What's new

Best strain for nerve pain?

outinit

i was in a car accident years ago, and it broke my pelvis, and shattered my femur. I have alot of nerve pian, and have gotten many blocks through the years. I can no longer handle the poking and prodding for just a tiny respite from the pain. I haven't taken any painkillers in years, and wasd wondering if anybody knew of a good strain for nerve pain. I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome. Thank you for any information.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its hard to specify in your case/condition,,, its a case of finding the variety of medicine that helps you best. Beware that the cannabis doesn't mask the pain ,, resulting in more damage!!

As a generalization,.,, then the heavy indica dominant varieties are some of the best for pain relief... especially when made into bubble-hash . Sensi Star, Heavy Duty Fruity, Critical Mass and Northern Lights are good options from seed... so is BubbleDust when its available.

Either way,, aim to let the plants mature fully,, so that the cannabinoids can mature and develop on the plant.

Hope this helps

crazybear

Its hard to specify in your case/condition,,, its a case of finding the variety of medicine that helps you best. Beware that the cannabis doesn't mask the pain ,, resulting in more damage!!

As a generalization,.,, then the heavy indica dominant varieties are some of the best for pain relief... especially when made into bubble-hash . Sensi Star, Heavy Duty Fruity, Critical Mass and Northern Lights are good options from seed... so is BubbleDust when its available.

Either way,, aim to let the plants mature fully,, so that the cannabinoids can mature and develop on the plant.

Hope this helps

Docleaf I have nerve pain also, is critical mass the same as critical+? I'm sorry I can't help in your nerve strain quest, I'm still searching myself!:wave:

MrsClaudeHopper

Howdy All

I'm reading this post as I am rubbing my numb/tingly hand (ulnar nerve impingment). I've just started trying cannabis for pain, nerve and otherwise.

Anyone have info/exoerience on combining with presrciption Lyrica?

A Grand Day to All
MizzH

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Nerve pain would follow under any pain strains. Mainly most injuries consist of more than one iwwu, like muscles tendences, nerves, blood vessels, etc. I find and always reccommend, a working with your doctor to find a good nerve medication. Stay away from some just my advice. Smoke heavy Indians, or Indian dominate, og kush, banana kush, any insofar dominate kush, also, Romanian, black dominia, black berry, ( Dr. jay always referred to black berry as the real white widow).I Those are great to start with. Also blueberry, and space queen, blueberries kush and anything blue berry high content of pain killing love. As a nerve degenerate disease patient. I feel Urs pain brothan. Take care. Pm me if u need any further assistance.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I been suffering from this crazy nerve pain that grows in my shoulder and by the time its in full pain its made my arm inoperable and the pain goes down my arm from my shoulder to my fingertips, and also up to my spine and up my neck, giving me a headache in the bottom right side of my head. doctors cant find exactly what it is and if I dont take pain meds constently then it comes on and drives me nuts. Unfortunetly weeds dont seem to help too much, besides helping me sleep sometimes. it would be wonderful if i could find a strain that worked for my insane nerve pain...

C

chefro420

One of my patients has neuropathy , and finds relief from almost smoking anything . The most helpful for him has been BHO . He recently tried some and the pain he had in his thigh area for years , was GONE! Normally smoking any strain helps though . SHould have seen the smile on the guys face! ALso percs, and oxy (120's i think ) did nothing for him and his nerve pain prior.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my patients has neuropathy , and finds relief from almost smoking anything . The most helpful for him has been BHO . He recently tried some and the pain he had in his thigh area for years , was GONE! Normally smoking any strain helps though . SHould have seen the smile on the guys face! ALso percs, and oxy (120's i think ) did nothing for him and his nerve pain prior.

Yes BHO is very effective. I witnessed Chefro's patient go from uncomfortable to talking about feeling the best he has felt in 5 years after 1 dab. :good:

LayedBack

I'm only 21 years old, have had nerve pain for 2 years now - mainly in my Neck, on down to the forearms and especially the hands and wrists. Some times my calfs and thighs will burn too, so it's pretty widespread and I will probably get worse off as life goes on.

Been smoking cannabis for 4 years daily, and in my experience smoking it doesn't actually relieve nerve pain. The only thing that has worked for me is opiates (thank god for them). And I've tried everything too, many different strains, as well as 13 other types of medications including anti-inflammatories, lyrica, cymbalta, neurontin, amitryptiline, and some other weird medications.

My only advice is to maybe try edibles??? This is something that I haven't been able to try because due to lack of work I'm not able to afford cannabis right now. I make due with just enough to smoke at least until the harvest comes in hopefully. But I've heard good things about a potent edible does and pain relief.

Don't mean to discourage anyone, peoples situations are different. And different medications work better for other patients. The reason I smoke cannabis is to relieve the depression and stress I get from CP, and THAT works very well.

Good luck buddy, hope you find something that works for you.

white_kimbo

i was in a car accident years ago, and it broke my pelvis, and shattered my femur. I have alot of nerve pian, and have gotten many blocks through the years. I can no longer handle the poking and prodding for just a tiny respite from the pain. I haven't taken any painkillers in years, and wasd wondering if anybody knew of a good strain for nerve pain. I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome. Thank you for any information.

first, i'll make my recommendation, then i'll tell you a story you might find funny.

i needed some oral surgery a few years ago, and generic chemmy hydro indica was adequate for treating the pain before and after the surgery. so, i would agree with others on indica dominate or indica exclusive strains. it appears that others have more insight on exactly which strains work the best for your type of pain.

now, for the funny story that was told to me by the person it happened to.

i knew this one very proper mormon girl back in the day. she was a college student who had never intentionally tasted alcohol, never smoked, never done any drug not prescribed, never kissed with an open mouth, the whole nine yards.

well, she got in a car wreck when a dumb 15 year old kid who didn't even have a license crossed lanes and rammed her. she cracked her pelvis in three places along with shattering her left foot. she was rushed to the hospital and put into this weird looking body cast that went from her abdomen to partway down her thighs with a poop/pee/menstruation hole in it. 2 days passed with her in severe pain and heavy medication, and she never went to the bathroom in her bedpan. it's not for any modesty reasons or anything, she just didn't need to go.

so, the doctor tells her, she has 8 hours to piss or he's going to have to insert a catheter. she goes into a panic, starts yelling that she's so much of a virgin that she doesn't even use tampons and she's not letting a doctor rape her virginity away from her with a medical utensil (yeah, she was pretty loaded on pain meds). 7 1/2 hours pass with her mom and sister pouring lemon aid and ice water down her throat, she still isn't peeing, and she's starting to panic. the doctor and a nurse come in, give her some more meds to calm her down and they took away her bedpan in prep for putting in the catheter. right after they took the bedpan from her, the floodgates broke wide open and she pissed all over the bed. in her narcotic induced haze, she started crying tears of joy and yelling "look momma, i peed in the bed, i peed in the bed just like you told me!"

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I have neuropathic pain from diabetes and regular pain from rhumatoid arthritus. I do not tolerate opiates well, usually pain is better. Usually. I have to take morphine sulphate to function. 7 mg is my max and that amount makes me ill. Unless followed by oil. 7 mg and 2 hits of oil, feel no ill effects nor much pain either. Feet and shins don't burn, oil effect. Shoulders allow my arms to go head high, morphine effect. Do not feel nausea and hot flashes, no throat swelling, shortness of breath or disorientation. Oil tempering the opiate. Morphine is still very toxic to me, I cannot take more than 20 mg in 24 hours, but oil allows that to dull the edges and function. Thumb and hand pain eats right through these dose levels but walking and eating work OK. It has been steady state for 2 years and counting.

i have ehlers danlos syndrom (EDS) and suffer neurological pain from multiple dislocations per day. the best neurological pain killer i have found is amsterdam flame.

pop pop

Hi everyone!

I'll be following this thread too as I've also been diagnosed with a chronic and degenerative neuropathic condition.

I'm very new to all of this and am learning quite a bit reading the forums here.

Can anyone tell me what BHO is?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
BHO = Butane Hash Oil
A concentrate made from Butane lighter fluid... and Weed Trim.....
in a pressure sealed extraction devise to pull out the THC -oil concentrates.....
10x stronger than Herb alone.....

pop pop

Oh! I thought it was the name of a strain.

Thank you very much for the response, yortbogey, it is appreciated.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
For constant nerve pain, I'd suggest an edible.

I've suffered from nerve damage pain since an accident in 2007, where the equivalent of a Geo Metro was dropped on my neck.

The best pain relief I had was from a tincture of Indica dominant.

2 teaspoons in the morning, and I was good til at least 5 ;)

pop pop

I know about the Kush strains and they reportedly can be effective.

Never heard of Romulan---will have to look that strain up. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Latest posts