What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what BANDS have you seen?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I am so sick of my own life at home movie I need a vacation we are at each other’s throat’s

It has actually been great for my relationship with my kids, which is wonderful. But also has been absolutely terrible between the wife and I.

Win some, lose some I guess.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killer posters Bud

That certainly was 'forward thinking', a momento later to cash in on phone pole poster investment! Right on, Bud!

I was just happy to go to the concert, or in a few cases (Pointer Sisters, Michael Martin Murphy, Dave Loggins), knew a band member and met the performers, yet didn't party with them. Ah, well.....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has actually been great for my relationship with my kids, which is wonderful. But also has been absolutely terrible between the wife and I.

Win some, lose some I guess.

This is a tough situation. Glad for stronger ties to your kids. Maybe share a contert televised with your wife? Food, wine, pipe?? Not like a live experience, yet connect with music again.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I saw the Reeperbahn in Hamburg.

Hey, that´s nice! I hope it was far in the past, today the Reeperbahn is more a family and party place. The prostitudes are located in the backstreets today.

With the Reeperbahn happened, what happened to the Times Square/42nd area.

But good that you wrote Reeperbahn, in 1987 in the "Große Freiheit", I saw Hüsker Dü.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I just googled Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to find out their birthdays....

I saw them in Norfolk, Virginia at a brand new arena called "Scope"... (OK, it was 1 year old)

Mick and Keith were both 28 years old when we saw them...

A girlfriend had stood in line, more than a month earlier, to buy 6 tickets.
She and I and 4 other friends sat in folding floor chairs at 6th row center...The Rolling Stones were doing their thing about 30 feet away from us...
Sadly for me, my new 35mm SLR camera malfunctioned due to operator error...

Yeah, that show was full of energy! It was also full of a lot of pot smoke...

PS.. Stevie Wonder was the opening act for the Stones...and he was great too...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Early deafness from speakers, headphones, playing in band elementary, junior and high school- 2 years of college. Not to mention target practice with no ear protection. Those were the days............

I was going to mention hearing loss & tinnitus, but I didn't want to bring the thread down. :rasta:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Bowie - Roxy Music - The Manhattan Transfer - Kilburn and the Highroads (Ian Dury) - Blockheads - Kursaal Flyers - Slade - Eddie and the Hot-Rods - Dr Feelgood - The 101'ers - The Sex Pistols - The Damned - The Clash - Chelsea - The Ramones - The Flaming Groovies - The Stranglers - The Adverts - Sham 69 - The Flowers of Romance - Siouxie and the Banshee's - Generation X(with Billy Idol) - Johnny Thunders Heartbreakers - The Buzzcocks - Big Youth - Dennis Brown - Steel Pulse - Aswad - Augustus Pablo - Dave Edmonds - Elvis Costello - The Nipple Erectors - 999 - The Jam - The Tubes - The Dead Kennedy's - The Avengers - The Dils - Black Flag - The Screamers - The Mutants - Crime - Madness - The Pretenders - The Specials - R.E.O. Speedwagon - Ted Nugent - Levi and the Rockats - George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Richard Hell - Tom Verlain + Television - Wayne County - The Off's - The Nun's - The Sleepers - Blondie - The Go-Go's - The Street Punks - Mink DeVille - The Runaways - The Zeros - Pearl Harbour and the Explosions - Tuxedomoon - (so many other bands from The Mabuhay Gardens and The Deaf Club in San Francisco - where I worked at the door on and off for a few years ) - Huey Lewis and the News - Joe Jackson - Aerosmith - AC/DC - I'm only up to 1982 and already must have forgot a few - more to come - (some of these bands I saw many times - did a lot of roadie/security work on tour with some of them -) - worked for Bill Graham's Event Security at Monsters of Rock Festivals in the USA -

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hey, that´s nice! I hope it was far in the past, today the Reeperbahn is more a family and party place. The prostitudes are located in the backstreets today.

With the Reeperbahn happened, what happened to the Times Square/42nd area.

But good that you wrote Reeperbahn, in 1987 in the "Große Freiheit", I saw Hüsker Dü.

Hüsker Dü did Europe. I saw most of the major US bands in the 70's and allot more lesser knowns in dive bars that could hire a band. Sex, drugs and rock & roll. (and a good amount of jazz).

In the 90's the Reeperbahn was kind of legendary. Had to see it. The rest of Hamburg is really nice.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
wow! gypsy you have been seriously rocking out. i bet you could write book full of crazy concert stories. i was surprised bob wasnt on the list.

1G12

In no particular order...

In no particular order...

Led Zeppelin (3 times)
Grateful Dead
Hiroshima (3 times)
Joe Bonamassa (3 times)
Here Come the Mummies (2 points if you've seen these guys also)
Buddy Miles (@ Fillmore West)
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Tower of Power
Lydia Pence & Cold Blood
Buddy Guy
Pat Benatar
Copperhead
Charlie Musselwhite
Roy Rogers
Tab Benoit
Samantha Fish
Steve Miller Band
Kronos Quartet
Eric Burden Band
Quicksilver Messinger Service (@ Fillmore West)
Jeff Beck
Billy Cox - played bass with Hendrix
Neal Schon
Steely Dan
Jethro Tull
Tommy Castro
Tedeschi Trucks Band
David Sanborn
Ottmar Liebert - played barefoot
Experience Hendrix - tribute concert hosted by Jimi's sister

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Gypsy The Ramones! Heck yes! And Huey Lewis! Was just talking to someone a few days ago here about Hewey Lewis.
1g12 Steely Dan! Led Zeppelin! Saw Plant n Page in 1995. Rock on!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Led Zeppelin (3 times)
Grateful Dead
Hiroshima (3 times)
Joe Bonamassa (3 times)
Here Come the Mummies (2 points if you've seen these guys also)
Buddy Miles (@ Fillmore West)
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Tower of Power
Lydia Pence & Cold Blood
Buddy Guy
Pat Benatar
Copperhead
Charlie Musselwhite
Roy Rogers
Tab Benoit
Samantha Fish
Steve Miller Band
Kronos Quartet
Eric Burden Band
Quicksilver Messinger Service (@ Fillmore West)
Jeff Beck
Billy Cox - played bass with Hendrix
Neal Schon
Steely Dan
Jethro Tull
Tommy Castro
Tedeschi Trucks Band
David Sanborn
Ottmar Liebert - played barefoot
Experience Hendrix - tribute concert hosted by Jimi's sister

Similar tastes! Great!!Nice list you've got there!

And Gypsy- great bands and experriences in San Fran, too, I'm certain!

Rock on, folks! Rock on! (and jazz it up, blues style, my faves!)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
let's see...sure i'm gonna forget a bunch...

boston,sammy hagar,the police,the go go's,rem,the who,u2,king crimson,adrian belew,the bears,talking heads,todd rungren,primus,jewel kilcher,dead kennedys,henry rollins band,peter gabriel....i know i'm forgetting a lot...

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Fishsticks U2? That rocks man. The Police! Quite a few people here have seen them in concert! Me included! Thought it was great, saw them on the reunion tour in 2007 or 8. Someone also saw Primus! I never saw them.

OldSSSCGuy

My first was watching Moby Grape and The Who (first US tour) - as warm up acts for Herman's Hermits.

Only leading act I've not seen live is the Beatles and the Stones.

7thson

Ah,I did some purple microdot in 1979>one hit<,and I can't recollect one of the days,because it lasted two whole days,and it was very strong!Quite enjoyable really.It did take some time to hit me and I thought it was bunk,at first and the dude told me to just give it a little more time,he was right.:jawdrop:

I forgot to ask,where did u see them at?