What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

G

So just one incross to make the f2, would this really be the cause of deformities in the seedlings?

Carraxe

Veteran
I used a female from the original F1 Oaxaca '79 x Nepal Jam. But the male I used to make seeds came from a Fx. Probably a F2.

Both Nepal Jam and Oaxaca '79 were very inbred. About half of the seeds sprouted but most of them have physical defficiences, so I'm sure about inbreeding. I'll keep the good ones till the end.

Nice Mextiza males are very valuable for this work, and they provide a lot of nice characteristics to the crosses. Sativa energy, smell and taste, and fast maturation.

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the first seeds made with the Mextiza clone and the Ethiopian males. For sure a nice combination.

The ones made with the same Ethiopian males and the Thai Angola clone are still on the plant, this one needs a lot of time and the cross is going to be extreme for sure.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
A lot of work ahead, and a lot of positive feelings as well. Repotting time.
These are the last Mextiza. Some look mutant, but there are enough healthy ones.

And these are the Thai Angola Mextiza. I've just finished smoking the ones I harvested two months ago and I love this weed. I am sure the aromas and effects will increase a lot when I allow them to mature properly, this one time I harvested them after just 7 weeks 12/12.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Everything goes on well. These are some seeds I made, there are plenty more Jack Herer x Mextiza and Thai Angola x Mextiza in the fridge. Both nice crosses. I'll test the other ones in the months to come.

And these little plants are the Mextizas I found in the fridge a month ago, mixed with Thai Angola Mextiza. Some mutants but there are plenty of specimens to select.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi. I guess I'll upload more pictures these days under the fucking quarantine.

This is the tent where I keep both the Mextiza F2 and the Thai Angola x Mextiza. They'll be ready to put them to flower soon, maybe a week. I keep finding mutations in some Mextizas I didn't purge, so I'll have to be cautious.

I must select males and females for the Mextiza and I'll just select the best females of the Thai Angola Mextiza.

Have a nice quarantine, or enjoy your freedom. Whatever the case, make the most of it.

herbgreen

Veteran
I think the old oaxacan have a few crinkle leaf by nature

If that's what you have been finding....

Carraxe

Veteran
I think the old oaxacan have a few crinkle leaf by nature

If that's what you have been finding....

I've found worse than that, like twisted sprouts, pathologic assymetry and things that go further away than deformed leaves.

Anyway I guess there are enough that look good to keep working.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
A couple of pictures of the two female Ghana x Mextiza just in their 8th week. Mextiza is really dominant, showing many characteristics of her in any cross, even when crossed with such a crazy landrace as Ghana is.

Lots of resin and fast maturation for these two. I expected they'd be closer to the Ghana strain, although the shape of the buds in one of the plants really reminds the freaky Ghana buds.

This one is a Ghana I grew years ago.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
I put the bunch of Thai Angola x Mextiza into the flowering room less than a week ago and I've already sort most of the males. These are just 3 of them. Most of the plants are female.

I'll give them a full maturation and I guess they'll rock. I say that because last time I picked them really early and immature, at just 7 weeks, and the weed was great.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
I've taken some pictures of two strange plants I grew. A Mextiza female was crossed with a Ghana male from Cannabiogen and I got two females between the seeds I planted. They are different, but both of them show features both from Mextiza and from the Ghana strain.

Ghana was one of the freakish plants I've ever grown. Probably, with the Ethiopian from ACE, the most authentic, real and extreme sativas I've ever grown in the last +20 years.

They were the classical plants that take a real lot of time to mature, but the mix with Mextiza in this case made the descendants to mature quite fast (they are now at 9 weeks) and to produce a lot of resin, considering their landrace origin and the usual dominance of these strains.

These two plants aren't very similar in shape, but one of them has a spicy smell that I like a lot. Let's see how they smoke.

This is the one that's more similar to the Ghana. I like a lot these stiff pistils coming out of the buds. Low buds are strangely compact and resinous. For some reason, it appears that low buds mature faster than the top, that's growing new flowers non-stop.

This one is the other one, that's more similar to the Mextiza. The top and a side branch.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These are a couple of the Mextiza F2 I keep. There are about half a dozen without any kind of leaf shortening, and I'll take cuts of all of these in a week. They show the characteristic asymmetry of the branches and the weedy stem.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
After putting the Thai Angola Mextiza (TAM) population at 12/12 for two weeks, all the males have been purged and cuts have been taken from all the females.

This is a view of the forest I'm growing. I've got very high expectations with these plants, after the last very positive experience.

Sweet smokes

5oundbit3

cannabis breeding chart

cannabis breeding chart

photo.php

what do you guys think of this cannabis breeding chart?

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
3 and a half week flowering. These Thai Angola Mextiza stopped stretching, started budding and also started growing resin glands.

I put a 80W UVA led over these plants just to test if it works in some way increasing THC and terpene content in the resin as some studies suggest.

I like a lot their shape and their very thin leaves, as a sign of their Sativa heritage.

This one is a OJD SSSDH, a very well known and very strong commercial sativa. It's been flowering for about the same time. The differences in shape are obvious, and this one looks much more like an hybrid. It happens the same with the effect, being SSSDH more sedative.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Just some random TAM at 4 and a half weeks. They look very heterogeneous, but all of them show the characteristic features of the sativas. They are slender and tall plants with thin leaves, and the flowers, as well as the trichomes, are very very little but there are a lot of them.

Sweet smokes