What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New stock in!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
We have new stock fresh in from VGS.

Bubba Kush S1 and Cherryjuana F2.

:woohoo:

These will be going live on friday 25th Jan at 1:30pm UK time.

Cheers

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Hope I'm not at work that day cherryjuana F2 has me interested, nice.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks clarence!

there is hopefully an ongoing situation with the bubba S1s and there should be more to send in a month or so.
60 x 5 packs went in this time.

the Cherryjuana F2s is a pretty small batch of 30 x 10 packs and that is all i have for now. If the feedback is good from the test grows etc then i plan to make another batch later this year.

good luck all!

VG

fungzyme

Someday people will realize S1'ing elite cuts does more harm then good.

Let me guess... you were sent here to enlighten us and thereby save the cannabis gene pool?

Talk about a vague statement - like every other method of making seeds, regular or feminized, the quality of the end result depends on the skill and attention of the seedmaker. And VG has numerous examples of beautiful plants and happy growers.

FuhQ

why is that FuhQ?

Well, because it is hard enough to source the legit cuts, so when they are S1'ed it adds a whole lot of phenotypes to sort thru when they start getting passed around as the real thing.

I mean Cannabiogen offers S1's from bubba, Katsu I believe but they offered it under the name Peyote Purple. So people know it and call it Peyote Purple and it doesn't get passed around as Bubba Katsu.

Fungyzyme, im not going to entertain your nonsense, sorry.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, because it is hard enough to source the legit cuts, so when they are S1'ed it adds a whole lot of phenotypes to sort thru when they start getting passed around as the real thing.

I mean Cannabiogen offers S1's from bubba, Katsu I believe but they offered it under the name Peyote Purple. So people know it and call it Peyote Purple and it doesn't get passed around as Bubba Katsu.

Fungyzyme, im not going to entertain your nonsense, sorry.

i cant say i agree with you

like you say, elite cuts are hard to source and impossible for most people, and in some cases making S1s can be the best possible way of getting a plant that has many of the traits associated with the elite
basically the success of S1s depends entirely on how true breeding the parent/elite cut is. something like Chem D is a poly hybrid and so S1s of it would be all over the place because you get segregation in a similar way to an F2 generation - you get all the shades between the original parents
bubba is different, it is quite true-breeding, so S1s closely resemble the original cut, and why bother adding other genetics to the pile if what you really want is something as close to the bubba cut as possible? check the grow along in this forum and you'll see what i mean. i have actually kept one of the 3 S1s i grew and am running it again - even though i have the legit bubba cut!

as for re-naming, i dont think it is appropriate because the seeds are what they are pre-98 bubba S1s. (peyote purple is actually an S2 (and S1 of an S1) of the katsu afaik

as for cuts getting passed around as the real thing, that is the fault of people who will lie about what a cut is - but even so, it should be the quality of the smoke that should be your primary concern and not the name attached to it. if a cut is amongst the best weed you've ever smoked, it shouldnt matter what name is attached to it - unless you are more interested in name-dropping than you are about smoke.

having said all that i do plan to make a regular seeds bx to the bubba, but i want to find an outcross that will actually add something to the mix rather than be a passenger. more about that later.

regards

VG

FuhQ

Close to true breeding it may be, I just personally think it's a bad practice when people throw CS on every elite cut they come across for the sake of making a few bucks.

Nothing against you personally Verdent, I have the same opinion on the subject when Greenhouse does it. I know I am in the minority on this issue, I am just one of those people that likes to know I have the one true cut. :dunno:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have had lots of elite cuts, and have done some crosses with many of them, but the only one i have reversed is the bubba - both because it is my favorite and because i had a strong feeling that it would give good results.
as for making bucks, yes i suppose i am, but i could easily be charging double the price for these and im pretty sure they would still sell out. Its actually quite a lot of work to reverse a stable cut and make seeds in reasonable quantity, especially in a small setup like mine!

if you are lucky enough to be able to get elite cuts then good for you, but what about the people that can't? i actually think im helping to give back to the canna community by selling S1s of a legit cut at a very good price - making the genetics available to everyone. Someone was generous enough to gift me the cut so im trying to do something worthwhile with it.

but we are all entitled to our opinions and we can all spend our $ how we want :)

cheers

VG

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
got my 5 pack yesterday:woohoo: thought it was lost..or worse.. 2nd time using fem'd seeds.. 1st try was with rez's basic kush... 1st 9seeds were all full blown males... balls hanging all over... the 10th seed was such a runt, it was culled... hoping for a kick-ass couch lock pheno:dance013:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi strass, the bubba S1s/fems are $35 for a 5 pack

the Cherryjuana F2s are $50 for a 10 pack (regular seeds)

VG

D

danny karey

Damn it, missed the bubba's............just wondering when the next release will be?

Thanx

Danny

Latest posts

Latest posts