What's new

leaf tacoing need some help

CaptainKrunch

got some issues any ideas would be great. im gonna check ph run off first. been watering cubes with ph5.5 to5.6. canna a & b nutes, and some sm90. the bumpy leaves is odd aswell and it seems like its spreading to other plants. also will be taking a closer look for bugs in the mean time.

Attachments

• 20170327_111826.jpg
    20170327_111826.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170327_111835.jpg
    20170327_111835.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170327_111845.jpg
    20170327_111845.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170327_111907.jpg
    20170327_111907.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 7

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
What's your environment like? Relative Humidity? Average temps? Are you over watering?

My outdoor starts did that last year, but they grew out of it. It was pretty windy and a bit cool last year when I put my starts out. As the weather warmed up, the taco leaf went away on its own.

HB.

CaptainKrunch

temps 66 to 74, humidity 63 to 66( changes with the weather). i dont much have control of temps and humity hardly at all. using rockwool 6 inche cubes I'm using same water and schedule for another tray. but a third of one tray is doing this and its getting worse. only water once a day so it shouldn't be over watered in a hydro medium. but maybe ill give them a extra day, and see how the respond.

troutman

Seed Whore
Low humidity does that. As you see, plant don't do well in low humidity.

Hang a wet bath towel in your grow tent for now.

Mist the sides of the pots and even the floor if you have to.

Put a shallow tray of water and make a fan blow on it.

This will drive up the humidity until you get a more permanent solution.

Broad Mites. Do the research. You will see. Get em before they get you. Based oh the pics they are already quite advanced. You will need to toss the ones that are worst. And use AVID and Or Forbid to control this. You are in for a work out. But if you do what's necessary you'll be OK.

Honestly, if not. your whole scene will require relocation.

Sorry, but I could not sit and watch it. Without saying something.

There is a thread on icmag called Broad Mites ? --- Go to that, you will see.

CaptainKrunch

they did have a fan near them i'll move. its been rainy here. humidity is 61 to 70 percent that i just checked. we get powder mildew problems. so if its humidity i need, i'm in a bit of a pickle

HqFarms

First thing check for russet mites. If you can find any russet mites, cut back your calcium and add a pinch of magnesium. If it's not russet mites, most likely you locked out magnesium by over nuting your calcium

HqFarms

Broad Mites. Do the research. You will see. Get em before they get you. Based oh the pics they are already quite advanced. You will need to toss the ones that are worst. And use AVID and Or Forbid to control this. You are in for a work out. But if you do what's necessary you'll be OK.

I like your broad mite approach, I would say russets more than broads though but your solution is crap and horrible. I can't believe people still try to push that crap. Are you trying to get people sick? If you use that crap, you definitely don't grow medical grade and aren't really a farmer and you are more of a hack than anything else

troutman

Seed Whore
they did have a fan near them i'll move. its been rainy here. humidity is 61 to 70 percent that i just checked. we get powder mildew problems. so if its humidity i need, i'm in a bit of a pickle

That's good humidity level to have when your vegging.

Must be something else then.

Speed of green

I like your broad mite approach, I would say russets more than broads though but your solution is crap and horrible. I can't believe people still try to push that crap. Are you trying to get people sick? If you use that crap, you definitely don't grow medical grade and aren't really a farmer and you are more of a hack than anything else

Relax, we are all here to learn - Im sure we eat similar pesticides on produce from the grocery store, forbid 4f used in veg is safe in my book, systemic lasting 45 days. I'm not an advocate for chemical pesticides but their effectiveness is impressive.

Drop some knowledge on us, show me the light. What healthier methods are available for russet/broad control?

OP - the glossy leaves give it away. you will need a good jewelers loupe or a microscope to see them, they are very small.

CaptainKrunch

been searching and searching with a usb scope and a hand held 100-150x scope and i cant find anything. i'll keep searching.

Attachments

• 1313512374318.jpg
    1313512374318.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 17

Xanode

You can see broad mites just from those pics? Who are you inspector gadget?......

HqFarms

Relax, we are all here to learn - Im sure we eat similar pesticides on produce from the grocery store, forbid 4f used in veg is safe in my book, systemic lasting 45 days. I'm not an advocate for chemical pesticides but their effectiveness is impressive.

Drop some knowledge on us, show me the light. What healthier methods are available for russet/broad control?

OP - the glossy leaves give it away. you will need a good jewelers loupe or a microscope to see them, they are very small.

Those pesticides are still in the plant after 45 days.i have seen tests of imid in plants after 3 generations of clones. It is a minuscule amount but still an amount. Now for a safer way try using
beauveria bassiana which is in myctrol and bontigaurd, grandevo, met52, or predatory mites. Check out evergreengrowsupply.com for the predatory mites. I have beat russets and broads with a combination of all those

Speed of green

Those pesticides are still in the plant after 45 days.i have seen tests of imid in plants after 3 generations of clones. It is a minuscule amount but still an amount. Now for a safer way try using
beauveria bassiana which is in myctrol and bontigaurd, grandevo, met52, or predatory mites. Check out evergreengrowsupply.com for the predatory mites. I have beat russets and broads with a combination of all those

Nice! ill take a look at them. do they work well as a preventative?

Cut back on your nute levels, give them a little more water in the mix so they can transpire without having to uptake so much food. I'm seeing slight overfeeding if no mites detected. Best of luck. Peace

CaptainKrunch

ph came out at 6.4 after watering with ph 5.6 ....gonna flush and bring back to 6.0. also will be using 300ppm canna a and b nutes. kept looking for bugs today to no avail.

Latest posts

Latest posts