What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nothing To live for

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga_sadu

R.I.P Cpl Johnathan ***** and Cpl Thomas H. I was just at a meeting and met with the other boys parents who are from New Jersey, we lost our boys in the fight to save the world. Im not doing to well and I wont be forever, havent been to work, havent gone to refill my scripts Im such a mess I dont even know how im going to pay for the funeral

Truly I am sorry to hear this man. Perhaps, in your son's memory, you should consider adopting an orphaned / abandoned child who's starving for care and guidance, and give him / her a fresh lease of life and treat him as your child. This will for sure give u a reason to live for again. Plz. do think 'bout this man. And again, I'm really sorry to hear this bad news.

Last edited:
Guys im really sorry im bringing all your spirits down and shit. I came here to learn about cultivating and all I bring are my bad stories and death, im really sorry I just have no one else to talk to. I lost my youngest son to the goddamn war in Iraq, im writing letters to the white house all day and hopefully I'll get a response from those asswholes. Stay Safe.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Tokinmomof3 said:
Guys im really sorry im bringing all your spirits down and shit. I came here to learn about cultivating and all I bring are my bad stories and death, im really sorry I just have no one else to talk to. I lost my youngest son to the goddamn war in Iraq, im writing letters to the white house all day and hopefully I'll get a response from those asswholes. Stay Safe.

My friend, you dont have to apolagize to us for a thing. While we all come here for herb , we are also a community of friends. So its inievitable that you dicuss some of your personal life with us and we all do the same with each other.

I served in military and i am truly sory for your loss. Your son was a brave young man and regardless of how he lost his life , he is a hero in my book. Your son put on a uniform that many brave men and women have worn to serve our country. For his service and sacrifice he is owed to be remembered as the hero he was/is to all of us. I dont agree with the war but i support our boys over there and they are heros to us all. I am truly sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family.

As far as the funeral, he died in combat. You shouldnt have to pay for a thing. Uncle sam will foot the bill on that one.

Nevermind

Thanks nevermind, They said they would pay for half which is ok to say the least, they also said It wont be until another 2 weeks, This whole this is really weird, Im still in shock, I've been like frozen the past couple days.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
mr. tokinmomof3, my condolences for the lost of your son.
and as mr. nevermind said, no need to be sorry about this thread, in fact, thank you for posting this, as it reminds us all of how much this crazy war is affecting everyone regardless of countries of origin.
pax et lux.

naga_sadu

No problem man, we are all human beings. It's my duty as a human to lend a helping ear (even if it's only online) to a fellow human who's going thru the worst distresses ever imaginable.

G

I'm sorry for your loss, TokinMomof3.

I hope that as the fog clears, that your grief brings some help in its own way, and that you feel the kindred spirit of your son in your presence always.

I've lost many persons to death, but never a child I have raised.

I don't know what to say. :badday:

Cry 'til you can't, embrace his memories, and smile with his spirit.

Take care, breathe, sleep, eat. I hope that soon, one of many tomorrows will get easier.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

moose eater

J

James-Bong

Well, As an Iraqi Freedom Veteran I know first hand how hard such a deployment can be on family....I wish you the best.... Keep ur chin up :joint:

G

TMo3,

Maybe you're already doing this, but please, if you're not, find someone you trust and care for, and who cares for you, who can be with you for the next while; a week, 2 weeks, month.. whatever folks in your life can lend in support.

Don't stay alone through this unless you absolutely need to.

Consider this forum your own 24-hour, stoner-driven, crisis line (though perhaps I'm not in a position of authority to offer that to you).

Grief is a fertile swamp that can be absolute hell to get through, but has its rewards at the other side. The anger will come first. You've already tasted it.

Please take care through this.

Look for the sunshine each morning, and the moon and stars each night.

Peace,

moose eater

G

Wow - I am truly sorry for the loss of your son.

I hope in time you will find peace

ws

R

Ronley

I am very sad. Sad for you, that you lost your son, and very sad that 2 brave brave heros - Cpl. Johanathan and Cpl. Thomas. died.

I am sad for all the other brave young men who are loosing there lives and have lost there lives in this terrible war in Iraq.

Everyday they broadcast on the radio news about new sucide bombings with the loss of US troops and countless civillians. Knowing a names of 2 of the soldiers who died in these bombings makes it all the more real, and its not just a news broadcast.

Tokinmomof3 please hang in there. over this awful horrible time, and my condolences to you and your family.

Whaat

Whaat

I don't mean to pry, but I thought they said he was going to survive. That's really fucked up they would give you such bad information.

Man weed is nice, but ativan is better for anxiety IMO. Xanex is more powerful though, which might be very well called for in this case.

Once again guys thank you, I've been with my loved ones and both my son and older daughter are trying to be with me but their lives are somewhere else and work is what keeps them going but im trying not to take pills being that I know it messes people up and im immune to valium or something and xanax puts me in the weirdest ways, I went to the doc today he gave me some depression pills and I was like seriously just give me a script for weed to ease my pain anyways Ive been in another world all day wishin it had been myself and not my youngest child. Once again everyone thank you so much you dont know how much your words mean to me.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
TokinMom, my sincerest condolences to you ard your family. As a vet and a father of 2 sons, I am so happy that one is now too old to fight and the other only has about 5 years to go. I know that you were worried about funeral expenses, Most GIs have some kind of insurance, usually a $10,000 basic policy. You need to check with the military to see if your son had such a policy, as it would cover any expenses. I feel very bad for you. Three of my kin have their names written on the Vietnam War Memorial.

Duppy

Oh, no.

TMO3 I am so, so sorry. There simply aren't words to express it. All of us who are parents know exactly what you mean about wishing it could be you instead of him. That would certainly be easier than what you are going through.

I don't know how much it helps, but know that there are a lot of us shedding tears with you tonight.

Last edited:
G

My heartfelt thx to your son (and everyones son,daughter,mother,father,uncle,aunt,brother,sister)for risking and giving their lives everyday 24/7 to provide us with the right to sit here right now and have this online discussion.
I can't even imagine.
My son will be of DRAFT age this newyear if it were to be implemented again and I just can't even begin to fathom losing him to any war let alone one created for the gain of a select few and not for man and country. My anger on the otherhand is directed at those few powerful A-holes that play power games every day like the world is their RISK game and send our poor young sons and daughters into harms way purely for PERSONAL financial gain and or powertrip ego filling fix, DUBYA SR and JR should be ashamed of themselves for letting this second war take place at all. 1991 was the moment to eliminate the axis of evil but oil ain't worth crap (oil wells on fire for months and oil spewing for months ,and we did not even see a hiccup at the gas (petrol)pumps so wait for 10 years and go back.60 a barrel will be a bargain by the time BUSH n the rest of his Skeleton Crew stuff their pockets full.

Sorry for the rant,Just makes me mad thats all.

I ask everyone with anyone in the army,navy, airforce, marines ,etc to say thanks from me and my family for sacrificing everything for the life we live daily.I wish we could say thx by having them all come home and protect us from the inside out not the outside in.

We had a vigil held today for my son, I think im going crazy. I love my children and family so much and yet it seems like god has something against me and is taking everyone I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.