What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female plants about to flower or have they been pollinated?

kdubbs

This may seem like a silly question but this is my first time growing and I'm not sure how to tell the difference between normal flowering and females that have been pollinated. I have 3 plants in soil about 2 months in. I have topped twice to keep them lower and have more colas since my deck has privacy blockers but only so high...

I was able to sex them well enough so they should all be female(checked the nodes for feathery vs balls)

Any info greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
  • img18
    img18
    25.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 12

kdubbs

Balls. I'll have to do some more research on sexing them in the future. Good thing the seeds were free I guess :p

kdubbs

Thank you all for the quick replies :) I think it might be best to pick up some feminized seeds for my next attempt.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thank you all for the quick replies :) I think it might be best to pick up some feminized seeds for my next attempt.

I think it would be best to learn how to properly sex them so you know how to do it. No sense in throwing in the towel and limiting yourself to just feminized. :2cents:

kdubbs

I think it would be best to learn how to properly sex them so you know how to do it. No sense in throwing in the towel and limiting yourself to just feminized. :2cents:

For purchasing seeds, is it generally a better deal plant per dollar to get non fem seeds and just pull the males? I will do more research in the meantime and then use the knowledge when I get to a point where I'm manually reproducong them for my own future seeds or given more by people.