What's new

Whats the most EWC you use

G

I dont know if this is ask again from anyone, maybe even me. Its late, Im stoned and been drinking is my disclaimer. :tiphat:
And I dont have the corona, but I have a few cold ones for later.:biggrin:

What is the highest realistic percentage of GOOD LOCAL FRESH EWC thats used in a good soiless mix ? Some peat and perlite ? Im thinking of trying in my small grow one plant with about 10-20% EWC in a 5 gal bag. May turn into a side by side for me with a couple other soils.

kritios

I use about 20%, following this recipe:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LC’s Soiless Mix #1:

5 parts Canadian Sphagnum Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 parts perlite
2 parts worm castings or mushroom compost or home made compost
Powdered (NOT PELLETED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
[/FONT]

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792

CrushnYuba

I think it all depends on your mix. I think mixes that are more then 1/3 compost is to heavy, muddy, doesn't hold air and prone to compaction. I think of worm castings as compost. If you have no other type of compost then up to 30%. But 20% may perform better.

I think these guys that are adding worm casings between runs too reamend are nuts. They are screwing up the texture of their soil. They end up with mud and they are like "what happened".

sdd420

Veteran
I think it all depends on your mix. I think mixes that are more then 1/3 compost is to heavy, muddy, doesn't hold air and prone to compaction. I think of worm castings as compost. If you have no other type of compost then up to 30%. But 20% may perform better.

I think these guys that are adding worm casings between runs too reamend are nuts. They are screwing up the texture of their soil. They end up with mud and they are like "what happened".
Crushn is right.
Too much and it tends to get crusty and compacted in my experience

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran

Never once.

Dankwolf

30% with out issue .i am on 3rd run of same soiless mix amended with 30% casting and a few other things dempending on if its a flowing mix or veg mix or mother mix . but always 30% worm castings

No mud what so ever . if i get to a piont were its a issue i am sure i can get a bag of ground swell mix it in and solve it .

Mazar x skunk in 3rd reuse as described . water only all amended mix .

picture.php
picture.php

Dankwolf

If interested i will go over my procedure for remixing in my rks thread . dont want to clutter this thread with off topic info

Latest posts

Latest posts