What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

I apologize for not going thru this whole thread I will when time permits ,quick question is there a cj bx , or an ibl available in seed form ? Thanks in advance folks

M

mugenbao

dammit i want those cjxsb ix on seedbay, but i'm so fucking broke i can't even send in seeds that i made last year. i missed them when lou first sent them in, and i feel like i'm goin to miss them again.
the weed you never smoked is the weed you want the most.
Yikes, there's only two packs left! I'm kind of in the same boat as you, and it's doubtful I'll be able to obtain any new genetics for quite some time. I feel ya, man.

There may come a time when someone sends in some CJxSB F2 seeds perhaps, if LouDog doesn't send some more in at some point himself. Here's to hoping, at least :D

M

mugenbao

It's getting crazy in there, I think I'm gonna have to chop the males within the next few days. Every female has every calyx pollinated, and the pollen is just freaking everywhere.
Yeah, so about that... I got at least a couple dozen paper packets filled with pollen from all four males, and FULLY pollinated all of the females, and it was an epic mess. It was like Black Sunday, but with plant pollen. It coated absolutely everything! It got sucked into and completely covered the tops of all of my LED lights, accumulated in my fans, completely coated the prefilter cloth for my carbon filter, left little piles on top of the PVC for the trellis, and left a nice mulch of male flowers all over the floor and in the pots.

I was absolutely not prepared for the amount of pollen produced. In the past I'd only ever have one male dropping pollen freely in a tent full of ladies, and it would get chopped as soon as pollination had occurred. These four males produced copious amounts of pollen each, and were given a little over a week to do their jobs.

Holy shit.

On the other hand, I think I'm going to have a metric fuckton of CJxSB F2 seeds :dance013:

Last edited:

FireIn.TheSky

I apologize for not going thru this whole thread I will when time permits ,quick question is there a cj bx , or an ibl available in seed form ? Thanks in advance folks

Devils Harvest Seeds sells Casey Jones fems. I just bought some, I was quite happy with what I got, I bought a 10 pack all of the seeds were large and brown, price wasn't too bad either. I would have preferred male/female but in this case something is better than nothing.

LouDog420

Awesome to see all the pollination and breeding projects going on, as well as seed pops. I'm lurking, just been super busy lately...

As far as any packs on the bay (haven't checked, may be gone now), they are relists. I believe I asked for original pricing at 20/pk, so still the same price even though they are pushing several years old now. Most packs have 15-20 beans, and they are still viable for me and my storage is not climate controlled or even in a fridge/freezer... Relatively low temp fluctuations and low humidity, so I'd assume all are still good given the bay's large collection and what I can only assume is a proper storage environment...

Of note, any outcrosses, linebreeding, selfing, whatever, it is always welcome to be released to the community. I just ask you follow the same charitable guidelines which include ample seeds for a very reasonable price. Those numbers can be determined by you and common sense/overhead. Really though, they are h3ad and BOGs genetics, I just tossed some beans at a few outdoor plots for a few years and made some selections...

Certainly not in regard to anyone in particular, but worth noting... If I see someone taking advantage of low supply with high prices, I'll flood the bay with dirt cheap original packs, you better bet. ;)

Free the beans, that's what it's about...

Good vibes all! Keep rockin' that casey

Lou

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Real kind of ya Lou!
You missed a shitorm and a half over here ha! When it rains it pours they say. Alive and well and kickin tho :D

LouDog420

Good to hear buddy, I think I caught the tail end of the craziness you are discussing, as it was getting cleaned up, but very glad to hear all is well... Ya need anything, just holler, I got ya covered.

Good vibes all!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thats the spirit LouD! Sharing is caring! Makes me laugh some breeders charging over $200 for a pack of 10 seeds. Like c'mon now LOL I've seen some packs for over $500 and its just laughable how suckers actually pay that much cash for a strain. Too much hype in the game... some keepers to be found in a pack of CJxSB IX1 for sure for $20! For just over $1 a seed, its a no brainer for me!

I've smoked some of the top notch strains out there, and I'd say CJxSB high is just as strong, if not better! I just love the high of this strain. I've been smoking on several phenos of SBxCJ over the past 3-4 years, mostly this strain only and it never gets old to me. There are some tasty tasty phenos to be found, theres on that the hash tastes strain like ginger sauce! It's one of my favorite ones!

Peace fellas and thanks LouD once again! You're the man broda! :)

FireIn.TheSky

Im finally working with some CJ, I bought the devils harvest fems and I was lucky enough to score one of the last packs in existence of LouDogs F3's recently.

Im really happy to be trying this strain after all these years.

KONY

Veteran
Got her in flower for the first time in about a year. Shes at 30 days now I believe. I will get pictures in the next few weeks when they start really filling in.

Have 6 Devils Harvest Casey Jones in veg right now. 4 of them are doing quite well but two of them seem to be a bit lacking in the vigor department. Other than that, so far so good!

M

mugenbao

hell yeah mug! toss that pollen baby, pollen bukake ftw :D
I ended up with so many seeds that I just stopped counting after a few hundred. All told, it's about four of those small zip-lock bags that are big enough to hold a 3"x5" index card, each fairly well filled. I gave up at the end, and just turned the rest of the buds into butter without even deseeding them :)

Certainly not in regard to anyone in particular, but worth noting... If I see someone taking advantage of low supply with high prices, I'll flood the bay with dirt cheap original packs, you better bet. ;)

Free the beans, that's what it's about...

Good vibes all! Keep rockin' that casey

Lou
So if I list a few packs of my shitty seeds for about $250 each, you'll re-up the bay with the good stuff? Heh, be worth it just to see the flood of genuine LouDog seeds. Just kidding man, if I ever sent anything in (and that's probably not ever going to happen) it would be for freebies or server fund, etc. :D

Popped a few more CJxSB for this newest round, was gonna grow 'em out all seedless as I'm getting kind of tired of not having any sensi, but then I found an absolutely OUTSTANDING male, the best male I've ever had, so I had to go ahead and dust 'em. Sigh. Next round will be the seedless stuff, I guess.

Gotta thank you once again for making those available, such good stuff!

:thank you:

FireIn.TheSky

I just put 2 lou dog cjs into flower. I bought the last pack off seedbay a few months ago. I got really good germ considering the age of the seeds.

LouDog420

Woohoo! Casey still rocking strong it seems. Share the love, spread the beans
tiphat.gif

Had to do my own germination feasibility test on cjsb, as it's that time of the year, and still looking pretty good... Stuck them in a corner and managed 15/21 to start with a few stragglers upping it to 17/21 above ground, but had another buddy go for 10/10 with a little love and affection... Still viable for sure but age is getting up there...

FITS, we talking cjsb or one of the pure casey lines (likely f3, but also released f2, bx1, and a couple outcrosses)? Best of luck with them, hope you find something nice. Always watching for nanners, generally late flower, heat induced, usually sterile, but always helps to be vigilant... That's how my old favorite cut would let you know she was done ;)

All the best, still a few months in the making, but stay tuned friends! Hope to get this thread rocking again :D

FireIn.TheSky

I bought the straight casey f2s I believe. I grabbed them on some old server fund relish a while back.

First 4 were all females, I had some trouble with them do to grow issues but I was able to nurse them back to health and not lose any of them.

First 2 into flower dont waste any time they start pumping out the bud right away. I also have one devils harvest cj fem plant going too. I'm going to pick the best female they start more seeds looking for a male. I want to preserve the line.

M

mugenbao

Popped the last half-dozen CJxSB seeds that came from the original beast-mode plant I had in my very first CJxSB run years ago (which reminds me, I just call that one 'LouDog's Beast' now) and put them into coco. I've run these a few times before, and they always come out very much like the original (and every one so far has been female, so I apparently had a few nanners in the room somewhere on that first run). I've got two breaking the surface this morning, and the others can't be far behind, which makes me very happy.

I plan on hitting one with some Haze pollen, because I can't wait to see what happens when I mix a long-flowering slow-ass mind-bending Haze with the insane growth rate, ridiculous frost, and highly accelerated maturation of LD's Beast. Seriously, I cannot express how excited I get about that.

Gonna hit another with some pollen from a (Blues x Fire OG) x CBDB I've been saving for a special occasion. I really like what I've seen coming from that pollen already, and adding some of The Beast into the mix cannot help but result in something good, I believe. I guess we'll see.

If I get three (and I fully expect to), I'll hit one with some CJxSB pollen I have also, to keep the gene pool going. It should be very interesting to make selections from those in the future and see if I can get one that's more CJ leaning but retaining some of the good qualities of the mother.

LouDog420

Likely f3s... Look for the lemon leaning, those were my favorite, dense, compact, frosty, a bit floppy, lemon/sour funk.... There were some more sativa leaning fruity tropical girls in the f3s, but the lemon was my favorite from that line, and male was pretty beastly, added nice to structure/yield... Would be very cool to start crossing different casey lines for preservation... Old pink f2s, csg/true, devil harvest (think schmoe cut??), yes, all good stuff and worthy of backing up.

Mugs, why not just dust a little branch with each? Grab a lower, label with tape, and toss a little dust between thumb and forefinger and do the old bud/pollen roll... Very limited contamination between pollen sources if done carefully and on different locations on same plant, but easy way to do multiple pollen chucks to the same plant in the same space... Single lower nugs end up yielding 10-50 seeds/ea depending on size, usually enough to do some future searching, make multiple crosses per plant, and still have some sensi from the good stuff up top...

All sounds killer though, glad to hear you're having fun ;)

All the best casey lovers!
Lou