What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lens angles have a lot to do where to position fixture above canopy without bleaching. In a small closet like this I would think 80-120, leaning toward 120

RapidLED offers a thin heat sink that should fit in between. Could it be used for uv... & what about a splash of IR?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i just love how your modscrog cab can so efficiently run a haze next to a bubba without breaking a sweat.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
ixnay, yes molar clay is in my newe soil mix. seems to work well but weighs a ton compared to perlite. i can only just lift the big trough (i have to move my pots from a sitting position as you cant stand up in my loft

here is the new mix:
30% peat
20% molar clay (sophisticat pink)
10% aged bark
20% topsoil
10% ewc
10% mushroom compost
2.5% biochar

then 5g/litre of each of these - Dolomite lime, rock phosphate, rock potash, seaweed meal

2g/l of miracle grow rhododendron, camelia and azalia food
2g/l of neem meal

4g/litre N guano
6g/litre P guano

the bubba got the full strength guano mix, the blueberry got 2/3rds full strength guano mix (mixed with 1/3 un-guano'd mix)
and the haze got 1/3 strength on the guano

all seems to be working great atm. i fed weak veg nutes a few times to charge the biochar, and i'll add another 2.5% biochar next run when i recycle the soil.

VG

Nice, finally found some myself, paid too much for it, but since I'm looking to reuse my soil I'm hoping to have good results. The biochar is something else I'm interested in, here's hoping it works out well :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
petflora, im not so worried about a wide lens angle now that i have two fixtures and a wide spread of LED clusters overhead. these X lenses really do focus the light in a fairly concentrated area - so hopefully i will now get the best of both worlds (high intensity and even coverage. i have the closest buds at 6" now which may cause a bit of bleaching we will see. interestingly the addition of green seemed to reduce the bleaching, possibly because it reduced the red slightly.
i have UV t5's which is what i'll use in here, the Hydro grow LED spectrum already contains a fair amoun of IR so im good for that.

2000rpm - yeah its baking hot here so that should help the foxtails - although this Bb cut tends to always make them to some extent.

heady - thats one of the best things about modscrog - high yields without monocropping.

ixnay - last time i tried biochar i used it at 10% and im pretty sure that was way too much. this time i thought 2.5% and then another 2.5% when i recycle. so far the plants are staying quite green so all is good i hope.

pics----

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blueberry at just over 4 weeks hard to get a shot of the bigger screen in my cramped attic space. there are a lot of buds though take it from me ;)
picture.php

picture.php

bubba - again at just over 4 weeks
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ixnay, yeah i think biochar takes a while to settle in and until the it robs N, so ive been watering a few times with a dilute organic grow mix to offset that.

killerweed - thanks for checking in!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should also say a big thanks to ganja_hasi for nominating my last thread (with the 126Xpro LED) for the april grow of the month contest !

cheers dude!

VG

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are more than welcome VG, I have to thank you for everything you do for our community.. :respect: & a BIG :thank you:

puffin n passin over :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks again, really it helps me too, posting my grows, getting feedback - i think it makes me strive to keep the standard up, knowing you're going to have to show pics lol.

sometimes its a pain uploading pics etc on slow internet (tor), but in many ways its safer to show your grow online than to show it to your friends.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, 5 weeks 3 days update, all is well....

photos?

oh yes...

blueberry coming on nicely
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and the bubba too
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haze is starting to yellow a little bit... i gave it some half strength organic veg nutes. hopefully the biochar will soak some of the N up and give it back slowly.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
gorgeous bro, veri nice lookin plants, i think is normal for the haze turn little bit yellow..i get the same few run before with sam the skunkmen haze beens!!!
great job bro!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey killerweed thats interesting, certainly letting it go hungry will help the haze finish so im not too worried.... hopefully i'l get away with giving it that last feed.

i also dusted a bud on each of the plants with some very special pollen provided by a friend. its digiberry bx1 and by all accounts the digi is a proper old blueberry cut from the states. looks like i have a few seeds forming. ive been looking for some great blue pollen to dust my blueberry cut with for some time now...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, 7 week in, ive been away for a few days and the plants survived quite well with a capillary matting/wick system for watering.. except that they always get a bit too wet when i do that so i have a few gnats now - which should disappear as i let the soil dry out a bit.
pics not much good as i messed with the camera settings but its all i have for now
the blueberry has really come on and the calyxs are starting to stack

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bubba starting to look ripe, probably take it at 9 weeks (in two weeks)
picture.php

picture.php

and the haze is still yellowing but also swelling. the two buds nearest the light have sent up a runner each but apart from that its ok. soil needs to dry out a bit
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Danagram

hey plants are looking great! VG.. are there any links to your soil recipe on here? i tried searching but couldnt find anything thanks!