What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I get bigger bushier plants during veg ??

Title says it all really I need some advice on vegging. I was wondering if there was a way to get my plants bigger and bushier during veg end of week 3 from clones where transplanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5

gorilla ganja

wow great link dansbuds, Thanks for posting it. I have tried all these methods pretty much.
But it is great to see a detailed report like that.
I would suggest simple training if it's your first time trying these methods. Depending on the strain it doesnt take much to get the side growth going.
This is how one plant responded after only 2 week of trying down the top and then letting it do it's thing. No complicated training.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

Huckster79

Bend those babies Flat! Lst is my favorite... after plant
turns back up to the light any that are stuck down you can twist em up and tape em with electrical tape ot the new main branch they come off of. All those smaller branches now exposed to light become more dominant. It is most effective when you can get apical top 90 degrees or more bent and supposedly that triggers same hormonal change as topping...

I love the crew cut flat top look of the girls in flower like this. Really can utilize your space well.. I train and trim mine in veg to be rectangular when veiwd from top. More efficient use if my light footprint... less light to floor more to canopy...

Last edited:
H

Huckster79

Lots of great threads on lst technique

Last edited:
I need some advice on when to start flowering these some are good other don't to me so some advice people I'll be uploading pics soon.

Thanks

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Either top, lst or super crop.

Plants won't flower until they are mature, 4-6 weeks from seed, anytime past that point more or less you put em in 12/12 and they will flower. Some plants are faster some are slower.

H

Huckster79

Honestly I think there's times for all of them and FIM too . In veg and early flower those girls are your play dough, ,
Make em what you want from each technique what you understand what each one does.

Right now I got a girl that's about 6x3 rectangular as hell from above and pretty flat across the top and I used a nit of all topping or FIMing, super cropping and lst. Some bonsai tree methods of wrapping stems in wire (coated garden wire) along w tie downs were used.

Dont be bashful with them and yes you will screw up i just snapped one in veg never had it happen before, bent over justnfone and snapped overnight afyer i left her. But w a splint and electricql tape shes happy again, well a stressed happy, but alive and should recover so i can attack her again and this time prob use a bitnof supercropping on that branch above the healed break to ensure another full snap doesnt happen as i tie that one down

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I see a big difference with vegging with vert lighting. Especially if you have overhead lighting and then even just some cfl's hanging.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Veg under big lights. Solo cup to one pounders in 30 days veg under 1000w....
Bigger pots will also increase your speed dramatically. just watch the watering until they get situated in the big ones.

All8

All8

All 8 all between 12-14 inches tall 3 at the back have a few branches coming of but nothing like the 2 in the middle, some leaves seem to be yellowing I dot know what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 10

rjrom90

How is your ventilation set up? I've seen similar slow growth due to lack of CO2 and improper air circulation.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
those plants are all overfed. that's why you not seeing growth. lockout. either you not watering enough and that salt it building up or you just plain old feeding way too much food.

I have a 5" rvk sucking out and I have the side door a open for fresh air coming in as for feeding what do you think I shoul do just water ??

Slightly better and less yellowing

Slightly better and less yellowing

Any comments all about 14-17 inches tall apart from the little guy at the back is 11

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13