Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Contaminated Medical Marijuana Believed To Have Killed California Cancer Patient

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Contaminated Medical Marijuana Believed To Have Killed California Cancer Patient Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2017, 08:13 PM #1
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Contaminated Medical Marijuana Believed To Have Killed California Cancer Patient

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A rare fungal infection has killed a California man undergoing cancer treatment and it’s believed he got it from medical marijuana.
The treatment left the man’s immune system compromised, but his death still surprised doctors because he was relatively young and his cancer was beatable. He was using medical marijuana to fend off the treatment’s effects. After his death, testing of 20 medical marijuana samples from across the state found the vast majority were contaminated with dangerous bacteria and fungi.
“It started with a couple patients that were undergoing very intensive chemotherapy and a stem cell therapy, and those patients were very immune compromised,” explained Dr. Joseph Tuscano of the University of California, Davis Cancer Center.
The California man was one of those patients who was already in a very serious cancer fight. Then that fight suddenly became much more complicated with a relatively rare but particularly lethal fungal infection.
“We thought it was strange to have cases of such a bad fungal disease in such a short amount of time,” said Dr. George Thompson, a fungal infection expert with UC Davis Medical Center.
Dr. Michael Hirt specializes in integrative medicine and the fungus that was in the man’s body was equivalent to what is on rodent droppings.
Hirt says telltale signs of contamination are a stale, musty smell and black, light blue or green dots on the leaves.
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ancer-patient/

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:02 PM #2
seeded

seeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to allseeded is a name known to all
So a man with a weakened immune system from literally having cancer dies from a fungal infection and instead of actually testing his remaining stash or even his vape or pipe they decide to test 20 random samples of cannabis that weren't even sourced locally and then point their fingers at the contaminated herb they bought saying they've witnessed the first cannabis related death in all of history and we're meant to buy it?

I've smoked myself retarded but even I'm not that stupid...
seeded is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:05 PM #3
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
Test his stash, Check the home for mouse infestation perhaps?

Not going to deny there are alot of growers out there flipping moldy product tho....... OD especially..."just cut around the boitris man"....FUCK...."dunk it in water to wash the pm off"....

Surprising what gets sold as Meds...
blastfrompast is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:21 PM #4
DAT

DAT has disabled reputation
Hopefully with cali going legal, they will require stricter testing for meds so dirty weed is never sold. If that cancer patient was smoking weed that moldy he wanted to die, that's pretty out there.
DAT is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2017, 10:26 PM #5
geneva_sativa

geneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud of
Lots of scapegoating and bullshit abounding in the media regarding cannabis these days.

Between the reefer madness crowd and canna-companies vying for the market using scare tactics for the purpose of creating a perceived need for their products or service, it would seem the world is ending.

But as I have said before, you cant screw over folks and not have that grief return back to your door. That, you can bank on.
geneva_sativa is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:33 PM #6
SeedsOfFreedom

SeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really nice
Sounds pretty suspect to me, seems like some last minute propaganda. The prohibitionist know the end is near, and are likely going to resort to very low and dirty tactics to delay the end of prohibition, but we know they can't win. The war on drugs is soon over, drugs won!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:35 PM #7
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
"They're" pushing back. I see it more and more. I don't know about this particular case but it seems to fit the mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeded View Post
So a man with a weakened immune system from literally having cancer dies from a fungal infection and instead of actually testing his remaining stash or even his vape or pipe they decide to test 20 random samples of cannabis that weren't even sourced locally and then point their fingers at the contaminated herb they bought saying they've witnessed the first cannabis related death in all of history and we're meant to buy it?

I've smoked myself retarded but even I'm not that stupid...
resin_lung is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:52 PM #8
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future420somewhere has a brilliant future
Cool Very suspect..

I have Cancer. While undergoing Strong Chemotherapy a full blood panel + was taken and evaluated before each infusion.

It's pretty hard to miss when your immune system starts to take a dive. Then your Oncologist will stop or adjust your dosages, allowing your body to recover.

I feel sorry for the guy and his doctor, this smells of lawyers Fake News.

I wonder if we hear anymore about this.

Peace

P.S. - I'm all for testing but I don't test mine

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:02 PM #9
marijuanafloor

marijuanafloor is on a distinguished road
I don't think so.
marijuanafloor is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2017, 05:23 PM #10
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedsOfFreedom View Post
Sounds pretty suspect to me, seems like some last minute propaganda. The prohibitionist know the end is near, and are likely going to resort to very low and dirty tactics to delay the end of prohibition, but we know they can't win. The war on drugs is soon over, drugs won!
they have been using "low & dirty tactics" since the WOD began. nothing new to see here, move along...

2 members found this post helpful.