What's new

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

TexMex McDirt

but in many ways its safer to show your grow online than to show it to your friends.

VG

That is one of the great things about this place. I don't tell ANYONE about my grow (other than my wife, but I had to get her signoff on it, and she smokes more than I do). Not even my best friends. But I can come here and chat about it.

As always VG, your grows are great, inspiring. One day soon I will get off my ass and post my new setup, it's in my attic (loft), thanks to you proving that I could do it there with proper ventilation.

Cheers! Happy farming, stay safe.

Tex

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Danagram - i'm using a new soil mix this time which i'll post up later, i'll also post up the old one ive been using for ages and is properly tried and tested.

Tex - cool that you have the grow going well in the attic, nice and stealthy for sure (i just wish i could stand up in my attic ;) ). i think the main thing is ducting the air up from the house - so it's cooler in summer and warmer in winter... let us know if you post it up!

heady, yeah the haze is coming on ok. the fans are yellowing but the leafs on the buds are green enough. this cut is pretty quick as well - about 12 weeks - it should keep fattening up if all goes well.

dixenous - thanks, ive done a few LED grows, the links are in my sig ;)

----

quick cab shot, seems im off form for photos as its out of focus - but you get the idea.
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks killerweed!

---

8 weeks in now and the blueberry is starting to look great, doing its crazy foxtail thing. i love this plant
picture.php

other side
picture.php

nug.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bubba, another week or so and this is done. i have another one that will be ready to go in there too
picture.php
picture.php

and the haze is filling out as the fans continue to yellow
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks delic!

here is the present soil mix as requested, i am hoping to recycle this and add another 2.5% biochar next time

30% peat
20% calcined clay / sophisticat pink
10 aged bark chips
20 topsoil
10 ewc
10 mushroom compost
+ 2.5% biochar

ferts : for the full strength mix
5g/litre each of dolomite lime, rock phosphate, rock potash, seaweed meal
2g/litre neem seed meal, 2g/l miracle grow rhododendron and camelia food
4g/litre N guano
6g/litre P guano.

the bubba was given the full strength mix, for the blueberry the guano was reduced by 1/3 and for the haze it was reduced by 2/3rds

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey watchu, yeah im going for quality rather than quantity this round, all these cuts are moderate yielding but properly righteous in the smoking dept.

the Bb smells like blueberry, but aso has a riot of other smells going on. starts like cotton candy/sweet hashy and finishes skunky/floral/berry. it's about the strongest smelling cut ive grown - equal in stinkyness to the UK cheese. open the jar and the room stinks, it's when the other terpenes calm down that the blueberry smell comes through the best.
its a wierd looking plant but i love it

VG

very nice VG, the main reason why i asked is because i used to have a juicy fruity that looked almost identical to that BB in calax structure,colour ect, i know they're somewhat related, it was really sweet with a fruity/bubblegum undertone really small trics but had oil all over it.

I hope they bring you fun times, which i'm sure they will. :hatoff:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats interesting watchu, never grown the jf but ive also never seen a Bb cut quite like mine either!

---

the bubba came down today at just over 9 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

the blueberry is still doing it's thing but will be ready in a week or two i think. i have to say its done very well under the LED's - the buds and calyxes have gotten big!
heres a shot from the short end, 3 rows of colas, 9 weeks
picture.php

and a nug
picture.php

and the haze at 9 weeks too
picture.php

for anyone who is interested i am now a 'seedbay private breeder' having auctioned some bubba S1s - which all sold very quickly.
here is a link to my subforum
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65744

VG

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
My OHxSK#1 looks the same color, same soil as the others, it's just a lighter green than things with lots of indica in em..

You might have run out of root space, sativa roots just keep going if I remember correctly..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey ixnay, you're right the haze is a lighter green. i think the calcined clay in the mix makes it a bit wetter than perlite, and when i went away and left the plants on capillary matting to water them, the haze was probably wetter than it liked.
its doing fine though, buds are swelling and it's ripening nicely. as i said its a 12 weeker so not too long left.

VG

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
EXCELLENT PROGRESS BUDDY, your bb lookin same my blueberry gum ...veri nice smoka bro..enjoyed in harvest time!!
kudos to you and RESPECT

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks killerweed, i took the Blueberry down today at 10 weeks. also taking the plant down from the attic allowed me to get far enough away to take lightly better pics of it. there is a lot of bud here....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

analogue

Oh, I can smell those ladies from the Golden Gate bridge :tiphat:. I let out a little "oh yea" gasp when I saw that overhead shot of the BB.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The personal use grower and inquisitives,like me, thank you

I am so preoccupied developing simple, effective DIY hydro systems that I can only keep up with LEDs as a lurker. I bought in prematurely ~ 3 years ago. LEDs are quantum levels beyond then. If someone took the ball from the concept put forward by EVO (Spain) + LEDgrow.eu, we ('merica) could have kick ass LEDs at reasonable prices

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey analogue, thanks, ive been struggling to get good pics of the Bb and was reasonably pleased with that one... an yeah it does smell heavenly! possibly the best run ive had with this cut.. looks like a good haul.

hey PF, thanks, i bought into LED's about 3 years ago too and managed to get good results with them.. around 1gpw. now its a little better than that. ive always stuck to the same brand because i know they work and my dealings with them has always been good - and i'll always put personal experience before what i read on the internet... there are lots of ulterior motives and prejudice at play in what some people say. especially in business when there is money at stake..

have you used either of those lights you mention??

the EVO led's looked nice for sure but the electrics are obviously seriously flawed and some of our members have had trouble getting anything done about their faulty lights. perhaps the cree's they use would make them a bit more efficient than panels like mine that use bridgelux etc, but afaik we are talking about 10-20% extra efficiency. Mr X obviously posted up a good grow with them and his photos were amazing... but over 2 gpw???? i find that hard to believe tbh, and the weight of the buds (as far as i could understand) was based on his looking at the plants and making an estimation of the dry weight. estimating plants' weight by looking at them is hit and miss. check my 21w bin grow. peeps were estimating 2 oz when the actual dry weight was just over 1oz

ive grown under quite a few panels now, some low wattage over a larger area, some small but powerful over a small area. 3w chips, 1w chips and ive found the results are pretty consistent around 0.9-1.2 gpw.. and i reckon ive pushed the efficiency and canopy management pretty far. i just dont see how someone could get double what i get really - a bit more maybe if the lights are slightly more efficient, but double... no.

the LEDgrow ones look like home made units, the results they are claiming are (just about) believable.

one thing the bar type lights have in their favor is the even spread of lighting over the canopy, im much happier with my LED cab now that ive achieved just that with 2 x 1w units squeezed into my cab. not cheep though.
i can understand why the lack of fans is desirable for stealth growers but for anyone like me who uses a proper inline fan + filter in their grows then that will make much more noise than the fans on the LED unit... and operating temperature has a massive impact on efficiency and lifespan of the diodes so in some ways fans are better if the noise isnt a problem...

---

the bubba is dry i just need to pick over and weigh it up...

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts