machine right under the wire , what a storm that was wet wet WET & windy as heck ! Thanks for all the tips HumT we got it all done in the nick of time , the Twister is the total bomba , well made, well thought out MACHINE !!
( And built like a Harley too !!!)

(And now to think of employing the Twister for indoors as well as outdoors too !)

;)

Old Stoner

Madrus Rose, Congratulations from this Old Stoner and his wife!! I"m just thrilled that you were finally able to get your Twister. Like I said before, My wife and I also consider ourselves so incredibly fortunate ourselves to have learned as many "Tips" as we have from humboltlocal too. I'm kind of old to understand some of the lingo on these boards but "Lifesaver" is right up my ally!! We're real busy again today so I need to
get back to "bucking". Sure sounds better than trimming with scissors though wouldn't you agree??

Again Madrus Rose, congratulations on owning your very own "Mistress".

Sincerely,
Mr. & Mrs. Old Stoner

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:jawdrop: :respect:

That garden is inspirational. Awesome first class effort into running your grow without compromise from beginning to end. I definitely want one of those machines. Excuse while I go :jerkit:

For the one or two haters complaining about the price, STFU and put in the work if you want one those babies. I can't stand that entitlement attitude shit where people think everything should be cheap or free (albeit there are places and times for this, but few and far between). Markets set price and this baby is worth every penny if you have the need one.

H

humboldtlocal

Stoked to finally have some other happy Twister users on here. I was feeling a little outnumbered by the haters for a while there. Nice to not have to constantly defend my self. Things are going so very well. Absolutely no complaints. Hope everyone else is feeling the joy and relief of another happy fall. Beautiful and sunny here all day today. My gardens are really starting to empty out. We might have the opportunity to run the two machines back to back next week. I will try to get some pics and video. My buckers are getting faster everyday and we are upping production everyday. I am pretty sure we did a forty pound day on Tuesday with 14 people. The worst day of the storm. Trimming the bud wet worked great. Just got another 75 dry racks. Both machines are running great and they are very easy to learn to operate. I have had several different people that I have trained to run the machine and they all picked it up very quickly. Hope everyone has a great weekend.:joint:

H

humboldtlocal

Here's another tip for my Twister brothers and sisters. We just switched from Pam to spray on olive oil and it is a much better lube. The blades are taking a lot longer to gum up between cleanings. I get dirty looks when I clean out the store but who cares. I told the checker that I was using it as mace for all of the homeless trimmers that have flooded my town looking for jobs. My little town is overrun right now. It is a sad sight. If more people started using machines like the Twister maybe my community would get cleaned up a little bit. Things are ridiculous here right now. People standing on the street holding up signs with scissors on them. Drives me crazy. Who would hire these people off the street. High Times has written articles for years saying "come to humboldt and get a trim job, it is the land of milk and honey". Thanks a lot. Those guys have no idea the impact they have had on our community. I could rant about it all night but I wont. Peace.

humboltlocal your gardens and product look incredible! thanks for sharing. I guess it makes sense that a plastic bag would need some sort of coating to withstand the high heat that it is used in...i presume this coating would be found on both sides of the plastic as well.

as somebody who has a trimpro boxed up in storage i'm reluctant to enter into the auto-trimmer arena again, but would love to. i have a couple questions if you don't mind....
how often do you have to clean the blades?
and have you sample the meds? i'm wondering if there is a decrease in the quality of the cure due to cutting the stems and fans right away.

thanks again....stellar job

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Strictly, Thanks for the kind words. I have many friends who are also reluctant to give another machine a chance after using a trimpro. Especially one that costs 8 times as much. Most people here big leaf there plants before hanging them and some wet trim and hang on screens or dry racks. The taste and cure is not decreased when dried properly and bagged at the correct time. I think the thought that there are resins and sugars in the stem and leaves that need to drain into the buds, is an old growers tale. My herb is coming out the best it has ever looked, smelled and tasted.
We pressure wash the machine every two hours. Now that we have switched to olive oil instead of pam we can go more like three hours. When the plants are wet from the rain we can go even longer.

A

Amstel Light

I am about to get a vacuum bagging machine. Trim Scene Solutions is about to start carrying them and I will be getting one of the first. It is like a seal a meal, in that it sucks the air out of your bag, but then it injects nitrogen into your pound. A friend of mine had one and found a pound he forgot about for two years that had been sealed like this. He said it was as fresh as the day he put it away. These machines are made for the food sealing industry. I will give a full report and I would like to shoot some video too. Most people don't know this but the turkey and oven bags have a coating inside them that helps meat cook. This is what turns your pounds brown after six months inside them. It is not heat or just your herb getting old it is actually a coating that turns them brown. And we have all been smoking it. By using this machine and the special bags that come with it I hope to take my medicine to the next level as far as being organic, natural and safe to smoke. We should all stop smoking weed that has been in oven/turkey bags.:joint:

yea it's called modified atmospheric processing and the bags are metalic gold.. i went through a LOT of them before my guy got popped. he claimed they were smell proof as well! nice job man, and to all those that mess with others to carefull to post pic's..... there ya go!

btw could you use this machine to dispose of a crop(indoors) quickly if you feel the heat?

thanks humboldtlocal,
a pressure wash def isn't too bad a chore, much better than a hand wash that i was expecting!
your buds really do look pretty good comin out of this thing. and by pretty good i mean, obviously they are gorgeous, huge!, well grown, and loved nuggets, but they really don't appear to have many of those yellow automatic trimmer nicks in them. it's harder to tell with pics, but the close ups you provided only seem to have a few....nice!

H

humboldtlocal

btw could you use this machine to dispose of a crop(indoors) quickly if you feel the heat?

The only thing the Twister would be good for is perfectly trimming your crop if you were feeling the heat.:joint:
Here are some dry shots.
PTW x VIP

Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Grapefruit/Blackberry

Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Grapefruit/Purple

OG Kush

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
great bro!! Those buds looks sooooooo nice!! This is realy cool trimmer!!! nearly like indoor!!

H

humboldtlocal

I thought I would be getting the bagger this week but it looks like I will have to wait another week. The company that makes them just had their trade show in Vegas and sold out so a little longer delivery time. When I get it I will let everyone know.

Latest posts

Latest posts