What's new

WASHITNGTON STATE URGENT: Homegrow bill

Hey Everyone,

We have a flurry of legislation regarding Cannabis in Washington this session. One of particular note would allow 6 plant homegrow for anyone 21 or over. It will also allow legal transfer of up to an ounce of flower between adults. Also included is a possession limit AT HOME of up to 24 oz of flower.

The bill is HB 2629. Link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2016&bill=2629

I contacted one of the bills sponsors, Rep Condatta:

I just spoke with Rep Condatta's legislative assistant. He told me that for the bill to move forward it must be voted out of committee.

The deadline for that to happen is FRIDAY!

There is only one more meeting where they will have the opportunity to do that.

According to Rep. Condatta's office the best chance we have to move this forward is to contact the chair of the committee (Rep Hurst) TODAY and ask that he assist in voting the bill out of committee with a "do pass recommendation".

PLEASE!!!! Take 2 minutes!

Pick up the telephone.

Dial (360) 786 - 7866

Say: "Hello, could you pleas ask Rep Hurst to assist in moving HB 2629 out of committee with a do pass recommendation. Thank you. Good bye."

Hang up the telephone.

If you are feeling really outgoing then click on the link below to find contact info for your reps and call them and ask "Please support HB 2629".

http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
----------------------------------------------
Representative Christopher Hurst (D)
Chair - Commerce & Gaming Committee
320 John L. O'Brien Building
PO Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504
(360) 786 - 7866

Public hearing went well yesterday from what I heard it goes up for committee vote on Friday we need more people to contact the legislature though my rep in west Seattle is against home grow based on the response I got from her.

M

mugenbao

I'll call in the morning. I'm not convinced it will do any good as our local pols just kind of do what they want anyways, but it's worth trying.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for this!

I c/pd and sent to everyone who might make the call.

Let's make this viral

Public hearing went well yesterday from what I heard it goes up for committee vote on Friday we need more people to contact the legislature though my rep in west Seattle is against home grow based on the response I got from her.

The hearing sounded somewhat positive BUT.... it did not end in a vote to move the bill out of committee. That has to happen before Friday.

The "critical link" is Rep Hurst. He is the chair of the committee and can call for the vote.

Please call your elected officials but also call Rep Hurst's office NOW!!!!!

Thanks Everyone

Bill is dead no home grow in WA and Mmj is basically dying. Hurst killed it but of course they support allowing bullshit 502 shops delivery service rights so you can get that garbage delivered to your doorstep. 1 plant still a felony 41g possession still a felony. Boycott502 if you want to see any change

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Current MMJ limits are 15 plants and 24 oz. Since the voters voted for MMJ a lawsuit might be what is needed. Some people will leave the state in July, others will not comply.

M

mugenbao

Current MMJ limits are 15 plants and 24 oz. Since the voters voted for MMJ a lawsuit might be what is needed. Some people will leave the state in July, others will not comply.
Those limits change in July though, don't they? That's why I've been doing seed-making/pollen-collecting runs back to back to back lately, won't be able to keep any males when I'm restricted to four freaking plants.

Edit: Missed your reference to July at first, woops :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts