top of the heap to third world status in one generation

audiohi

Veteran
g09upcma1lea1.jpg

Gry

Veteran

h.h.

Veteran
He made me hit him. It was the look on his face.
Whatever.

moose eater

I would prefer to be vaporized in the flash rather than stumbling around in a smoldering pile of stuff I used to know.

That's just me.
;)
Ditto.

In the 90 seconds or so between lift-off and impact, assuming hyper-sonic weapons are at play, there'd be time for a toke or 2, a shot of good tequila, perhaps a bite of good brie on crackers or a bite of whipped maple butter on an after-dinner biscuit, and to flip the middle digit toward the sky.

No reason to not go out with some style, luxury, integrity, and gesture of retribution.

Gry

Veteran
I would prefer to be vaporized in the flash rather than stumbling around in a smoldering pile of stuff I used to know.

That's just me.
;)
That was what I told the nice lady who had insisted that I go to the
air raid shelter in the early sixties. I knew what my pop told me was true
and told her so. She ran off in tears.
Later that evening I was informed the nice lady I was speaking with was the wife of the base commander. Never heard a word over it from my pop, who was young in rank at that point. My mother felt quite different about it.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

That's just me.
;)
i used to think like this myself. would it be simpler to be an instantaneous casualty? sure. less suffering? damn straight. but the remote possibility of helping those that want to survive would be a strong incentive to survive myself. the prospect of helping to assist/protect them (or trying to) from the horrors that would probably be present "afterwards" is a strong urge. it would be nice to be able to think of ones self as one who tried to help, regardless. like properly inspired LEO, EMTs, firemen..."run toward the gunfire"

• Love
Reactions: Gry

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, we all knew Barr was a POS. now we know just how LARGE a POS he is...sadly, there is evidence that he "could" have been worse...i'm glad he fought off those "opportunities" as a "bridge too far" even for someone as tainted as he is.

Reactions: Gry