What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I NEED HELP BEFORE THINGS GET WORSE

Thegardenweasel

9th or 10th week of veg. Grown in ffof. Feeding with down-to-earth 4-4-4 as needed. Humidity between 48-60%. Temps between 80 and 72f.
I bought cal-mag a few weeks ago thinking that was the issue but now I am not so sure. Trimmed although diseased leaves after taking these pics hoping that would help. I have no idea what the problem is but would like to fix it before flipping to flower.

P.s the plants look much darker in natural light. Most concerned with those brown spots which seem to spread.

Attachments

• 20210125_151018.jpg
    20210125_151018.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210124_222744_HDR.jpg
    20210124_222744_HDR.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210124_222737.jpg
    20210124_222737.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210124_222736_HDR.jpg
    20210124_222736_HDR.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210124_232937_HDR.jpg
    20210124_232937_HDR.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 28

SamsonsRiddle

do you usually grow in fabric pots? looks like it could be underwatering to me, which is very easy to do in fabric pots.

also, did you add any dolomitic limestone? ffof becomes very acidic (depending on batch) and usually it is good to add 1-2 TBS/gallon of crushed dolomitic limestone per gallon. if you can't find crushed, run the pellets through a coffee grinder. at this point you can topdress a little but spread it out very thinly since it makes it kind of water to go through.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Check your ph.

First thing I'd do is water till run off with ph corrected water.

Then start feeding again, keeping ph in check.

I water my fabric pots till run off every 2-3 days, as needed, and don't let them dry out completely. I use pro mix.

When your always flushing your pots salt buildup in your medium is minimized.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
What are you using for a light.

LED's have certain environment requirements that HID's don't have, IME.

eyes

Veteran
First thing I would do Is get a ph meter or a ph test kit for soil and see how acidic that soil is. I did see some magenesium in that 4-4-4- but only 1 percent by volume. after you check that ph it should be around 6.5. I dont know if that soil is light and fluffy or holds alot of water but you dont want to overwater either.

If you didnt put any dolomite lime then yeah, you ph is probably off.I only use dolmite at first when I mix up a container with the ammendments. after that, forget using dolomite. Use Gypsum or oyster shell flour. Wont mess with the ph like lime. Take some soil out of the bag and ph that. Then ph a sample out of the container. I really dont like fish bone meal. I use blood meal, bone meal, kelp, epson salt and dolomite to start things off. That will feed for a month or so i usually reammend every 30-40 days with a top dress.
I use member:burnone guide for organics. since you are organic, i would add some neptunes 2-3-1- fish and seaweed and molasses to get those green It wouldnt hurt to add some top dress of gypsum or oyster shell either. I actually go with 4- 5 finger punch 3-4 inches deep and fill those holes with the magnesium and oysershell powder. I use a few tablespoons of epson salt and 3/4 cup of oyster shell powder per 5 gallons. If you treated the soil with some humates with either liquid karma or earthworm castings,checking the ph is irrelevant. Since you didnt I wouldnt worry too much. dont sog out the soil, add some of the neptunes and do the epson salt and oyster shell powder. whatever you do dont change the soil biology with any synthetic salts. keep it organic and you wont have lock ups or lock outs..

Last edited:

Thegardenweasel

Thank you for the helpful replies!
The ffof has gone acidic for sure. I will be amending with dolomite lime next run. My light is a kingbrite 320watt led qb

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I am doing my first LED grow after many years of using HID's. The plants definitely need much more cal/mag under LED's. I also see much more explosive root growth. I used to veg in 1 gallon grow bags until the plants showed sex and then would transplant the females into either 3 gallon bags or 5 gallon buckets. This run under the LED the plants were extremely rootbound weeks before showing sex and they had to all be transplanted into 5 gallon buckets.

M

member 505892

Do you have enough air circulation?

I used to get weird problems when i tried to skimp on that.

ZOnaVerde

Veteran
At first glance it seems to be a problem related to calcium / magnesium, often encountered under LED light. The pH of 6.2-6.5 (ideally) in the soil should be checked so that it does not exceed 7! If the soil is acidic, you can lower the pH of the water to 2-3ph to calm the one in the soil after you flush! You can sprinkle on the leaves directly with cal-mag. Check the temperature of the water you are spraying not below 20 ° C

If the problem is with the LED panel, you can raise it higher or change its intensity!

At LED I also encountered the lack of boron which is very similar to the calmag and the stress of light!
Good luck!