What's new

Cinderella & White Widow in a Growtent

Greetings all!

It has been a little over 2 years since my last grow. As the days are getting cooler and shorter, I decided to start an indoor grow that will hopefully be finishing up around Christmas time.

Background

I went to my local grow shop to look at the seeds they had, and as I was looking through the selection, a guy came in, talked to the guy behind the counter for a minute, and walked out with a bunch of clones. I was like, "You guys sell clones?"

So I asked what kind they had. They had a few different ones, but in the end, I decided on two of White Widow and two of Cinderella. I asked about the genetics, of course, and the guy told me that the Cinderella came from "some Canadian seed company that's not in business anymore, I can't remember the name, something 'Brothers'," and that the WW came from Green House Seed Co.

I did some research and I am guessing that what they sold me as "Cinderella" is actually Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm or Spice Brothers.

Normally I am very particular about knowing where my seeds come from but there's not much I can do about it this time. I'll just hope the guy is telling the truth, because if he is, I'm looking forward to trying both of these strains. Those White Widows are already little stinkers and they're only 4 inches tall!

Setup

I am growing in a Grow Tent 60cm x 60cm x 160cm. I saw one of these at the grow shop and thought it looked like the quickest way to get a clean indoor setup that wouldn't take up too much space. I'm pretty happy with it, it looks very professional, it's got lots of pockets and built-in holes with velcro closures etc for all your cables and tubing, lights, filters, the whole deal. Hope it will work out nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

For lights, right now I am vegging the clones with two 55-watt compact fluorescent tubes. No idea what the spectrum is on them but I'm guessing it's not going to be a huge deal as I only plan to veg for two or three weeks.

During flowering I'll be using a 250W HPS GrowLux. Only thing is, I have to buy electrical cable and connect the ballast to the reflector, and attach a plug to the ballast so that the whole thing can be plugged in and used. So that will be interesting. Will consult my electrician friends.

Otherwise everything's pretty simple, square black plastic pots, normal planting soil from garden center, and I'm just gonna re-use the fertilizers I have from the last grow, BioBizz's Bio-Grow and Bio-Bloom, which worked wonders for me before.

So stay tuned for updates, and we'll see how this little operation goes. Thanks for visiting!

AF

G

Guest3498

Looking nice, it seems that you are off to a great start. I've grown (and still grow) several c99 crosses and they have always been good...

Just one quick tip: it may be a good idea to go out and grab some new base nutrients. I know that bio bizz is organic, and bottled organic nutrients are known to spoil after a year or so. If the last time you used those bottles was 2008, I imagine that this may be your case...

Ok so now i have to assemble this cooltube I got. As far as I know, i just have to connect the ballast to the light and then the ballast to the wall. I have to go to a hardware store and get the electrical cable and plug. I have absolutely no idea what the blue things are though, anyone with insight?

Next line of business will be getting an extractor fan. I'm assuming that I'll just buy one meant for the bathroom, stick some ducting to it, and wire it up to a plug so that I can just plug it into the wall. Need to do some research on that. I don't think I'm going to need a filter because I live high up in an apartment building and it's going to be cold outside so no one will have their windows open...right?

Attachments

• IMGP4647.jpg
    IMGP4647.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP4649.jpg
    IMGP4649.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP4650.jpg
    IMGP4650.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 13

sweetearthboy

Air Freshener,

First off, awesome genetics. I've always wanted to grow a Cindy and especially one from Brother's Grimm, please follow up with a smoke report when the ladies are done :smokeit:

An air filter is a good idea, these plants will get very stinky and that odour may creep out your door into the hallway. Any one who comes into your apartment will smell it almost immediately. Personally, I would not forgo the cost for the added personal stress.

If you're going with the extract fan try to find a very quiet one :)
Sorry, can't really offer anything on the lights. I've been a CFL convert to LED.

Cheers mate!

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Yeah definitely get yourself a carbon scrubber/air filter...it's not even an option if you are growing someplace where others will be living. That cannabis smell does not stay contained like you think it will lol.

I finally got my HPS put together and running! Now it's like a sunset in the growtent :) Next step will be ventilation system.

Here's a pic from this morning. They weren't jokin' about the Cinderella being quick to show sex, those girls are sproutin' out little white hairs everywhere!

Attachments

• IMGP4661.jpg
    IMGP4661.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
Photo update...

Attachments

• IMGP4668.jpg
    IMGP4668.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP4667.jpg
    IMGP4667.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMGP4666.jpg
    IMGP4666.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP4665.jpg
    IMGP4665.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 10
  • day 76(41 flo).3e
    day 76(41 flo).3e
    79.3 KB · Views: 23
  • day 76(41 flo).2
    day 76(41 flo).2
    118.7 KB · Views: 29
I finally got my HPS put together and running! Now it's like a sunset in the growtent :)

LOL, i remember a person that got his first 600 watta hps some time back, he put it in and his first comment was,

"It looks like the surface of Mars in here now"......LMFAO

:)

Sorry just a memory, i have less these days hehehe.

C

camoxnhx

Well there's a method called Low Stress Training when you bend them over then tie them down. This also helps with lower beaching reach the top because it's allowing or even light penatration to the lower canopy.

Well i topped the two Cindys to let the Widows catch up a bit. They are getting big and very branchy. Once I have a few growing tips up to form a decent canopy, I'll start 12/12, probably in a couple weeks. Definitely need to repot before then as well, the roots are already going crazy and poking out the bottoms.

I finally managed to get a ventilation system up and working! Since I rent and couldn't drill a hole in the wall of the building, I closed up my room's window with a 1.5" thick styrofoam panel, the kind used for insulation.

Then I cut a hole in it big enough to fit the 10cm aluminum tubing I'm using and installed a 15W bathroom fan that moves 98m³/hr (about 58ft³/min).

The back end of the fan pokes through the styrofoam and blows outside, and I stuck part of a 2-liter bottle over it to hopefully keep the elements out of the fan blades.

Air is taken from the very top of the tent, while a 12-cm tube with an air filter tied over the opening serves as passive intake. There are additional screened vents on the tent I can open if I want to let in more air.

The reason I brought the exhaust tubing down from the top of the tent to the bottom of the window (as you can see in the photo) is so that I can close the outside window shade most of the way and hide the styrofoam, which is otherwise pretty noticeable.

I didn't install a carbon filter because nobody ever opens their windows in winter, and this high up, I don't think anyone will ever smell it anyway.

Attachments

• IMGP4687.jpg
    IMGP4687.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP4688.jpg
    IMGP4688.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMGP4691.jpg
    IMGP4691.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP4692.jpg
    IMGP4692.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP4694.jpg
    IMGP4694.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP4695.jpg
    IMGP4695.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
E

edgey

good looking grow m8 , the c99 is a great plant to grow for a quick crop and can be cut from 7 weeks onwards , try letting it get to 9 if you can though

edgey

C

camoxnhx

nice vent set up! how have the temps been since thats been hooked up?

They're down, for sure, and as the days are getting cooler and cooler, I imagine the temps in the growtent will drop some more as well.

Repotted this evening, into their final big pots for flowering. Will give them a few more days and then will think about switching to 12/12. Have noticed some yellow patches on some leaves, not sure if I burned them with the fertilizer or if they were just too close to the lights. Have moved the lights away and am watering just with filtered water now until it clears up.

Is 250 watts plenty for this space?

Latest posts

Latest posts