What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina 98 x Purple Nepal Jam

StrongTree

Bdnj #1 - dense hard flower clusters... sharper and sour flavor

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

StrongTree

BDNJ #2 - smooth flavor...cream / herbal incense / saffron floral notes ... not to sweet or acrid...fat yield from a dwarfy stout chubby structure plant
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kijell

That looks epic Strongtree nice flowers!
This strains seems quite consistent and one of the better indicas in general!
Glad I planted my last seeds :whee:

Some impressions of my 2 ladies in week 5!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a show StrongTree! :tiphat: Thanks a lot for the finishing pics, congrats, perfectly grown!

The old Black Domina 98 mother is indeed an outstanding example of perfect commercial indica,
amazing job by Nevil on this one, and still beats the new Kush strains regarding potency, yield, flower/leaf ratio and loud terpenes.

Beautiful looking flower. A very commercial look to them.

Good luck with yours Kijell ;) Looking great after 5 weeks of flowering.

Kijell

Thank you dubi!
They smell soo good, really addicting combo with Nepal!
I did not really know that Neville also made the Black Domina wow he made a lot of good plants :)

I had a little bit of bad luck while working in my room.
There was something loose and my HPS fell onto one Black Domina, bushy good BD Pheno and top buds and leafs came in direct contact with light and burned some parts. :(
Two branches broke to the side but are still holding on now under serious support, I think the other BD pheno or my other plants would have straight broken off!
Really sturdy thick branched plant! Still looks nice given the circumstances
It was still end of week 5 so I have hope they will recover soon and make more buds. But cause of the stress will make more nanners I can imagine.

Would have been way worse if it happened in last week. :)

Kijell

Plants will finish next week, they smell soo good its insane.
They smell like like apple berries lavender and sweetness.
This is a really good strain!

First plant (sorry its directly under HPS)
picture.php

picture.php

Second Plant
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So happy to hear you are so excited about their flowers, resins and terpenes Kijell ;)

As far as i understand, old original Sensi Seeds Black Domina release (the one that this BD mother came from) was based on Nevil's selections with hybrids between Maple Leaf Afghanis (Afghan T i think) and Skunk. His talent for selections and breeding was off the charts and still resonating to this day.

Kijell

Hey dubi I am very happy with the first plant and all people love it.
It is actually a really good strain for casual smokers because it is not too heavy and does not really go in the head that much.
Has a nice upbeat start to a more relaxed afghani finish.
It has actually quite the loud smell, like fruity creamy ice smell, not much earthiness to my delight.
Smells a bit like the new hybrids Gelato and alike to my surprise.

Second Plant took almost 11 Weeks, chopped her at 76. Havent tried her yet.
More blueish tone of leafs and now even more in drieing. But not even Nepal Jam takes 11 Weeks or am I wrong, little bit surprised of that pheno.
But maybe It had a week lockout because of the light drop on plant and after giving her Cal/Mag in week 6 she really took off.
Cal/Mag really changed my grow this time made the strains much better! :)

Do you have any plans for a new hybrid with Black Domina mother?
Dont have any seeds left from that strain, I love that there is no kush in it, got many of that.
Popped another Black Domina Hybrid from another brand, couldnt find that much strains made with it.
Would definitley buy another hybrid strain from you with your Black Domina! :)

Last edited:

Kijell

Plant 1: 61 Days Finish
Really bushy and and all branches are almost natural on same height.

picture.php

picture.php

Plant 2: 76 Days Finish
Node height difference of branches is more dramatic.
Main branches taller than other plant.
More curvy to the side is this one growing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kijell

So happy to hear you are so excited about their flowers, resins and terpenes Kijell ;)

As far as i understand, old original Sensi Seeds Black Domina release (the one that this BD mother came from) was based on Nevil's selections with hybrids between Maple Leaf Afghanis (Afghan T i think) and Skunk. His talent for selections and breeding was off the charts and still resonating to this day.

I am not sure if Skunk is in there, would be new to me.
But interesting that you have other info!
Quote from Sensi Seeds description:
"Four prime examples of Cannabis Afghanica have been combined in this fast and easy strain.
Domina expresses desirable features from the elite Indica genotypes Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant and Afghani SA"

So kind of a mix of NL x HP x Afghanis?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful Kijell ;) Thanks for sharing pics before chop time, really appreciate it. Flowers look chunky, heavy and resinous even though they took a bit longer than expected.

To be honest, i don't trust Sensi Seeds descriptions for the last 20 years. All their Afghani strains i grew in the 90s and early this century (Afghani #1, Maple Leaf, Black Domina, Shiva Shanti, etc ...) had more or less Skunk, probably only their old NL, G13 x HP and HP releases had no Skunk or were less skunky. Best old Sensi releases were derived from Nevil's work, and Nevil stated that breeding pure indica x pure indica did not produced the results he was looking for, and that he prefered to add a bit of sativa influence to improve the yields and flower/leaf ratios in his indica hybrids, and Skunk was perfect for that without increasing flowering times or lowering down indoor adaptability, and he was right.

It was fun to make a few crosses with the Black Domina 98 elite mother selected in my city, but we don't have plans to include her in new breeding projects, prefer to move forward and dedicate time and resources to breeding projects that follow better our working philosophy.

Kijell

Thank you for that insider info so cool dubi! :)

Makes sense that there could be some Skunk in there!
Was also surprised of a mix of 4 plants with not more specific info which was crossed with whom.
With my latest grows I seem to notice I like a little bit of skunk in the genetics,
but I dont enjoy it at as a full strain that much.

I fully understand your decision not to work with Black Domina anymore,
it is mostly people who ask for her and I find her to grow really easy with good yield. :)
First and foremost I was looking for a good yielding Nepal Jam strain.
But now I noticed I just should get your new Nepal Jam x Kali China!
It seems right up my alley what I am looking for.
Should be even better terps than what I got right now.

By the way I grew 4 Nepal Jams Hybrids over the last grows.
OE x NJ, BD x NJ, Zamal x NJ, Honduras x NJ.
So I think I really like Nepal Jam and Nepal Jam x Kali China would be a natural choice.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell,

Sorry for my late reply, i missed your post.

If you really like the Nepal Jam hybrids, i encourage you to grow 'pure' Nepal Jam so you can learn better what you like from this strain and how it contributes to the NJ hybrids you have grown.

Looks superb Kalbhairav! Enjoy friend ;)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, Kalbhairav, what a plant! How are the smells at this stage?
Cheers

Hi Felice,

Flowers are very tight and hard. They aren’t overly big but I did flower a little to late.

When flower started to kick in the aroma was very floral; jasmine and honeysuckle. I’m going to harvest this weekend and the smell has changed to a creamy citrus.

I had a bit of nutrient lockout this run but these look very nice. I’ll upload more pics soon.