What's new

10,000 Watt Canna CoCo Grow Show

MID TOWN

Hey everyone! :wave:

I've decided to post the 100% legal / medical grow I'm curently starting. I've been hand wattering Pro Mix for the past few years and while I do like it I've realy badly been wanting to go back to a hydro setup. I've run many different hydro systems in the past but it's been years and I dont have a whole lot of experience with COCO so one of reasons for posting this other than to give everyone a good show is to get some advice so that I dont compleetely fall on my face.

I've been doing a lot of research on here and other forums. The things I've decided on for sure are that I will be running Canna Coco DTW, and I'll be following the Canna Coco nutrient program for the most part. I wont use everything at full strength and I'll probably add silica and either clearex or drip clean. Then I have lots of things I'm unsure of that hopefully some of the experts out there can help me with but I'll get to that later.

I have 2 - 12' x 12' 5000 Watt flower rooms and a mom/ veg room with up to 4 lights if needed. The strains will be Gorilla Glue, A Jack Herer cross I made called Pink Grapefruit, Girl Scout Cookie and a GSC cross I'm calling Uranium Cookies.

The babies for this upcoming run are 1 week into veg in 4" pots being hand wattered at the moment wile i'm finishing up my current run that is at the end of week 7. I'm working on setting up a drip system right now that will hopefully work (fingers crossed) I've never set up one this big so if anybody see's anything I should change or that needs to be improved please feel free to point me in the right direction

Anyways enough rambling for now. Here's some pics of the mom/ veg room and one of the current flower rooms

Last edited:

MID TOWN

Here's some of the main Questions that I have. For now...

If im running 9 plants per 1000 watt light what size fabric pots would you recommend? 1, 2, or 3 gallon? ( I'm thinking 2 gallon)

Should I mix the coco with perlite or just run it as is? ( I HATE mixing so I'd rather run it as is if there's not a huge advantage. Or just add a small amount at the bottom of the pot for drainage)

Clearex or Drip Clean?

I'll be using RO water and either Cal mag plus or Calmagic? I've been running cal mag plus but if cal magic works better for Coco than the other then I'm wiling to switch. Also from the research ive done I was planning on running it at 3 ml per gallon but everyone seems to have a different opinion?

Well I'ts getting late and i'm really stoned. Later guys. Thanks in advance for all the help that I know ill get on here!

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro.....Been wondering where yas went .....Hope all`s well with you and yours MT....Sorry no one`s had any input for yas , and me being retired and moved to the beach mostly I`m not posting much anymore....mostly here for old friends in pm.....anyways....

If it was me , I`d try The Calimajic for cal/mag supplement , if it goes better with Canna nutes.....I ran Coco DTW with GH 3 part for many yrs well before dripclean so we kept runoff at 20% each feed to prevent residual salt buildup.....

Nowadays , folks are even doing away with the dipclean with multiple feeds per day running lower ppm`s across the board....AND...with all but no runoff....I know this...

I ran Botanicare Cal/Mag plus @ 5 ml per gal , silicablast @ 5 ml per gal , SM-90 @ 5 ml per gal with as much Grow , micro , and bloom added to make never more than 600-750 ppms depending on strain requirements .....IOW....

Dialing in my clone only Chem D I found she was a cal/mag whore and needed more than usual to prevent early yellowing off during stretch , thus upped to 750 to make her happy till swellage began....then...

It was playing with the mix to maintain consistent ppm`s across the board while lowering/dropping grow and even micro to start the plants cannibalizing themselves of excess nitrogen during late bloomage....now...

2 gal smartpots or whatever containers work well with multiple feeds up to 6 per day during lights on , and hey.....whether or not to mix perlite directly depends on how aerated/stringy , consistent your bagged fancy coco is....and of course add well rinsed perlite or any rocks for proper drainoff in the bottoms.....and ....

I can`t stress this enough....Make sure to "make sure you`ve got no rootborn critter larvae in your media" BEFORE you transplant/up pot".....I know some folks boil water and soak the shit....me.?....

I used the cheap shit and soaked the bales of chunks and coir in Rubbermaid cattle troughs with pond enzymes and SM-90....Drained the tanks and charged the shit with 350 -400 ppms of grow and micro with 5/ml cal/mag , then transplant /up pot for pre-veg under T-5`s....now.......

If you inoculate your media with SM-90 and use all the way through end of cycle , your chances of any rootborn critters are slim to none since the oil base encapsulates the larvae and suffocates it...break the cycle with no hatchlings and there will be no more unless introduced from outside the grow....aight...

Maybe since I`m bumpin this up to the top you`ll get some more responses , but trust your instincts and go with what you know....ain`t shit to it....regardless....

Holler if I can help....and....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

MID TOWN

Hey DHF! Love the name change! lol. Good to see a friendly face! I was hopin some of the same old peeps were still here. :friends:

I've been doing good just runnin this same place that I've been at forever. Been so busy with work the grow and a fiance that I barely have time for much else any longer but I'd like to try and get back on here some when I get a chance.

Thanks for the tips! Ill try out the cal magic.

I've been liking the idea of lower PPM's with the multiple feeds per day and wattering with no run off except maybe once every few days or so just to be safe but we'll see.... I do have two rooms so maybee some experiments need to happen.

I went ahead and ordered the 2gal fabric pots and I think i'm just going to put perlite at the bottom for drainage.... I hate mixing and this coco is prety good and fluffy so I think I'll be alright without it. I guess I've never even thought of using sm-90 on the soil but i'd be interested in trying it out.... So you run it at 5ml per gallon every watter all the way to the end of bloom?

Well anyways it's good to see ya around still buddy! Hope the retired life is treating you well!! :rasta:

WEEDED- Thanks man. Glad to have ya along for the ride!

DunHav`nFun

Hey DHF! Love the name change! lol. Good to see a friendly face! I was hopin some of the same old peeps were still here. :friends:

I've been doing good just runnin this same place that I've been at forever. Been so busy with work the grow and a fiance that I barely have time for much else any longer but I'd like to try and get back on here some when I get a chance.

Thanks for the tips! Ill try out the cal magic.

I've been liking the idea of lower PPM's with the multiple feeds per day and wattering with no run off except maybe once every few days or so just to be safe but we'll see.... I do have two rooms so maybee some experiments need to happen.

I went ahead and ordered the 2gal fabric pots and I think i'm just going to put perlite at the bottom for drainage.... I hate mixing and this coco is prety good and fluffy so I think I'll be alright without it. I guess I've never even thought of using sm-90 on the soil but i'd be interested in trying it out.... So you run it at 5ml per gallon every watter all the way to the end of bloom?

Well anyways it's good to see ya around still buddy! Hope the retired life is treating you well!! :rasta:

WEEDED- Thanks man. Glad to have ya along for the ride!
From the beginning of starting inside over 20 yrs ago , Krusty preached SM-90 for root rot protection in our fast hydro SWC buckets , so I put it in and never looked back.....

Fast forward several yrs , and Nutrilife tries to market SM-90 in Cali as organic root rot preventive AND rootborn insecticide....what happens ?.....

BOTH applications get turned down and the shit sits on Hydro shop shelves and gets forgotten about because the only thing they could market it as was a "surfactant/wetting agent"....but ...in all my days....

Never had fungus gnats but once as a mistake and oversight on my part , much less root aphids , whiteflies , thrips , mites , etc , etc , etc, .....and yes....

Make the shit part of your rez recipe for the duration and you won`t regret it guaranteed....and it DOES act as a surfactant to help disperse juice more freely to ALL the media in each container during timed feed sequences....another thing....

Only additives I ever used in all those yrs of HARD croppin was 5 ml of SM-90 , 5 ml of silicablast for stemwall strength and overall plant health , but.....added 3-5 ml per gal Cal/Mag once full fledged Coco DTW began due to the mediums CEC needing to stay "charged" for explosive growth....all else base nutes , no thrilla , no filla........

Just lower ppms across the board FTW with coco....that said....everything else should take care of itself with as many runs under yer belt as you have....

Watch for brown spots on leaves and interveinal chlorosis/veins yellowing inside the leaves for Calcium and magnesium issues so yas can up the Cal/Mag as needed , and if things get wonky and go sideways with ph and ec/ppms fuckin up and goin in the wrong direction , flush with 1/2 strength nutrient solution till shit comes back into parameters.....why 1/2 strength ?....

NEVER flush coco with straight water....it`ll fuck up the CEC , cause deficiencies fast , and will haveta be built back before releasing nutrients back to the plant , but follow the rules and it`s pretty much it`s set it and forget it ....Oh.....

Make sure to wash the shit outta yer perlite to remove all dust and fine shit before using as a bottom layer in containers to help drainage.....

Made a dumbass mistake with mine way back when and ended up with what looked like chunks of concrete when all broke down after Harvey.....Had noticed the runoff comin out the sides of the smartpots , but didn`t figure out why till all was said and done....anyways.....thoughts to ponder....

Not around much , but around....Sittin on my balcony with the laptop , bongs , and coffee , havin wake and bake while gf cooks bfast........and....watchin the dawg chase sandpipers and seagulls , then run straight at the waves and bite em just as they break and fall......yeah....retirement sux....:moon:.....free entertainment....anyways....

Holler if yas have a hiccup....and...

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey MT, good to see you put up a new grow thread, Im sure there's plenty of coco nuts here that can help you. IMO you should always water until you get run off, not only are you helping to wash out salts but you're also boosting the supply of O2 to your rootzone, even if it's just 5% run-off. Make sure you have a half decent rootball before you start multi-feeding. I like to feed 3 times per day right up to the end of flower stretch and then I bang that up to 5x per day for as DHF like to call it, SWELLAGE MODE lol. Hey, DHF :wave: good to see you buddy!

Go with the 2gal for sure, 3 is just too much for 9 per 1k....2gal is right on the money. As for the perlite, it certinally won't hurt your plants to add it but it won't make a huge difference if you leave it out, but as DHF pointed out, it depends on your coco quality, what kind of coco are you using? Which kind of drippers are you using? Adjust the pressure so it isn't pissing out, a nice steady flow is what you're looking for, it takes me around 90 seconds to get run-off from 2gal pots. Coco doesn't like getting a lot of water in a short amount of time, ie pouring a full jug of water over it in a second, the coco will compact which can cause salt build up and PH problems in the long run.....steady as she goes :)

Keep an eye on your run-off, if you need to do a flush then do with with a weak solution of CalMag, around 0.3EC is what I use, NEVER flush with pure RO water.

Can't think of much else at the minute, but I'll be taggin' along with ya buddy.

HGO

Snow Crash

Veteran
Here's some of the main Questions that I have. For now...

If im running 9 plants per 1000 watt light what size fabric pots would you recommend? 1, 2, or 3 gallon? ( I'm thinking 2 gallon)

Should I mix the coco with perlite or just run it as is? ( I HATE mixing so I'd rather run it as is if there's not a huge advantage. Or just add a small amount at the bottom of the pot for drainage)

Clearex or Drip Clean?

I'll be using RO water and either Cal mag plus or Calmagic? I've been running cal mag plus but if cal magic works better for Coco than the other then I'm wiling to switch. Also from the research ive done I was planning on running it at 3 ml per gallon but everyone seems to have a different opinion?

Well I'ts getting late and i'm really stoned. Later guys. Thanks in advance for all the help that I know ill get on here!

To chime in my 2 cents...
2 gallon containers will treat you well.
Pure coco is amazing and I'd leave out the perlite.
Clearex or Drip Clean? I think they are pretty equivalent but would probably go with the Clearex based on $.
I did run Cal-Mag Plus at 2.5ml/gal for RO or very soft water with traditional Coco nutrient programs. Cannot comment on CaliMagic versus Cal-Mag Plus in coco, but looking on paper I can say that it has significantly more Calcium. The reduction in Nitrogen is great too. I just wish it had a little more Mg in there, but we can always get that from Epsom salt if necessary I suppose. Every 1ml per gallon is going to add ~14ppm of Calcium. How much is needed kind of depends on what your base nutrient is doing, what the coco needs for CEC maintenance, and what the plant really wants. I'd probably start it around 3ml/gal, but ween off to about 1/2 that by bloom. 5ml/gal might be better for some strains, while others won't need all the extra Ca, this has to be a subjective thing I think, strain to strain, grow room to grow room.

:lurk:

Hey seems like I'm the only one whose ever actually done both.

Botanicare Cal mag + used first, thought... I'd try a reduction in N!

Tried calimagic (red bottle) and got some serious deposits on the rims of my smart pots.

Went back to the Botanicare.

Basically I had less buildup with Cal nitrate, than Cal carbonate

Trich_Tyson

Are you guys using the clearex/drip clean throughout or just for the flush? Florakleen the same shit?

Also.. should we be supplementing ca/mg to keep CEC in check during the flush?

Don't want to hijack your thread.. super glad I ran up in here.. hope i can learn with you MT.

My first coco run as well.. but with far less exp. Looking forward to watching your coco show

Are you guys using the clearex/drip clean throughout or just for the flush? Florakleen the same shit?

Also.. should we be supplementing ca/mg to keep CEC in check during the flush?

Don't want to hijack your thread.. super glad I ran up in here.. hope i can learn with you MT.

My first coco run as well.. but with far less exp. Looking forward to watching your coco show

yeah, i used drip clean for the first run, didn't seem to do much... found a better salt breaker, SLF-100 by cascade organics. they claim to be H2O2 compatible as well, haven't tested yet tho... but even then i didn't use it throughout. only the first week of a two week flush

basically went low ec with plenty of runoff, got some tasty motherfuckers.

week 1 was 550ppm ish
2 600
3 700
4 750
5 800
6 750
7 400
8 250
9 (slf 100 and compost tea) 0ppm
10 straight water 0ppm

grown with 720w LED

yeah, i used drip clean for the first run, didn't seem to do much... found a better salt breaker, SLF-100 by cascade organics. they claim to be H2O2 compatible as well, haven't tested yet tho... but even then i didn't use it throughout. only the first week of a two week flush

basically went low ec with plenty of runoff, got some tasty motherfuckers.

week 1 was 550ppm ish
2 600
3 700
4 750
5 800
6 750
7 400
8 250
9 (slf 100 and compost tea) 0ppm
10 straight water 0ppm
View Image View Image View Image View Image
grown with 720w LED

Them some sexy girls kweku! Nice regimine. Less is more fo sho.

Peace, Roast.

woolybear

Veteran
good info in here thanks dhf and op going to give that sm-90 a try. luckily i'm bug free at the moment but prevention is yadda yadda!

subb'd

MID TOWN

Alright were gettin some action in here! :woohoo:

Jav2043- Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to put on a good one for ya

DHF- That's really interesting! Ive only used it as a wetting agent before. I havent had any root born diseases or pest in years but i'm def still curious to try it out.

Good to know about not flushing with plain water cause thats exactly what i would have done! :bashhead:

Damn that retiremant crap sounds horrible! I wouldn't trade you for my 10 hour work day if you paid me... :nanana: :tongue:

Roasty McToasty- Thanks man. The more the merrier!

Hundred Gram OZ- Good to have ya here man! It sounds like I made the right decision with the 2 gallon pots. I'm using Canna Coco with 2- 2gph dippers per plant.

Snow Crash- Welcome! Yea I may just run it straight. These pots are so small that I really don't think I need anything that'll make em dry out faster... I think your on track with the cal mag. I'm gonna start at 3ml per gal but I may have to play around with it to find that sweet spot.

Kweku Ananse- That's interesting. I still have some cal mag plus left over from last run so I might use it in one room and cal magic in the other. See if I can notice a difference.

Trich Tyson- No worries man. Were all here to learn. :yes: I'm totaly new to the drip clean/ clearex but I believe people are using it throughout the grow... Mabey someone more knowledgeable will chime in on that...

Wollybear- Welcome to the show!

Thanks for all the replys everyone!! I'll post an update in a couple days once I get everything transplanted

Weeded1s

From what i remember everryone was using dripclean throughout the grow...im not sure about clearex. Most people i know that where using it, dropped it because they werent seeing any differences with or without it. I think it also has a little P in it as well. I didnt notice any change in flavor too my end product but there was a lot of talk about it making the end product better tasting. All in all I dropped it like most because it didnt see a difference either. Hope that helps some @midtown

P.S. some were using it as a tool to prevent over fertilization so if your growing with a super high ec with no runoff then it may help some....i guess. Seems like a super sketchy way to grow too me. Most of us on here right now are rockin a lower ec multi feed regiment @1.2 ec in flower....some people r doing run off still but lower ec no dripclean no runoff is the future :) lol

MID TOWN

Alright I've got my first update. Had an EXTREMELY long weekend but I got one room trimmed and bagged up, got the other room chopped and hung, finished the drip system and transplanted all the babies!

I've got them all crammed in one room because I hang and dry in the other one between runs. So they only have one dripper each for the next week until they go to their ultimate home.

So I have another question...

What should my watering schedule be for like the next week?

Should I give them A day or so imbetween waterings until the roots fill out a bit or water them once a day? :dunno:

They went from 4" pots to 2 gallon pots and they had some prety decent roots going.

FunkBomb- Thanks man! I'll do my best