What's new

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Pretty 😍 Also pretty cool 😎

Thanks 😊

The lens is pretty good quality and it is a coated glass lens.

Screenshot_20220321-150419_Amazon Shopping.jpg

IMG_20220321_145909.jpg

IMG_20220321_145915.jpg

I could have bought a different lens for the same price but I don't need all the other lenses.

Screenshot_20220321-150744_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-152303_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I figured if I bought just the single lens, then it might be better quality?

It is still kinda hard to hold my phone still, but if I attach the tripod and just hold it, it reduces the shaking.

I could put the plants on my table and set up the tripod beside the plant, but I'm worried about messing with the plants too much and dropping them or something.

And I don't have to be wasted for that accident to happen. Lol

PCBuds

The window plant is 11½ weeks old but she seems to have a lot of clear trichomes and I don't think that I see any amber trichomes?

IMG_20220323_113509.jpg
IMG_20220323_113610.jpg
IMG_20220323_113431.jpg
Screenshot_20220323-114928_Gallery.jpg

And I've still got some bottom flowers that have a long way to go.

IMG_20220323_113743.jpg
IMG_20220323_113708.jpg
IMG_20220323_113722.jpg

PCBuds

There we go,..
$17 with the tax.

IMG_20220324_131651.jpg

I do have the exhaust fan, but I haven't had it on for this plant.
I didn't want to blow the heat and CO2 out of the closet.

IMG_20220324_131528.jpg

This is the second fan that I put there in the closet.
The first one went into my kitchen to blow on the window plant.

IMG_20220324_132418.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Those clip-on fans are great. Keep the receipt though. If you get past a year, think about oiling the back bearing as regular preventative maintenance. If that fan breaks for any other reason than a failed rear bearing, I will buy you another. They all fail the same way. The front one does alright in the more turbulent air. The back one gets hot, a little dry, then stiff, then really hot. Turns the oil to tar and can't be recovered. Mech oil can give a few more months to a dead fan, but once cooked.. it's cooked.
I have meant to put service holes in the rear covers for spraying oil in. Somehow they always get put into service before I have chance.
When they do fail, keep the clip. Desk versions are often easier (cheaper) to find. Just move the clip across. Also, these are greasy plastic. They often drop, and tightening can bust them. Just pull the bolt out and put in a paper washer. Stop the greasy surfaces having to grip each other.

PCBuds

,.. If you get past a year, think about oiling the back bearing as regular preventative maintenance.

Yup.
I've had this fan apart twice to clean and oil it,.. It's about 3 years old.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220325_214651.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	18109244

Dust and dirt gets on the fan blade as well as in the vents for the motor and on the bearing.
I cut the shroud off to ease the stress on motor and luckily my cat knows better than to stick her nose in it.

This one is about a year old and hasn't been apart yet but hasn't been used that much.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220325_214651.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	18109244

It's in the kitchen near the stove where there is dust and vaporized cooking grease so the dirt is dark and sticky.

I screwed through the clip to screw it to the wall which is cumbersome to do and undo, but I can separate the clip and fan head to get it off to clean it.
I'll clean and oil it after my window plant finishes.

This is the fan that I bought yesterday.
I didn't connect the clip to it and just set it on the table.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220325_214928.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	18109245

It has a base that clips on to the clip, but it's too big and the planter hits it, then isn't centered in the closet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220325_220941.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	18109246

I think that I'll cut the shroud off the kitchen fan too.
That way I can easily clean the blades and I don't get crap caught on the shroud.

I'm going to try to remember to turn the fan off while I'm cooking so that I don't blow greasy vapor onto my plant.

I don't think that weed that tastes like pork chops and fried chicken would taste very good?
It probably wouldn't improve the terpine profile. Lol

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have heard of weed that tastes like just about everything else. Might as well add fried chicken to the list :)

Shame to buy a clip fan and have to screw through it. Some have a keyhole, but it's time consuming to add keyhole hangers yourself, when the fan is fine just screwed there

PCBuds

I have heard of weed that tastes like just about everything else. Might as well add fried chicken to the list :)

Well, they have bacon flavored vodka, so fried 🍗 weed might be OK. Lol

Screenshot_20220326-000747_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Shame to buy a clip fan and have to screw through it. Some have a keyhole, but it's time consuming to add keyhole hangers yourself, when the fan is fine just screwed there

Yeah, mine has got the keyhole and I used that one too, but it wasn't snug enough to hold the clip from rotating, so I screwed in a second screw.

I wanted to aim the fan away from the wall a bit and if I rotated the fan head, the clip would just rotate on the screw.

The fan isn't going anywhere now unless the plastic clip breaks.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Imitation bacon flavoured vodka?
So Tea then? lol

30%... Yep. That's imitation alright :)
Probably distilled from the worlds hand-wash mountain. Now covids over. Isn't over. Might be over.