What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DESTROYER on Ice - 250CMH Freezer Grow

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Beth is a nice one by the looks of it. A bit of a shaky start, cant blame ya DWC can be touchy I believe, (soil grower here, very forgiving medium for the most part). I am sure once they hit the water, they will take off. Hope you got lots of airstones in those things, and I hope you get some females, infact I predict 3/1 f/m ratio!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Beth is certainly stealing the show though, Jo isn't doing too bad. 3:1 would be both a dream and a nightmare. We all love to see girls but, who wants to choose which ones get pulled? eek! I'm grateful the Thunks took the decision out of my hands. Still debating if I'm going to grow out one or two.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Cloning Day!

Cloning Day!

Never a fan of topping, I've never cloned tops, only shoots. Still, I'm too impatient to wait two more weeks for adequate side shoots. Once cuttings have rooted, I'll make the decision of flowering clones or donors. I'd prefer to flower donors. They'll have a month's worth of roots underneath them. It depends if the donors roots allow for them to be separated.

All my various tools. I forgot to include the Hormex bottle but, you can see the red vial of it next to my Olivia's. I soak each stem for one minute before gel and cube (FWIW both bottles are dated Jan 2001. Quite a shelf life) Toothpicks match cuts to Moms.

Your standard bubbler. The only modification is the aquarium heater to maintain 75º-80º temps. Used "normally" it killed everything it touched. Combined with Rockwool, it works like a charm. Note the lack of a dome. No misting, no nothing. They know where the water is and how to get it. I don't know my record RH because 19% and lower reads out as "LO". I have cloned, dome free, under LO conditions several times with no drop in success.

Note that cloning is pure Voodoo. Just because the bubbler flopped with me doesn't mean it can't be the best thing that ever happened to you. Try stuff till something works. Whatever that was, that's the way to go.

D

Don Cotyle

Very interesting show FB! I'm gonna pull up a chair and see this one thru! I sure hope you find the "Jump up off the sofa and run outside and mow the grass with a pair of tweezers and level strain"!!! :muahaha:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
That would certainly amuse the neighbors. LOL. I was hoping for more: jump your gal, play some ball ...

Well, near disaster in Cloning!

Got to remember to keep an eye on new experiments. I've never cloned tops before. Coupled with (long story), 95º air temps and near 90º water, darn near killed Beth and Jo, my two biggest cuts. Broiling above and boiling below, Beth was lying down and Jo wasn't far behind (Amy and Meg , both smaller cuts, were fine) Jo got a trim but, Beth needed a full fanectomy. One of Beth's sideshoots offered sufficient material so, I took another (normal sized) cut as insurance. New Beth in front, old Beth in Back

One of my pumps diaphragms is torn and Amy's cube was drier than the rest so I moved her over to the wet side.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice net pots bro! I'm going to do that when I build my 2 plant DWC system I'm trying to stay away from the grow shop completely if possible when I try hydro... As for the high you're looking for my buddy grew out some Trainwreck x Haze and for the first time in my life I had a energetic buzz that didn't make me pass out when smoking in the morning!!! I would try to find that if I were you and it's real branchy so it would do great in a SCROG setup like yours...

Stop by my show I got some nice buds going on at the moment....

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Weekend Update

Once again, topping just seems to piss them off. Things are growing like mad. Clones, dome free, are doing well also.

I've flipped to 12/12. If I wait any longer, I'll never be able to separate roots (I can only grow 2 plants at most) and hate to sacrifice the roots I have. Beth is still the star. Jo's right behind her and Amy isn't waiting around. Meg ... poor Meg ... she tries. I started the 4 smallest seeds, two of which were still a bit green. Maybe she's one of the green ones. I hate to think it was anything I did.

In order: Meg, Beth, Jo, Amy

Quazi

Damn dude.

At least you've got too many great choices for flower instead of not enough.

Nice work!

-Q :rasta:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hey man, what is on the side of your buckets?
Is that a baby trying to drink the water?

plants looking good man, they growing really fast

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Dr Dog said:
Hey man, what is on the side of your buckets?
Is that a baby trying to drink the water?
It's a warning that unsupervised babies standing head first in deep water makes a bad combo. Who knew?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
StinkingRoger said:
Only Problem is, They Always look in the fridge.
Wish you'd have said that 11 years ago when my roomie died. 3 hours of interrogation about a corpse in the house. Standing right next to it in full bloom, no one even saw what was right in front of them. Not the detectives, sheriffs, paramedics, coroner, neighbors, family or friends.

In 15 years, not one single person has ever asked about it or tried to open it.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Holy light-speed, Batman!

I just flipped to 12/12 and Beth's already showing ... something. I know they're small but, I don't see any hairs ...

Someone smoke me a good luck doobie, stat.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup freezer boy,sorry i been quiet yo it gets hard to post in all the threads im subscribed to bro,im always watchin though :)
sendin you some + vibes on Beth bro.i hope she is the pheno to watch for ;)
keep up the pimpin bro.peace.

L

Lava Surfer

Nice setup and funny read!

Tho I think Beth is growing a set of balls there, hopeing im wrong!

Gonna stop by again, wanna see that freezer full of buds!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been fooled before by very similar looking nodes.
What looks like a bean, just may spit hair.
Hang tough, Freeze!

Latest posts

Latest posts